Lanterns Vs.....anyone?

GLforHIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok this might be off base but I was just thinking, a lanterns ring is one of the strongest if not strongest weapon in the dc universe. But in both the battles of the week, the lanterns lost against ppl who are pretty much brute strength fighters. (see: Arkillo vs Hulk and Sinestero vs Wonder Woman).

Now both those charaters are upper teir strength but pretty limited versatility wise yet still won their vote battles. Arkillo is kind of a brute himself so i could someone understand that loss although it still comes off as popularity since hulk is one dimensional (he cant even fly, his power is being really strong and punching stuff) but sinerstro is actually a pretty high end strategist, has no problems killing or fighting dirty AND has the ring.

So in short i'm asking, generally what would it take to put someone on the level to beat a high end lantern? sheer strength?

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Ok this might be off base but I was just thinking, a lanterns ring is one of the strongest if not strongest weapon in the dc universe. But in both the battles of the week, the lanterns lost against ppl who are pretty much brute strength fighters. (see: Arkillo vs Hulk and Sinestero vs Wonder Woman).

Now both those charaters are upper teir strength but pretty limited versatility wise yet still won their vote battles. Arkillo is kind of a brute himself so i could someone understand that loss although it still comes off as popularity since hulk is one dimensional (he cant even fly, his power is being really strong and punching stuff) but sinerstro is actually a pretty high end strategist, has no problems killing or fighting dirty AND has the ring.

So in short i'm asking, generally what would it take to put someone on the level to beat a high end lantern? sheer strength?

Not sure what you mean is it seems you're answering your own question. People obviously think Hulk and WW can.

I still contend voters were wrong about Arkillo vs Hulk. Arkillo would beat him, it's just Hulk is more popular and not that many people know Arkillo.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@glforhire: yea man its all popoularity tho i think ww and a lantern would be equal

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

If someone has enough strength to shatter constructs they will most likely win.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

It all depends on how the lantern is motivated.

Hal Jordan is a great example. He is perhaps the greatest Green Lantern ever to wear the emerald ring.

However, whether or not he defeats an opponent depends on what the threat is and what the stakes are. Take his battles with Krona, Parallax and Nekron for example - adversaries he has prevailed against, all of whom have greater feats than characters that have "defeated" Hal - or at least caused great grievances against.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GLforHIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GLforHIRE

@extremis:

No I actually disagree with the outcome. Like you I think arkillo would mop the hulk considering the hulk is a super strong brute with a healing factor and arkillo is a slightly less strong brute with the strongest weapon in the universe lol once the fight is off the ground it should be a easy win. The point of my question was so many other viners disagreed and picked hulk and wonder woman as if the lanterns are easy to defeat so i was just curious.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@glforhire: You be crazy for thinking WW is limited in diversity. But the Arkillo one I voted for Sinestro.

I'm not actually sure would beats the lanterns constructs

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

@glforhire said:

Not sure what you mean is it seems you're answering your own question. People obviously think Hulk and WW can.

I still contend voters were wrong about Arkillo vs Hulk. Arkillo would beat him, it's just Hulk is more popular and not that many people know Arkillo.

Rare moment here, but I second this.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

lanterns get no respect on the vine. mainly because writers let something break their contructs every week

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW, superman etc have broken contructs many times