Late To The Party..... The Statue Party That Is

Mr_Colossus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I have been a comic fan for quite some time now, but one part of the world that I have not dove into yet has been the Statue arena. The time has come to where I am interested in investing some hard earn money into getting a really cool statue. Who knew it was going to be so hard and so expensive. It just so happens that two of my favorite characters are not the easiest to find. With that being said I will admit that I am a bit particular. If I'm going to end up spending triple digits on one I must really like it and would want it out where all can see. Because of this I have leaned more towards the Sideshow and Kotobukiya brands. Of course they are not the cheapest of the bunch but their size and details have grabbed my attention. I have been looking for a Angel / Archangel or a Colossus statue for some time now, but have yet been able to really find one for less than $300 - $400. Which I am not against paying that much for them it is just hard to really settle on one and take a shot. I've basically been looking at Marvel characters as my first item and could expand to DC, but most of my favorites are from the Marvel world. I guess I have a few questions for any of the Viners that may run across this topic:

1.) Any advice for someone who is new to the world of Statues.

2.) Any particular site that you have found that has good selection. (Other than Amazon, ebay ect.)

3.) Personal preference as to which company tend to have the best. Whether it be Sideshow or Kotobukiya or maybe one of the other companies like Bowen or Diamond.

4.) Is one companies product better made than the rest? Materials are high quality, made well, ect.

5.) Any other sites that are good about keeping buyers informed about new Statues? Besides signing up to the newsletters from the companies websites.

Any and all information is gladly accepted. I'm just trying to work my way into a different part of the comic book world and it is pretty daunting. Thanks for any and all information.