#1 Posted by TheComicPro (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone else think that Krillin , Vegeta and Piccolo need a big power boost and need to become realvent in DBZ agian especially Vegeta the only moment he got was when he beat android 19.

#2 Edited by Wolfrazer (6352 posts) - - Show Bio

All the humans do, not just them. Vegeta is fine, that guy is training 24/7 he just needs to not be stupid with underestimating his opponents or w/e. Piccolo...I wouldn't say so...not really cause he is more a thinker with fighting rather then just having a boost in PL, so expanding on that for him would be good. But he could get another power up I guess.

But Tien, Yamcha, and Krillin need to become more relavent me thinks. Otherwise why are they even around in the first place? It's not like they can't at least learn Kaio-Ken to help them out. They should be strong enough for that at the very least.

Make them as they were in Dragonball, they were good enough to be relavent and have some fights in that series...do so again in Z when it comes back with more episodes(if it does.../shrug)

#3 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio
  • I'd like Piccolo to be at least as strong as Super Perfect Cell.
  • Vegeta? He needs to be SSJ3 at some point. Like, in canon. Assuming these 200 more episodes of DBZ are coming out at some point from Toriyama like I've heard.
  • The human characters all trained at King Kai's before - I don't know why they don't have the Kaioken like @wolfrazer said. I need to see that the human characters - especially Tien - are at least as strong as Frieza.
#4 Posted by Experio (15100 posts) - - Show Bio

Vegeta - should be SSJ3

Piccolo - around SSJ2 level of power

Krillin - SSJ1 level

#5 Posted by danhimself (22443 posts) - - Show Bio

@experio said:

Vegeta - should be SSJ3

Piccolo - around SSJ2 level of power

Krillin - SSJ1 level

I'd be ok with this but at the same time I feel like even SSJ1 is pretty much useless at this point

#6 Posted by Experio (15100 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Maybe, but its an accomplishment for a human to ascend to a Saiyans level of power, even if its the first step.

#7 Posted by MetalJimmor (940 posts) - - Show Bio

The entire supporting cast needs a power up, especially now that Goku has gotten ANOTHER new transformation.

Frankly I'm tired of it. I was perfectly happy with SSJ1. SSJ2, alright fine. SSJ3... Getting a little stale guys, maybe we need a new shtick for power growth? Screw that, SSJ4. Then they turn around and retcon SSJ4 out of existence just to add... Another SSJ4. Honestly SSJ 3 was a complete waste of time. It was revealed and then overwhelmed by the series antagonist in the same saga. What was even the point of SSJ3 if they were going to introduce fusions and have those be the new super immense power increase?

All these saiyan transformations have made it so no one who isn't a saiyan can even be relevant to the series. Cell Saga was the last time the human characters could even postpone the big bad for a short time, and Tien died just to hold Cell down. By the Buu saga the humans were completely cannon fodder, and even Piccolo was downgraded to babysitter for Goten and Trunks.

Even the half-saiyans are starting to fade into the background. Buu Saga was suppose to be the story of Gohan finally taking on the mantle of the Earth's protector with Goku gone, but Toriyama himself wasn't able to stop Goku from coming back and saving the world.

With the new Battle of the Gods movie and the Super Saiyan God form I can only imagine how woefully inconsequential my favorite characters are going to become.

#8 Edited by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by StormShadow_X (1603 posts) - - Show Bio

Tien is at least first form frieza level. Krillin and Yamcha getting a major power boost would feel so forced. If the series continues I have no doubt Vegeta will be on par with goku...until his next form. By logic Piccolo can only get so strong by training and has too fuse with namekians that are at least a certain power level so he may need a whole story arc or movie to make him stronger. I honestly believe that Vegeta and Gohan will be the only two that will get half the attention goku does.

#10 Posted by Perethorn (3281 posts) - - Show Bio

Vegeta has always been an important character for the series,took a major role since he appeared and i don't think he needs more screen time. A power boost will be cool though.

Piccolo and Krillin stopped being important after Android's Saga, i agree that they need to retake a major role in series and receive a power boost.

#11 Edited by Wolfrazer (6352 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormshadow_x said:

Tien is at least first form frieza level. Krillin and Yamcha getting a major power boost would feel so forced. If the series continues I have no doubt Vegeta will be on par with goku...until his next form. By logic Piccolo can only get so strong by training and has too fuse with namekians that are at least a certain power level so he may need a whole story arc or movie to make him stronger. I honestly believe that Vegeta and Gohan will be the only two that will get half the attention goku does.

Ehhh...you really think Tien is that high? Though Yamcha and Krillin getting a power boost would prob feel forced...however they have been seen training at times(though you can call this filler, but even so). Of course I feel like Yamcha would probably be the better one to recieve a power boost rather then Krillin.

NOW before people start biting my heads off, let me say how this could fit in.

