deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

@deadpool said:

@shiryu said:

@deadpool: Wow. I wasn't expecting anyone to actually care about what I posted. Thanks. I guess I can see why Obito went crazy, but I just feel that he just fits the same tortured soul mold of just about every villain in Naruto. Think about it:

1. Orochimaru (orphaned at an early age)

2. Kabuto (doesn't even know who his biological parents are; something happened to his adoptive mother but I forgot what exactly that was)

3. Nagato (orphaned at an early age; lost his best friend Yahiko; noticing a trend?)

4. Sasuke (do I even have to bother?)

Hell, even Madara has a tragic backstory (all of his brothers died during one of the great shinobi wars, and he couldn't even protect Izuna.) I just hoped we Naruto fans would finally get that one irredeemable villain that goes against everything Naruto stands for, but when it finally seems we got that, the villain turns out to be almost a palette swap of Naruto who unfortunately enjoyed a less fortunate childhood/adolescence. I'm very disappointed and I might just end up sticking solely to One Piece as far as manga is concerned. Maybe a few light novels too, but after Naruto ends I'm pretty much finished with manga.

The least Kishi can do is write a little epilogue into the final chapter. I'd be happy with that, I think.

You're absolutely correct. The Narutoverse isn't a place of black & white, and the antagonists are just that because their ideals and goals conflict with Naruto's. Even of the Akatsuki, they were mostly just rogue ninjas that got screwed over by their respective villages, and they mostly weren't any more evil than someone like Kakashi. They are ninjas, they are largely morally ambiguous and they fight, steal, spy, and kill for money.

Even then, Naruto's views and goals are unrealistic and could only exist in a fictional world, and his views of a ninja that he desperately clings to is that of a superhero. What's weird is that he rejects Obito's passive and guaranteed way of bringing peace into the world and instead embraces his way of changing the world is through fascism, beating up anyone that disagrees with him, and somehow might makes right. The stronger he gets, the more people change to his beliefs. Hell, there's only a war right now in the series because nobody wants what Obito's selling, ironically showing how much they don't want peace.

The only real villains, to me, have been Madara, Nagato and Orochimaru.

That's actually pretty funny when you put it that way. If a villain doesn't conform to Naruto's way of thinking, he pulverizes them until they do. I was hoping that Naruto would become a more mature character in part II, but he's more like, "To hell with understanding anyone else's point of view! I'll solve problems with my fists!"

However, I was thinking; if Obito were to succeed with the Moon's Eye Plan, wouldn't that mean at any given time he could decimate everyone as a result of his feeling like it? I mean, all that power would be bound to go to his head at some point. He may have even tried to restart civilization or something by using some yet-unknown power of the Sage of Six Paths (I'm sure he has plenty of abilities that Kishimoto is coming up with as he goes along.) So, in that regard, perhaps Naruto is justified in being opposed to Obito's idea of peace. Just a possibility, though.

As far as the villains, I really was hoping that Orochimaru would get a power boost to compete with some of the more powerful antagonists, but now I see a power boost would ruin the character and put him into psuedo-DBZ territory, which seems to be where the manga is headed.

All I can say is that I really hope the Naruto vs. Madara fight doesn't end the way I think it will. Right now, I'm picturing a final Rasengan/Chidori attack on Madara, followed by a speech about friendship being the ultimate source of power on Naruto's behalf.

The further this manga goes on, the more I realize that Jiraiya was the best thing to ever happen to this story.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@shiryu said:

@deadpool said:

@shiryu said:

@deadpool: Wow. I wasn't expecting anyone to actually care about what I posted. Thanks. I guess I can see why Obito went crazy, but I just feel that he just fits the same tortured soul mold of just about every villain in Naruto. Think about it:

1. Orochimaru (orphaned at an early age)

2. Kabuto (doesn't even know who his biological parents are; something happened to his adoptive mother but I forgot what exactly that was)

3. Nagato (orphaned at an early age; lost his best friend Yahiko; noticing a trend?)

4. Sasuke (do I even have to bother?)

Hell, even Madara has a tragic backstory (all of his brothers died during one of the great shinobi wars, and he couldn't even protect Izuna.) I just hoped we Naruto fans would finally get that one irredeemable villain that goes against everything Naruto stands for, but when it finally seems we got that, the villain turns out to be almost a palette swap of Naruto who unfortunately enjoyed a less fortunate childhood/adolescence. I'm very disappointed and I might just end up sticking solely to One Piece as far as manga is concerned. Maybe a few light novels too, but after Naruto ends I'm pretty much finished with manga.

The least Kishi can do is write a little epilogue into the final chapter. I'd be happy with that, I think.

You're absolutely correct. The Narutoverse isn't a place of black & white, and the antagonists are just that because their ideals and goals conflict with Naruto's. Even of the Akatsuki, they were mostly just rogue ninjas that got screwed over by their respective villages, and they mostly weren't any more evil than someone like Kakashi. They are ninjas, they are largely morally ambiguous and they fight, steal, spy, and kill for money.

Even then, Naruto's views and goals are unrealistic and could only exist in a fictional world, and his views of a ninja that he desperately clings to is that of a superhero. What's weird is that he rejects Obito's passive and guaranteed way of bringing peace into the world and instead embraces his way of changing the world is through fascism, beating up anyone that disagrees with him, and somehow might makes right. The stronger he gets, the more people change to his beliefs. Hell, there's only a war right now in the series because nobody wants what Obito's selling, ironically showing how much they don't want peace.

