Klarion get comics series ? REALLY ?

• 57 results
Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Do you guys upset that unknown character like Klarion will get comics series but more well known DC Characters doesn't get comics series yet ?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

it's written by Ann Nocenti so it's not like it's going to be good and it doesn't have the built in automatic buy fan base that Catwoman did so I doubt that it will last that long

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

yeah, I heard about it, was almost vaguely interested, then saw Ann Nocenti was writing

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

"Shush Teekl! I'm watching the show."

"Hmph. Baby magic."

I loved that lil bastard on Young Justice, he cracked me up. Hopefully somebody will post a video of him. To answer your question, it does seem a bit odd but eh.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trance, i know you're out there somewhere. And i know you're happy.

Beata

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd understand if he got a series when Young Justice was on because he was awesome in it but why now?

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is weird decision. I'm upset

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidey_jackson: like I said they are much better character that deserve comics series before Klarion

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: True, while i find it odd that he got a solo before Cyborg or MM, i'm just happy DC is showing some variety.

And Klarion does have his fanbase.

Beata

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

PMSL no, how the hell can you get upset over a comic. Unless you are 6 or something.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm fine with this Klarion isn't an unknown, he's quite the interesting character.

Loading Video...

I'm willing to give the writer a few issues.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mrnoital

@captainmarvel4ever: that guys hair is crazy, but gave some good insight on klarion

and i find it funny that he said you'd have to like really really bad at writing to mess him up, cause that's what a lot of people have been saying about Ann Nocenti's recent work

but it might work out great for her, I might give it a few issues too

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: lets be honest to yourself, between cyborg and klarion comics series which you prefer ? also I know that you're not excited because the writer is Ann Noncenti

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Billy Batson

Because DC has never given a series to a small time character before. Nope. Never.

BB

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#16  Edited By wildvine

Things aren't going explicitly my way and that makes me angry. Wait till I find an internet forum to vent on.

No Caption Provided

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised, I thought people only complain when an Batman-related ongoing is announced.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And Klarion can be an interesting character when written well but I doubt it will be the case since Nocenti is involved. Still will give the first issue a try.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19 the_stegman  Moderator

He's like DC's Loki, he has potential. I'm more upset about the writer.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

The character has a lot of potential but the biggest mistake DC made was giving this book to Ann Nocenti.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. Probably won't read it anyways.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

It's always nice to see a more obscure character get a series from time-to-time. I've never been a fan of the "Obscure character [Klarion] gets a series, but well-known character [Cyborg] doesn't? WTF!" argument. With that way of thinking, none of the less exposed characters would get any representation.

Of course, since Nocenti is writing, the series will probably be horrible. But I like the idea of Klarion being given a series.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz: lets be honest, Doom Patrol , Metal Men , Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, Booster Gold and any other DC Characters deserve more comics series. Besides DC have more characters that deserve the spotlight. I'm sorry Klarion ? Nope, character like New Gods Orion, Big Barda etc or Zatanna or DC Magic side probably deserve more comics series

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: lets be honest, Doom Patrol , Metal Men , Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, Booster Gold and any other DC Characters deserve more comics series. Besides DC have more characters that deserve the spotlight. I'm sorry Klarion ? Nope, character like New Gods Orion, Big Barda etc or Zatanna or DC Magic side probably deserve more comics series

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@supbatz: lets be honest, Doom Patrol , Metal Men , Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, Booster Gold and any other DC Characters deserve more comics series. Besides DC have more characters that deserve the spotlight. I'm sorry Klarion ? Nope, character like New Gods Orion, Big Barda etc or Zatanna or DC Magic side probably deserve more comics series

I see where you're coming from, but I don't think it's really fair to think that way a lot of the time. I mean, sure, there are character we want to see in a series. But that list is practically endless. And if, say, Zatanna or Barda got a series, we might hear, "Why not Cyborg or Shazam?" It's really an endless cycle, where lesser-known characters get the short end of the stick every time. Vibe is a good example. His series was pretty good, one of the better of its time I'd argue, but a lot of people were opposed to him getting a series because they felt others deserved one more.

Granted, we wouldn't have this problem so much if DC were willing to give more characters exposure. I think I might like it better if we got mini series for lesser-known characters more often. Like if instead of an indefinite monthly series for Klarion, we got a six-month mini-series. And once that was finished, we get a mini-series for a different lesser-known character. It'd be an equally valid method of giving other characters, other then the big-name heroes, a chance to shine.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@tdk_1997: lets be honest, Doom Patrol , Metal Men , Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, Booster Gold and any other DC Characters deserve more comics series. Besides DC have more characters that deserve the spotlight. I'm sorry Klarion ? Nope, character like New Gods Orion, Big Barda etc or Zatanna or DC Magic side probably deserve more comics series

`That is true. That is an undeniable fact and I really want to see a Doom Patrol book or a Blue Beetle one but I am only saying that Klarion is interesting enough for DC to try out to give him his own ongoing.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: lets be honest, Doom Patrol , Metal Men , Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, Booster Gold and any other DC Characters deserve more comics series. Besides DC have more characters that deserve the spotlight. I'm sorry Klarion ? Nope, character like New Gods Orion, Big Barda etc or Zatanna or DC Magic side probably deserve more comics series

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@rustyroy said:

I'm surprised, I thought people only complain when an Batman-related ongoing is announced.

