lack of newwho fans respecting or ecknowleging classic who.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Why is there a lack of people who started watching the new series, but refuse to admit or at least try the classic doctors. I find it funny that you will see people talking about the 50th anniversary and when asked to rank best to worst for all the doctors they only act like 9,10,11 ever happend. I mean ya most people can't sit through all the serials and all the padding, but when I see someone say that to a true fan 9,10 and 11 are not just numbers I die a little. And before anyone says that I am a classic fan that can't get over it and that it hate new who I need to say that I did not start till a few years ago and I watched a ton of new who before classic who. Though once I started on classic who I fell in love and can't stand a lot of modern who elements. Another thing is that I was born long after doctor who was off the air waves. But back to the topic. It's just why do so many fans ignore the classics after all there would be no modern who without them. Plus do people just forget that numbers don't go 0,9,10,11. Oh and so many people will never catch up or even get to number 2 as they start with 1 and complain that classic fans are idiots and that they can't find most if the 1st 2 doctors episodes. That always makes me facepalm. But ya a lot of people only watch the classic area cause they think it will be like 10 the entire time and then they complain about pacing and the fact that the other doctors are to old or not attractive. So why do so many people refuse to accept that the classic area is amazing we don't need the doctor snogging everything that he sees and don't get me started on rose or how overrated 10 is. But why can't people see that you don't need that stuff or big effects and action or a doctor that kills way to much ( yet Colin's doctor killed to much so he can't be defended.) but instead that people can like an adventure through time and space where you can just stand in awe of this world but still tell a fantastic story.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Well to be fair many new Whovians got into Doctor Who because of the relaunched series, therefore when you ask who their favorite Doctor is it will most likely be either Nine, Ten, or Eleven. But that's not saying they hate the older Doctors or deny they exist, they simply started with the more recent Doctors and thus are their favorites because those were THEIR Doctor.

I for example started watching the series with the Eleventh Doctor, but I've gone back and watched all of Nine and Ten's run. But to this day Eleven is still my favorite, not because I hate Nine or Ten but simply because Matt Smith was my Doctor. I will admit that I have never seen any of the classic Doctor Who episodes prior to the relaunch, but that does not mean I hate those episodes nor does it mean I deny they exist. I actually love when they give nods to the older episodes in newer ones, having The Doctor refer to his previous incarnations and adventures.

I think it really just comes down to which Doctor fans were introduced to first, and for a lot of the newer fans that's most likely Nine, Ten, or Eleven. I don't think a lot of the fans deny that the classic episodes are amazing nor disrespect the older Doctors, it just all comes down to which era of the show they were first introduced to first. At the end of the day though, whether you're a new fan of Doctor Who or an older one, we're all Whovians who love that old mad man with a box.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

You whine more than 10.

ColonelRunAway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am actually watching the old series, I'm at the second doctor, season 6. The narrative is pretty dated and repetitive, but that's to be expected. Still, it's fun watching the first appearances of Daleks, Cyberman and other stuff.

Also I love the different versions so far and what each actor brought to the role.

I hope I keep enjoying the original doctors more and more while I proceed to more modern stories.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: ya I know about the people who don't hate the classic doctors but there is a lot of people who make fun of the classics saying why is he not like 10. Mainly it's that some people act like they never happend, at least your showing respect.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innervenom123: I am not whining I am saying that respect is important plus ya ten can't stop complaining but fans then say the old doctors don't act like him. People don't respect that they are different characters and that people like classic who. It's like a kid saying that the old transformers stuff are stupid and that bays the only version that exists acting like stuff never happend. It really is just that hard work went into that stuff and people act like all they did was lead to the modern series, actors legacys being treated like they are a stand in. Look at how the 50th anniversary was more like the almost 10 year anniversary of new who and had no classic doctors but a cameo from future 4th looking doctor. If you love the doctor and want to celebrate 50 years don't focus on how great 10 was.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@redleader1: Well sorry to break it to you, but as long as the internet exist there will always be people who hate something about Doctor Who. Whether it's the classic episodes or the new ones, or the new Doctor, or someone complaining about Moffat for the 9000th time. At the end of the day you just have to roll with it. I know, it's annoying, but it's just how the world works sadly.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

i got on dr who with # 9 , but me and my friend have watched and continue to watch the classic doctors (currently on # 4) , with a show about time travel does it really matter what order you watch the series :p

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: your right I am just pissed that actors hard work gets treated badly.