The only real villains, to me, have been Madara, Nagato and Orochimaru.

That's actually pretty funny when you put it that way. If a villain doesn't conform to Naruto's way of thinking, he pulverizes them until they do. I was hoping that Naruto would become a more mature character in part II, but he's more like, "To hell with understanding anyone else's point of view! I'll solve problems with my fists!"

However, I was thinking; if Obito were to succeed with the Moon's Eye Plan, wouldn't that mean at any given time he could decimate everyone as a result of his feeling like it? I mean, all that power would be bound to go to his head at some point. He may have even tried to restart civilization or something by using some yet-unknown power of the Sage of Six Paths (I'm sure he has plenty of abilities that Kishimoto is coming up with as he goes along.) So, in that regard, perhaps Naruto is justified in being opposed to Obito's idea of peace. Just a possibility, though.

As far as the villains, I really was hoping that Orochimaru would get a power boost to compete with some of the more powerful antagonists, but now I see a power boost would ruin the character and put him into psuedo-DBZ territory, which seems to be where the manga is headed.

All I can say is that I really hope the Naruto vs. Madara fight doesn't end the way I think it will. Right now, I'm picturing a final Rasengan/Chidori attack on Madara, followed by a speech about friendship being the ultimate source of power on Naruto's behalf.

The further this manga goes on, the more I realize that Jiraiya was the best thing to ever happen to this story.

Naruto seems to use comparative reasoning, he's all like "I went through hard stuff in my life just like you, and I didn't let it change me." And everyone's like "You're a perfect person, maybe I should be more like you." It happened with Neji, Gaara, Nagato, etc. But yeah, he has to hit them quite a few times really hard in the head before they start to think like that, lmao.

Obito was buying what he was selling, he wanted to complete the Moon's Eye Plan and be under it's spell with everyone else, so I don't think he'd be able to do anything... Madara on the otherhand, he's bloodthirsty, he lives for battle, and I don't trust him to be in control of the jutsu at all. Naruto and the others oppose Obito's use of the Moon's Eye Plan because they thinks it's a false peace created through a lie, but Obito argues it's peace none the less and is actually obtainable. He has a point, there are always going to be people like Madara and Orochimaru popping up and making trouble, and life is one big competition; for one to prosper another must suffer, and people always want more than their fair share. In order to end wars you pretty much need to eliminate the need for wars, and the only real way to do that is to change people. That's the flaw in capitalism, it encourages greed and betrayal. But alternatively, things like communism fail because no one wants to work harder for others to reap the benefits.

The manga has hit DBZ levels a long time ago. But honestly, Orochimaru is far more powerful than people realize, the problem is that we've never seen Orochimaru's true power. In pt.1 when he was at full strength, he was toying with Genin, Jonin like Kakashi, and the elderly Hiruzen whom even in his weakened state was still considered the strongest of the Gokage (Ei, Onoki, Yagura, Gaara Sr.). Ever since then Orochimaru's spiritual arms were sealed and he couldn't use ninjutsu, he could only use his summons and body modifications, and even then Orochimaru was able to toy with Four-Tailed Kyuubi Naruto and Sasuke admitted inferiority to him. But now Orochimaru's back, has his soul arms back, and has been deemed a threat to EMS Sasuke. Hell, Orochimaru was Jiraiya's rival, and Jiraiya possessed the capability of defeating Nagato. The Sannin are monsters.

Madara is probably irredeemable, and Naruto will definitely need help from everyone especially since he might end up being more powerful than Obito.

Jiraiya was one of the best parts of the manga, and is really what got me into it to begin with.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Davis Motomiya from Digimon Adventure 2. Even as a kid back in 200, I knew Davis sucked. He was always picking an argument with TK for a girl that didn't even acknowledge his affections. Again, always trying to one up TK, especially early in the season, which he had no right to do since TK was one of the original Digidestined and knew far more about the Digiworld than him. Even Matt and Kari had to once tell him to unfu** himself. And what's worse, his idiocy was usually rewarded.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Chibi_cute
Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Any character from Naturo, because screw that show.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man... all of those Bleach characters that were only imagined to have a cool entrance (and maybe a couple of two cool scenes) and had no real purpose ... or maybe just a cool power with nothing to contribute to the plot (here's looking at you Chad). In Bleach that constitutes like 80% of the cast.

Sasuke Uchiha post-Orochimaru. It looked like the author had an idea for that character as well, but he actually roams about changing his opinion on a whim. Disappointing.
Also from Naruto, the infinite number of secondary characters we got with the recent story arcs... they are coming to be closer and closer to Bleach's little figurines displayed to be cool once and then thrown away.

Almost all characters post-Freezer in DBZ are Goku, Vegeta or Gohan spin-offs. So I have no spot in my heart for Trunks, Goten and the various fusions.

So this was mainly a list of uninteresting characters more than characters I hate... but the thing is, the characters I hate make me passionate about the story, so they are good in that story.

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

Sauske. Talk about a character who is sympathetic yet completely unlikable and whinny.

Android 17 and 18. They're just arrogant cyborgs with annoying personalities. If it weren't for the inclusion of Imperfect Cell I would have stopped watching DBZ. I really think that the Android saga is kind of disposable, Its only redeemable for the Cell Saga.

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

@squares said:

Any character from Naturo, because screw that show.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for darkcomicmaster
darkcomicmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: yeah he was but the way he done it was just evil and that episode made me and most one piece fans cry so Akainu is my most hated character of all time