Posted by Strider92 (18005 posts) - - Show Bio

The comic based on Dan Luvisi's "Killbook Of A Bounty Hunter" has taken a leap forward with panels from the series and some promotional art being posted from Luvisi himself:

The whole series is written and illustrated by Luvisi and will be printed by Dark Horse and titled "Last Man Standing: Welcome To Amerika". Having been an avid followed of this project since it began a few years ago its great to see that this is indeed progressing into a comic series and with art like this to accompany it I can't wait to see what Luvisi has in store for us! Yet another indie series stealing my money *shakes fist*

Anyhow what are you're thoughts on the series? Will you be buying it when it comes out next year?

#1 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8195 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was a videogame >.>.

I'll try it

#2 Posted by Strider92 (18005 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecheesestabber: Nope its a comic series :). Some of the art did make it look kinda CGI-like though so I can see why the connection was made.

#3 Posted by IrishX (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: When it comes out next year? I just waited over a year and a half for the reprint of Killbook to be released. I think I'll keep my expectations of another book being released anytime soon pretty low. I'll definitely get it whenever it does get released though.

#4 Posted by Strider92 (18005 posts) - - Show Bio

@irishx: To be fair that was because a publisher couldn't be found. Now its being produced by Dark Horse. Which is quite a big difference. Trying to go it alone because you can't find a publisher is bound to be tough and time consuming. Now that Dark Horse has the rights it shouldn't be anywhere near as long.

#5 Edited by Vance Astro (89534 posts) - - Show Bio

It's about time!

Moderator Online
#6 Edited by IrishX (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: Yeah, well I guess we will see. I pre-ordered a copy of the re-print in May of '12 and I'm still waiting for it and Luvisi has not been good at updating the people who did that either. I did talk to him on the phone over the summer and he said it would finally be out in Nov. so that worked out. I got a second copy from Amazon already despite having the other one coming. I just waited a year for a new Goon comic which is produced by Dark Horse as well. I don't know how long I've waited for another comic from the Lady Mechanika series if that ever happens. Sometimes the artists themselves are what cause the delay ya know.

#7 Edited by Pokergeist (23180 posts) - - Show Bio

@irishx: To be fair that was because a publisher couldn't be found. Now its being produced by Dark Horse. Which is quite a big difference. Trying to go it alone because you can't find a publisher is bound to be tough and time consuming. Now that Dark Horse has the rights it shouldn't be anywhere near as long.

So there was a book before this series? It looks awesome.

#8 Edited by Strider92 (18005 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Its not a book per-say. Its called Killbook Of A Bounty Hunter. you can buy it here from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Last-Man-Standing-Killbook-Bounty/dp/1616552409/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385750912&sr=8-1&keywords=killbook+of+a+bounty+hunter

Its a diary written by Gabriel (the bad-ass guy in the black suit) about the universe he lives in, his enemies, allies etc... Its kind of a handbook for the universe that sets up the scene for this comic series. The art is gorgeous though! Plus the main bad guy kicks ass. The dude takes headshots for tuh lolz!:

#9 Posted by Aeron_Glyndwr (1356 posts) - - Show Bio

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody bought me the book for Christmas, I can't wait to crack it open in a little less than a month. Been using a Luvisi av on my main for a bit, and he's been one of my absolute favorite artists for a LONG time now.

This is amazing news.

#10 Edited by Strider92 (18005 posts) - - Show Bio