League of Losers Villain Profiles - Sledge

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Edited By ImpurestCheese

Hi guys as almost everyone will know I get bored quite easily, that and my curiosity will one day kill me. However it won't be today. While reading about the Syria Crisis I decided to have a look at the line-up for the G20 (The richest nineteen nations in the world + the European Union) just to see who the big hitters are in the world (finance wise).

This got me thinking, have Marvel and DC covered the entire list of countries and given them all Heros? It's a fair bet that villains have come out of most of the nations but there were entire nations where I couldn't think of a hero representative. In the end I decided to use the wiki function of Comic Vine to see if there were indeed representatives for all nineteen countries. The results were interesting to say the least so I decided to share them with you guys. If you can think of any heros to fit in the blank spaces then by all means tell me.

Argentina - From DC I chose El Gaucho. Marvel was a lot harder but in the end Black Tarantula got the slot. (Many people may disagree with me here but I am sticking by my guns here.)

Australia - Originally I thought of Eden Fesi from Marvel but couldn't remember his name so I went for Gateway instead. From DC I chose the Tasmanian Devil, I'm just hoping I was right in thinking he is a Hero

Brazil - From DC it could only be Fire. From Marvel I chose the dear departed Captain Fossa (A bit of a strange name since Fossa are found in Madagascar)

Canada - Plenty of Alpha Flight members but decided upon Snowbird as a singular representative. Centrix from DC was a bit trickier to find a person but eventually discovered

China - Easy choice from both titles with Collective Man and Shauolin Robot as hero representatives

France - Thanks to Centrix I had found an international group of DC heros and the Musketeer fits the bill just right. Oh and Peregrine is the Marvel choice

Germany- Erm ask later. No heros found. (Might decide to right this wrong with some writing)

India - Indra from Marvel and Celsius from DC; both were difficult to findI

Indonesia - Cascade from DC was easy to find. Komodo was a right b!+(h; I didn't even know she came from Indonesia…

Italy - The Legionary despite being a deceased fat slob was a DC hero. From Marvel I chose Victoria Montesi but like some of the others it may be a long shot to call her a hero

Japan - Sunfire was too easy to find but then Marvel seems to like Japan. DC's Bashido was a little more difficult but not by much

Mexico- Blue Beetle is Mexican?! From Marvel chose Rictor because there was no other choice

Ruissa - Air Strike/Rocket Red. Personally I think they are the same person but that is just me. Wait…Black Widow is Russian damm it I forgot about her

Saudi Arabia - The Arabian Knight is simply screaming to be chosen here. Alas he has to shout alone I couldn't find anyone from DC who came from this country

South Africa - Freedom Beast is another person who worked with Centrix. For Marvel I chose Maggott but don't expect me to be happy about that choice

South Korea - I'm even less happy here with the Marvel Choice. At least DC has Mystek (Not much of a hero but she qualifies in the end). That Marvel choice is the amazing…nobody

Turkey - Flying Carpet from the Super Heros of Europe represents Marvel. As stereotypical as it seems at least they have an entry DC have no Turkish heros at the moment

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - Union Jack is the Marvel choice, Shining Knight was the DC member if just because I know the character and didn't have to read a long bio to see if he was a hero

United States of America - Too many to chose from. Out of spite I'm choosing Songbird for Marvel and Huntress for DC. In your face Batman and Captain America.

So that's the list. The only question is why has Germany not got any super heros? Whatever the reason at least we now know that's the case. I am open to more ideas of what to investigate next and what to do with this list so just leave a comment below and I'll see what I can do.

Hope you Enjoyed

Impurest Cheese