• 68 results
DRDOOM28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DRDOOM28

In honor of Hugo Strange's arrival in the mainstream (Arkham City trailer), I'm going to make a new list for villains who, while not well known, are still highly dangerous.  This list will focus on DC and Marvel as I know little about the independents.  Also, I don't want this to be strictly my opinion, but I also want suggestions from the community.  Let me know what obscure but badass villain or villainess you think deserves more exposure in comics, video games, or movies.  I won't start the list until a fair amount of suggestions are made, but there is no hurry.  

adamwarner42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By adamwarner42

Titania is a good one to start with

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Decoy Elite
Spot. Insanely powerful teleporter who easily took down Spider-Man when bloodlusted. 

Check out his page for more info.
DRDOOM28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DRDOOM28
@Decoy Elite: I've seen the Spot in action  and your right.  If the guy ever got his act together he could be a lot more dangerous.
DRDOOM28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DRDOOM28
@adamwarner42: Agreed.  Titania is probably one of Marvel's better female villains and definitely deserves more exposure.
AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By AMS

Universo
DRDOOM28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DRDOOM28
@AMS: I'm not too familiar with him.  He's an enemy of the LOH, father of one their members, and a hypnotist(?).  That's the extent of my knowledge.
AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AMS
@DRDOOM28: 

Yeah he is a green lantern gone rogue tried to take over the earth and universe lol, he was Rond Vidars dad but let Superboy Prime kill his son infront of him. He is pretty much sidelined as a joke or the lame hypnotist guy lol.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Decoy Elite

Most webcomic villains would be filed under this as well. Mostly powerful guys like Sarda or DMK.

XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By XRiskyX

Docotr Faustus. Come on, that guy is so dangerous even Moonstone respects her former professor (and who else does Moonstone respect?)

DRDOOM28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DRDOOM28
@AMS:Well, not just any schmuck can be a Green Lantern so he must have decent willpower at least.  How powerful a hypnotist, like Sauron or Mesmero? 
DRDOOM28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DRDOOM28
@Decoy Elite: That's an area of comics I'm completely ignorant of
Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Backflip

The Fury
The Fury

Most people couldn't tell you who this guy is, but believe me, he is probably the most dangerous non-mainstream guy around.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Decoy Elite
@DRDOOM28 said:
" @Decoy Elite: That's an area of comics I'm completely ignorant of "
Most people, thus why they're lesser known.
DRDOOM28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DRDOOM28
@Risky: Good point.  Also as one of the masterminds behind the "death" of Captain America, he's warranted respect.  Besides DC's evil psychologist has made it to the big time, no reason Marvel's shouldn't.  :)
DRDOOM28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DRDOOM28
@Decoy Elite: Touche.
AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AMS
@DRDOOM28: 

He has his ups and downs, he managed to put the whole Earth to sleep once and his hypnosis was powerful to put people like Superboy down but he got some bad showings as well.
DRDOOM28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DRDOOM28
@Backflip: I've read about The Fury and I agree that he's a dangerous SOB.  The problem he has is that he's primarily an Excalibur enemy and doesn't get a lot of exposure into other titles.  Throw in the fact that with Captain Britain involved and  all the alternate Earth mess that comes with him it's no wonder The Fury's not more well known.  He needs to have a throwdown with the Avengers or X-Men, that would get him noticed.  He definitely belongs on the list.
DRDOOM28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DRDOOM28
@AMS: What villain doesn't?  Hmm, hypnotizing the whole planet..yeah, I'd say that makes him dangerous.  I'll put him on it.
XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By XRiskyX

Swarm. An ex-nazi scientist being the hive mind of killer bees. As ridiculous as it sounds, that is a serious problem. Especially since he has grown that much. Try to beat/kill that.

No Caption Provided
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Risky:   
XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By XRiskyX
@Decoy Elite:  Whoa. My nightmare. I am terrified by bees although I am not allergic to them. I snap when I see one and am hardly able to move. One of the reasons I think Swarm to be dangerous. Good find though. ;)
thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By thegreatfour
@Risky: Bees are better than wasps. Bees at least try to avoid you. Wasps are all up in your face.
DRDOOM28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DRDOOM28

I'm a longtime fan of Swarm.  I hate bees and I don't even want to think how painful being stung to death by a swarm of killer bees would be.  Plus he's caused his fair share of events where he seems poised to become a major threat.

XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By XRiskyX
@thegreatfour:  I have pretty much problems with everything that is somehow similiar to bees. Wasps, hornets, even bumblebees. As long as it has black and yellow stripes and flies I'm terrified of it. XD
thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By thegreatfour
@Risky: I got stung by a wasp in gym. They make us wear these stupid looking shorts and it got me on the leg.
Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@Decoy Elite said:
" Spot. Insanely powerful teleporter who easily took down Spider-Man when bloodlusted.   Check out his page for more info. "
totally agree he has possibly the coolest power of all marvel-dc characters.  @Risky said:
" Swarm. An ex-nazi scientist being the hive mind of killer bees. As ridiculous as it sounds, that is a serious problem. Especially since he has grown that much. Try to beat/kill that.

No Caption Provided
"
i am always in awe that he isnt one of the greats.
Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreatfour said:
" @Risky: I got stung by a wasp in gym. They make us wear these stupid looking shorts and it got me on the leg. "
i think its stupid gyms make us wear those weird shorts.  

anyway, i posted that i agree about spot and swarm.  i also want to mention:

This Chemistro.  H started the two most effective attacks of the Hood's Gang, and his paste can dissolve practically anything.  Yeah i know that early on he was lousy a h2h and thus had the misfortune to shoot his own foot off, but recentl he has been e good in combat.  Give this guy a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 This Chemistro.  H started the two most effective attacks of the Hood's Gang, and his paste can dissolve practically anything.  Yeah i know that early on he was lousy a h2h and thus had the misfortune to shoot his own foot off, but recentl he has been e good in combat.  Give this guy a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than Kraven, no one has been closer to killing Spider-man than the original Mysterio.  I think he deserves a higher place (als Ultimate Mysterio killed Kingpin, which is wowing even though Ultimate Kingpin isnt as good as his 616 counterpart.
 Other than Kraven, no one has been closer to killing Spider-man than the original Mysterio.  I think he deserves a higher place (als Ultimate Mysterio killed Kingpin, which is wowing even though Ultimate Kingpin isnt as good as his 616 counterpart.

Blob
 Blob

He can trick all five senses into believing anything.  this guy should be an a-lister (and id actually like to see him turn good)
 He can trick all five senses into believing anything.  this guy should be an a-lister (and id actually like to see him turn good)

This guy is sweet!  Hammerhead
 This guy is sweet!  Hammerhead

mac gargan. this guy was an awesome venom.  he even got the symbiote over its weakness to sound and fire.  there was only one foe he couldnt fight-Brian Michael Bendis.  
mac gargan. this guy was an awesome venom.  he even got the symbiote over its weakness to sound and fire.  there was only one foe he couldnt fight-Brian Michael Bendis.  

Hardball
 Hardball
adamwarner42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By adamwarner42
DRDOOM28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DRDOOM28
@Violet-Eyed Dragon: Wow, lot to reply to, let's see.  First thing's first, yes, the shorts are stupid.  This is not an opinion, this is a fact.  Swarm's set to appear in the Heroic Age Villains Handbook, so maybe this a portent of good tidings for him. 

Ok, back to business.  I agree that Chemistro's got potential, especially if he ever manages to internalize the powers of his gun like the second one did.  Cage as much as said so in New Avengers Most Wanted. 

I don't know about Mysterio, I've always considered him one of Spider-Man's greatest enemies.  Then I again I remember him as a kid and I liked his look, I'm not too sure what his rep is these days.  Though I've heard it's pretty bad, especially after the Daredevil debacle.  Plus he's well known in the mainstream.  He's dangerous, but not obscure. 

Same with Blob. 

Dracula definitely qualifies considering how powerful and intelligent he is.  He deserves more exposure.  They should have made him the mastermind behind Curse of the Mutants, not that Xarus-no-one-has-ever-heard-of-me asshole.  