This guy is supposed to be a "real" DC fan. Klarion is a Kirby character,that alone makes him more deserving than most. But Nocenti? aargh.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By entropy_aegis

@justthatkid: lets be honest, Doom Patrol , Metal Men , Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, Booster Gold and any other DC Characters deserve more comics series. Besides DC have more characters that deserve the spotlight. I'm sorry Klarion ? Nope, character like New Gods Orion, Big Barda etc or Zatanna or DC Magic side probably deserve more comics series

Most of those characters have been tried and tested and rather recently as well.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Boynerdgeek

@entropy_aegis: New Gods is Kirby creation. Don't get me wrong but lets be honest to yourself, between New Gods and Klarion (both Kirby creation) who deserve more comics series ? Be honest, I know you want New Gods comics series. Don't lie to yourself

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: New Gods is Kirby creation. Don't get me wrong but lets be honest to yourself, between New Gods and Klarion (both Kirby creation) who deserve more comics series ? Be honest, I know you want New Gods comics series. Don't lie to yourself

I do but I dont run the company.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can think of a bunch of characters I'd like to see get a shot at an ongoing over Klarion. Having said that, I can't think of any of them I'd want to get a series if Ann Nocenti is writing it, in fact, I'm thankful for it.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind Klarion getting a series over characters like Booster Gold or Cyborg. I DO mind that they are giving this series Ann Nocenti and when it gets canceled, DC will assume it is because of Klarion.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who would want a New Gods series when most creators don't get them right.

BB

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Infinity man and the Forever People, a sample of new gods, if that sells well, then theres a better chance of more new gods

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@mrnoital: Yeah I really like his hair, and he's probably one of the most insightful comic experts online. He's also really really good at getting new readers into comics, so be sure to support him. I'm also willing to give the writer a chance.

@boynerdgeek:
I'm still excited, I love Clarion and I'm willing to give the writer a chance. I'd really like Cyborg to get a series, but I feel like it's better to wait for the right writer, like Geoff Johns, to come on board. Although I wouldn't mind Marv Wolfman writing his book, I just read his Secret Origins issue for Cyborg, and it was really really good. In any case I would still like Geoff to have creative input.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

Isn't Infinity man and the Forever People, a sample of new gods, if that sells well, then theres a better chance of more new gods

It's selling badly,and sucks as well.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: yeah I wouldn't know, I dont like the art so I havent even tried reading it

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

I'm not complaining, he was awesome in Seven Soldiers of Victory.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure Rogue's Rebellion sold well.

Where the hell is their series? Screw Klarion.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By nickthedevil

@mrnoital said:

It's selling badly,and sucks as well.

I disagree.

As far as I remember, the rerviews for Number one were relatively good, and I liked it as well.

It did sadden me that the artist had changed, it looked and felt a little like a Kirby book, but everything seems fantastic. Even Mantis' return was pretty good.

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why are dc writers afraid of writing a solo the question comic book? He's basically a classic cool detective who deals with underground conspiracy and secret plots that even characters like batman don't know about I wish i could write his series would've made him the face of Dc. Also new gods, Martian manhunter, plastic man, challengers of the unknown, doom patrol, booster gold + blue beetle, Ambush bug, Justice society of America, Shazam, metal men, the outsiders, cyborg, space ghost + adam strange, Captain atom, Wildstorm, Hawkman and the atom, Doctor fate, the question, Legion of superheroes, Etrigan, zatanna, omac + kamandi, Big barda and mr. miracle don't get a comic book series but Klarion the witch boy gets a series because he was very popular in young justice.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mrnoital

@_andy_can: I don't know if you missed if, but in the new 52 reboot, the question is one whose story got really messed up

they made him immortal with magic powers, it's a shame i know

and I can agree that some of the people you listed deserve a solo

but a couple of them already had one

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it really matter? I'm sure you'll find at least one person that wants their favorite character to have a series, and before long, every character in the DC Universe would have a series. Let's be honest, half the people crying for a Cyborg book are calling for it because he's in the Justice League. Not because they actually care about the character. (probably the same group who cried foul when he was inserted in the league over Manhunter.)

God forbid DC try something a little different with Klarion over more Batman, another new Lantern, another Kryptonian showing up, etc.

Klarion is part of DCs' magic side, though. Why do you think he's called the "Witch Boy?"

why are dc writers afraid of writing a solo the question comic book? He's basically a classic cool detective who deals with underground conspiracy and secret plots that even characters like batman don't know about I wish i could write his series would've made him the face of Dc. Also new gods, Martian manhunter, plastic man, challengers of the unknown, doom patrol, booster gold + blue beetle, Ambush bug, Justice society of America, Shazam, metal men, the outsiders, cyborg, space ghost + adam strange, Captain atom, Wildstorm, Hawkman and the atom, Doctor fate, the question, Legion of superheroes, Etrigan, zatanna, omac + kamandi, Big barda and mr. miracle don't get a comic book series but Klarion the witch boy gets a series because he was very popular in young justice.

Well, it's partially because The Question is scheduled for a Trinity of Sin book. With that said, I think this new version of The QUestion could use some airing out and this is a fine way to do it. Pandora and Stranger could also benefit from the popularity of Question, and as much as I like the guy, do you really think you could make the faceless man of DC the face of the company? Over Superman? Over Batman? A good series can do a lot, but it takes more than that to suddenly jump to pop icon status.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#47  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Not too knowledgable about Klarion outside of a few basic things and have never cared about him all that much but I'm just one dude. I don't get to decide whether he deserves a series or not. I'd would like to see MMH get a series down the line though.

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billy_batson: who would want a Klarion series where the writer they chose is guaranteed to get the book canceled?

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Klarion. As was mentioned he was good in Seven Soldiers and he has the chance to have some mainstream appeal because he is a bit similar to Loki. Also, my non comic book fan friends liked him a lot in his Young Justice appearances.

The art for the book looks good. Too bad about the writer...

It'd also be nice if the series didn't come out of nowhere.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billy_batson: who would want a Klarion series where the writer they chose is guaranteed to get the book canceled?

There's always a chance we'll get the good Nocenti...

BB