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By VoodooPenguin
redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@voodoopenguin: well I guess it's bad to be angry that people's hard work is treated like nothing by supposed fans. If you legacy was treated like it was just a thing that led to modern who then you would be angry. Plus why is it so hard for people to respect that the classic doctors have different styles and pacing. I don't hate modern who or most fans just want acknowledgment for other people's work.

roboadmiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By roboadmiral

People do not have to earn the right to be fans of things. To enjoy current Spider-Man comics a person is not required to go back and read everything between Stan Lee's day and now. Fandom is built on enthusiasm and there is nothing that stifles enthusiasm for a thing more than the elitism of its fans. Choosing not to watch older Doctor Who is not an insult to it but a matter of taste.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rogueshadow  Moderator
redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By redleader1

@roboadmiral: I did not say to watch classic who i said that the people with no respect for fans of classic who are rude. Not everyone is like that but a lot of people are mad cause writers don't have it be rebooted so their doctor is the only one or that they don't accept that the classic doctors existed and that not everyone likes the new doctors the most.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Nine4Lyfe

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By redleader1

@joygirl: he is so underrated. Chris worked so hard.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Chaos Prime

For me the 4th Doctor Tom Baker will always be my first choice but Matt Smith Dr 11 is a close second.

Loading Video...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_stegman  Moderator

50 years of programming can be...daunting to watch. I've just started the series and I doubt I'll be watching the old stuff any time soon.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'My' doctor was Sylvester McCoy. I was very little but I remember it being fun. I watched Doctors 7-11, but I kinda dropped off with Matt Smith, I just found him less entertaining than Tennant. Eccleston was the best one from what I've seen.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

I like all who, new and old. Both have there good and bad points.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I don't mean watch all of classic who I mean that many people don't even accept that the classic doctors exist and that people like them.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 the_stegman  Moderator
redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: quite a few new who fans and many other people saying that doctor who is about this guy who has changed 3 times. Also people just overal act like they only are something that led to the modern series which is offensive do to all the work put into the classic episodes. They are treated like just something that exists but no one cares about look at the medias treatment sometimes.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I started with the new series when it first aired, dropped off a few episodes after Matt Smith started, and recently jumped back on for the 50th and onwards. I always did want to watch the older series when I first became a fan but never got around to it until very recently after I watched the 50th and got back into Who again.

I've started from the very beginning and am working my way through, I think I'm up to the Web Planet now. So far some episodes have been a bit too padded but overall there have been some episodes that I really liked (like The Aztecs and The Sensorites, off the top of my head). I'm not a hater of 'old' things so black-and-white or more serial storytelling doesn't bother me at all and despite some pacing problems with some stories I think the characterisation in the show is still good and I'm enjoying William Hartnell as the Doctor. Couldn't stand Susan though.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardishy: yea she was so loud and drowned Williams voice down in a lot if scenes. Remember that you can skip around a bit because once you get to Adric it's painful.

Avatar image for dragonescarlata
dragonescarlata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This, all of it:

Well to be fair many new Whovians got into Doctor Who because of the relaunched series, therefore when you ask who their favorite Doctor is it will most likely be either Nine, Ten, or Eleven. But that's not saying they hate the older Doctors or deny they exist, they simply started with the more recent Doctors and thus are their favorites because those were THEIR Doctor.

I for example started watching the series with the Eleventh Doctor, but I've gone back and watched all of Nine and Ten's run. But to this day Eleven is still my favorite, not because I hate Nine or Ten but simply because Matt Smith was my Doctor. I will admit that I have never seen any of the classic Doctor Who episodes prior to the relaunch, but that does not mean I hate those episodes nor does it mean I deny they exist. I actually love when they give nods to the older episodes in newer ones, having The Doctor refer to his previous incarnations and adventures.

I think it really just comes down to which Doctor fans were introduced to first, and for a lot of the newer fans that's most likely Nine, Ten, or Eleven. I don't think a lot of the fans deny that the classic episodes are amazing nor disrespect the older Doctors, it just all comes down to which era of the show they were first introduced to first. At the end of the day though, whether you're a new fan of Doctor Who or an older one, we're all Whovians who love that old mad man with a box.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonescarlata: I wish all doctor who fans could act like this but sadly some people are the opposite. And it's not just new who fans a lot of people who grew up with Tom baker refuse the new series.