Hammerhead-also someone I feel has a lot of potential to make it big and's who's made a number of appearances in other media despite his relative obscurity.  All he needs now is a memorable comic story arc to solidify himself as a serious player.  

Mac gargan-definitely not obscure as he has more than made his mark as of late.  Agree that Brian Michael Bendis is more dangerous that any sonic attack. 

Hardball..I admit I've never heard of him until recently.  All I know is the name and that he was part of the Initiative.
DRDOOM28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DRDOOM28
@adamwarner42: I'd have to agree with all three of these.
XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By XRiskyX

Found another one. Not really well known nowadays but he's extremely dangerous on a physical level. Nearly indestructible, a psionic, poisonous enough that even Wolvie can't ignore it and so experienced in melee it isn't funny anymore. Although Sabretooth is said to be Wolverine's most dangerous opponent h2h it is clearly this guy. Logan has kicked Creed's fuzzy butt countless times over the years but he has only one (I repeat ONE time since this villain appeared) victory in h2h combat against this guy. one time he even beat Shadowcat, Nightwalker and Wolverine in combat and they had to imprison him. He even trained Daken and easily bested him in combat afterwards. Who am I talking about? Simple.

Cyber
 Cyber

ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33  Edited By ComicCrazy

I think Graviton is a good example

XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By XRiskyX
@ComicCrazy:  Good pick. Nearly forgot about him but he's insanely powerful and dangerous.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By sexy_merc

Definitely in my top 5 favorite villains.

No Caption Provided
Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamwarner42 said:
" @DRDOOM28:
Yeah she should and here are a couple more: 
Amadillo 
Purple Man 
Jigsaw "
oh yeah purple man and jigsaw definatly.  way too awesome for marvel to ignore them like they do.  @Risky said:
" Found another one. Not really well known nowadays but he's extremely dangerous on a physical level. Nearly indestructible, a psionic, poisonous enough that even Wolvie can't ignore it and so experienced in melee it isn't funny anymore. Although Sabretooth is said to be Wolverine's most dangerous opponent h2h it is clearly this guy. Logan has kicked Creed's fuzzy butt countless times over the years but he has only one (I repeat ONE time since this villain appeared) victory in h2h combat against this guy. one time he even beat Shadowcat, Nightwalker and Wolverine in combat and they had to imprison him. He even trained Daken and easily bested him in combat afterwards. Who am I talking about? Simple.

Cyber
 Cyber
"
and dont forget every time he dies he just finds a new body. 
 @DRDOOM28:  glad you agree with me on most of the stuff.  hardball was in the initiative but was torn between greed and a desire to do justice.  hes in the iniative now (under survellance) and is trying to make up with komodo.  he is very powerful, having mage a giant, human-intelligent, lizard explode and killing several aliens with ease.  
i included mac not because he is least known but because people didn't give him the respect he deserved.  but i guess thats not what this thread is for, so sorry.   
i notice you didnt mention miracle man  any reason??
anyway, thought of someone else:

Mister X.  the writers should stop with the PIS and/or ignoring him and just make this guy (who can predict every move before you and is excellent at sword fighting) be the dominating badboy he is. 
 Mister X.  the writers should stop with the PIS and/or ignoring him and just make this guy (who can predict every move before you and is excellent at sword fighting) be the dominating badboy he is. 
XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By XRiskyX
@Violet-Eyed Dragon:  I thought about Mr. X as well but I don't know since he was on Norman's Thunderbolts. Maybe he doesn't count as obscure now but I would like to see him getting some more spotlight, too.
adamwarner42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By adamwarner42
adamwarner42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By adamwarner42

Oh almost forgot this guy 

Impossible Man

DRDOOM28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DRDOOM28
@Risky: Amazing this guy isn't more prevalent than he is. 
@ComicCrazy:
  Classic case of awesome power, but not the will or ambition to use it. 
 @Sexy Merc:
  I'm a fan of Mr. Sorrow as well.  He's just one good story arc away from making the big leagues. 
@Violet-Eyed Dragon:  No problem man, and I agree that Mac's not given the respect he deserves.  This thread is more for the less famous bad guys of the DC and Marvel universe though.  Do you mean Kid Miracleman?  And yes, Mister X definitely applies. 
@adamwarner42:  Isn't Atlas reformed now?  While I know murder is wrong, all the Scourge has really done is killed criminals, or has he been given a revamp?  I haven't read anything recent lately.  Nitro, the man that caused the Civil War, definitely an underrated bad guy.
Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#41  Edited By Dracade102