Alright so Yamcha was doing pretty well with training up until the Androids had arrived(Kami Lookout, with King Kai), all the Z warriors trained for 3 years. So he's feeling pretty good about himself right? Then the Androids come in and his self esteem is essentially shot into the ground after nearly dying and thus he stops training and so forth(or least..compared to what he was).

Understandable right? I mean he trained for 3 years(yes he did get distracted at times with women but even so) and then he nearly dies after having his energy drained by Gero. I would think that would kill anyone's self esteem(human wise).

Then in other world during the Buu saga(yes I know...filler just bare with me alright) he is seen really pumped up, excited about fighting and so forth.....

Just like he was in the Saiyan saga, just like he was in DB. He seemed back to his old self right?

So I think Yamcha getting a boost would re-ignite the fire within him and boost his self esteem again. Really that is what killed it for Yamcha, he doubted himself and just....stopped.

Yeah sorry for the long post, but I feel it would be nice for Yamcha to get a boost moreso then Krillin(not saying Krillin can't get a boost though), because of that wall that Yamcha tries to break free from.

They could just gradually introduce the power boosts though, wouldn't have to be an instantanous thing.

#12 Posted by McHotcakes (439 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormshadow_x said:

Tien is at least first form frieza level.

Ehhh...you really think Tien is that high?

Well in Bojack Unleashed, albeit non cannon, it showed that Trunks had to turn Super Saiyan to put down Tien. I'd say Tien should be much more powerful than any form of Freiza.

#13 Posted by Fallschirmjager (16250 posts) - - Show Bio

Vegeta is too cool to be a SSJ3.

#14 Edited by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

One of my least favorite anime tropes is that the main villain almost always (conveniently) has several henchmen that the supporting characters have to fight before the main battle. Its predictable when they do it arc after arc after arc, so no I wouldn't mind if supporting characters like Tien and Krillin and main characters like Vegeta and Piccolo could more closely compete with Goku's foes, or at bare minimum help him in the fight (like what happened with Frieza).

#15 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (9960 posts) - - Show Bio

@hart7668 said:
  • I'd like Piccolo to be at least as strong as Super Perfect Cell.
  • Vegeta? He needs to be SSJ3 at some point. Like, in canon. Assuming these 200 more episodes of DBZ are coming out at some point from Toriyama like I've heard.
  • The human characters all trained at King Kai's before - I don't know why they don't have the Kaioken like @wolfrazer said. I need to see that the human characters - especially Tien - are at least as strong as Frieza.

Those are old ass rumors. He's actually been working on a new manga called Jaco the Galactic Patrolman

#16 Edited by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope DB would die already. It's been force fed into continuing since after Cell.

And I hated what they did to the SSJ1. It was hyped as the event that occurred once every thousand years (or more, I don't remember). Then Trunks is SSJ1. Well, ok, he's from the future. Then Vegeta is... I thought only pure hearted people could... oh, ok, it's some lame excuse about pure-hearted evil guy.... fine. Well, now we have our three guys who've been raised in training and war since they were kids that can achieve this amazing unattailable....

What? Gohan is SSJ1 too?! He's a freacking kid. And now everybody starts upgrading to SSJ2.

So the real thing was that to be SSJ1 you just needed to fight some and the rest of the Sayans were really lazy, I guess? It's a pity. When it first happened it was so cool to me as a kid!

#17 Posted by kyrees (4805 posts) - - Show Bio

dragonball tv series has long been cancelled. no point in hoping for character improvements because of that.

#18 Posted by TheComicPro (249 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: I think that Vegeta will become a super sayian God in the next film. And trust me I can bet that Arika Toryiama (spelling) still has one me season in mind. Just have hope

#19 Edited by Wolfrazer (6352 posts) - - Show Bio

@matteopg: I can agree on that, Z really should have just had SSJ 1 be the end transformation. It was hyped up all throughout the Namek Saga pretty much and when it finally did come around, it was a big thing. Then after it's like...."oh...well there is another transformation...oh hey look another and another!"

It would also have made the human characters more relavent, because if they could learn Kaio-Ken then they would be able to at least fight against some tough opponents if they continued to train and so forth. Kaio-Ken(to me anyway) could still be relavent even if SSJ was around.

Though I kinda have to disagree with you on Gohan, from the very start he had some hidden power/potential within him. So him reaching SSJ isn't that really breaking. The others though? Yeah I could see it being a bother...

#20 Posted by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: you make a good point about gohan, they built the concept of his potential.

#21 Posted by Hyperlight (5687 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't like the way other the humans were treated as DBZ went on. they became more and more irrelevant to the story and were just there for comic relief or filler scenes. all joes aside the humans are still some of the strongest fighters on the universe ( top 100 or so but whatever) and they are treated like fodder. The humans and namekians came up with some of best powers and training in the show. If it wasn't for roshi, no one would know the Kamehameha wave, spirit bomb, or any of the finer techniques like detecting energy. namekians were way more skilled than saiyans but they were put on the back burner as well. not cool. the humans/ picollo should be training and getting stronger too