#1 Posted by The Iron Cavalier (231 posts) - - Show Bio

So I've been on the forums for about 3 months now, and I've posted, give or take, 125 times. I check for new threads and everything every day. But there is one evil that threatens to engulf the vine.

Posts in the wrong forum.

For example, if I wanted to talk about the Venom Symbiote and it's appearance in New Avengers this month, I have a number of options.

1) New Avengers Forum

2) Venom Forum

3) Symbiote Forum

Topics such as 'Comic Movies' or 'Clark's Bar and Grill' belong in "General Discussion"

Unfortunately, WWE, non-comic-related video games, etc. belong in the "Off Topic" forum.

If you want to know the outcome of 'Galactus v. Howard the Duck' Try "Battles"

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

(sorry, this has been ticking me off lately)

#2 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed!

#3 Posted by G-Man (32081 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been a grumble for me. It also makes it easier to find past threads if they are in the right place. Like I just dug out an old Darkness thread rather than start a new one. Where was it? On the Darkness' page. People tend to put everything under General discussion.

Staff Online
#4 Posted by Nutshredder (113 posts) - - Show Bio

Clean up the forums? What are you, French?

#5 Posted by G-Man (32081 posts) - - Show Bio

Nutshredder says:

"Clean up the forums? What are you, French?"

What are you even talking about? In case you haven't noticed, the tab at the top of the page says "Forums." This is an annoying problem and I applaud him for bringing it to people's attention.

Staff Online
#6 Posted by Nutshredder (113 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't read humor in internet posts? What are you, French?

#7 Posted by sonicmora (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

Nutshredder says:

"You can't read humor in internet posts? What are you, French?"

what does french have to do with anything?

#8 Posted by Nutshredder (113 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't see the connection with my jokes and being French? What are you, French?

#9 Posted by G-Man (32081 posts) - - Show Bio

Nutshredder says:

"You can't read humor in internet posts? What are you, French?"

No, but I am the guy running this place right now. If you don't have anything constructive to add to this topic, I don't see what your point is.

Staff Online
#10 Posted by sonicmora (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

no actually.

#11 Posted by Nutshredder (113 posts) - - Show Bio

I keep making the same bad posts despite hints to stop? What am I, French? NO! I AM NOT FRENCH! AHHHHHHHHHHH!

...There. It is done. You may all discuss the original thread matter in piece.

#12 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

im first to admit i do this myself... and it is through my ignorance that i continue to do so... computer savey i am not... its just that when i start a new topic i click new topic and then click which forum it should go but i dont know how to open more choices so it either goes into gen discussion or off topic more often than not?

#13 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank goodness someone finally said it! To talk about a character, go to the character's page and there's that character's forums at the bottom of the page. Same for places, concepts, creators etc. Easy to make mistakes and such but it's so good for people to be aware there's more than one option out there :D

#14 Posted by Heart of Infinity (1045 posts) - - Show Bio

Walkingstone says:

"Thank goodness someone finally said it! To talk about a character, go to the character's page and there's that character's forums at the bottom of the page. Same for places, concepts, creators etc. Easy to make mistakes and such but it's so good for people to be aware there's more than one option out there :D"

I couldn't agree more

#15 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, we should make it more aware that people are free to make topics under whatever they want to talk about. I hate the fact that everything is posted about under Gen. Discussion. For example, that Superman hate thread; as if we had enough of those but to be in the Gen. Discussion. Is it so hard to put it under Superman?

I think Clark's Bar and Grill should be under Off-Topic. It's more of a chat thread and really has nothing to do with comics or this site.

#16 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Invisible says:

"Yeah, we should make it more aware that people are free to make topics under whatever they want to talk about. I hate the fact that *everything* is posted about under Gen. Discussion. For example, that Superman hate thread; as if we had enough of those but to be in the Gen. Discussion. Is it so hard to put it under Superman?I think Clark's Bar and Grill should be under Off-Topic. It's more of a chat thread and really has nothing to do with comics or this site."

Yup.

#17 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

The Iron Cavalier says:

For example, if I wanted to talk about the Venom Symbiote and it's appearance in New Avengers this month, I have a number of options.1) New Avengers Forum2) Venom Forum3) Symbiote Forum ... "

There's always going to be areas where judgment is needed. Symbiote seems more general, etc. Just decide what is best for your topic.

I know I'm bad for just going into general than looking for the character, topic, etc.

Can the topics be moved? The original poster could be notified.

#18 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I have done this several time, usually becuase I forget what Forum I am on.

#19 Posted by The Iron Cavalier (231 posts) - - Show Bio

Walkingstone says:

"Thank goodness someone finally said it! To talk about a character, go to the character's page and there's that character's forums at the bottom of the page. Same for places, concepts, creators etc. Easy to make mistakes and such but it's so good for people to be aware there's more than one option out there :D"

Exactly!

#20 Posted by Vrakmul (23407 posts) - - Show Bio

Nutshredder says:

HEY I'M FRENCH!!! I FIND THAT VERY OFFENSIVE!!!!

#21 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"Nutshredder says:
HEY I'M FRENCH!!! I FIND THAT VERY OFFENSIVE!!!!"

Too bad he made the same (slightly funny with time. He posted it several times after being hinted to stop, it was kinda funny) French joke several times.