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Video_Martian

The Rogues.  ALL OF THEM.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Blacksmith's Rogues
Blacksmith's Rogues

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
BEST.  SUPERVILLAINS.  EVER.
DRDOOM28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DRDOOM28
@adamwarner42:  I'd have to agree about Tiger Shark, but the rest I'm not entirely sure about.  The U-Foes are relatively well known, but perhaps aren't given the kind of attention they deserve.  Baron Mordo is one of Dr. Strange's major enemies, I don't know if I'd call him obscure, I'd have to think about that one.  And Impossible Man is more of a nuisance than a villain, a less malevolent version of Mr. Myx...oh screw it I can't remember his name. :)
adamwarner42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By adamwarner42
@DRDOOM28 said:
@adamwarner42:  Isn't Atlas reformed now?  While I know murder is wrong, all the Scourge has really done is killed criminals, or has he been given a revamp?  I haven't read anything recent lately.  Nitro, the man that caused the Civil War, definitely an underrated bad guy.
"
I put them all up there because they weren't A-listers , Atlas is reformed but I thought you meant anybody that was a villian at one time, and I guess your right on Scourge
Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Video_Martian
@DRDOOM28 said:
" @adamwarner42:  I'd have to agree about Tiger Shark, but the rest I'm not entirely sure about.  The U-Foes are relatively well known, but perhaps aren't given the kind of attention they deserve.  Baron Mordo is one of Dr. Strange's major enemies, I don't know if I'd call him obscure, I'd have to think about that one.  And Impossible Man is more of a nuisance than a villain, a less malevolent version of Mr. Myx...oh screw it I can't remember his name. :) "
THE ROGUES are obscure =/
DRDOOM28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DRDOOM28
@adamwarner42: I should have been more clear about parameters, but that's okay, no worries. 
@mr.obvious: This is more difficult for more as I'm not really a Flash fan but I know how prominent these guys are in his title.  IGN put both Mirror Master and Captain Cold in their top 100 villain list.  The members of Blacksmith's group may be more in line with the obscure, but deadly motif, but I don't know.   Could you explain a bit for me, please? 
@Dracade102:   Dr. Sivana is definitely someone who deserves more exposure.  I have no clue who the third guy is though.  

A few choices of my own, thoughts?:  Xemnu, Urthona, Olivier, Madman, Invisible Destroyer, Massacre, 2nd Atomic Skull
Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#47  Edited By Dracade102
@DRDOOM28:
That's "Rainbow Man"... His thing is light manipulation.
adamwarner42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By adamwarner42

Mr. Hyde He can lift 70+ tons (thats alot in Marvel) and barely gets mentioned 

Also make that list! I can't think of anymore and I want to see some of what you have found
Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamwarner42:   yeah definatly mister hyde.  
also:

Living Laser. Fastest non-cosmic in the MU.  also, he can shoot lasers.  this guy could take down spider-man if he wanted to no problem. 
Living Laser. Fastest non-cosmic in the MU.  also, he can shoot lasers.  this guy could take down spider-man if he wanted to no problem. 
Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Risky said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon:  I thought about Mr. X as well but I don't know since he was on Norman's Thunderbolts. Maybe he doesn't count as obscure now but I would like to see him getting some more spotlight, too. "
he is obscure.  he wasnt on it very long and he has since vanished from comics.  @adamwarner42 said:
"
Tiger Shark  
Ironclad 
Vector 
X-ray 
Baron Mordo  Couple more "
i don't think the u-foes count as obscure they started siege and were the primary villains in Avengers: The Initiative's final story arc.  
but i agree on tiger shark.  im pissed they made him some dumby deadpool fights.