• 57 results
#1 Posted by Boynerdgeek (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you guys upset that unknown character like Klarion will get comics series but more well known DC Characters doesn't get comics series yet ?

#2 Edited by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

it's written by Ann Nocenti so it's not like it's going to be good and it doesn't have the built in automatic buy fan base that Catwoman did so I doubt that it will last that long

#3 Posted by Mrnoital (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, I heard about it, was almost vaguely interested, then saw Ann Nocenti was writing

#4 Posted by Oscuro (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

"Shush Teekl! I'm watching the show."

"Hmph. Baby magic."

I loved that lil bastard on Young Justice, he cracked me up. Hopefully somebody will post a video of him. To answer your question, it does seem a bit odd but eh.

#5 Posted by Spidey_Jackson (2786 posts) - - Show Bio

Trance, i know you're out there somewhere. And i know you're happy.

Beata

#6 Posted by Night4345 (5813 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd understand if he got a series when Young Justice was on because he was awesome in it but why now?

#7 Posted by Boynerdgeek (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

It is weird decision. I'm upset

#8 Posted by Spidey_Jackson (2786 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Boynerdgeek (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidey_jackson: like I said they are much better character that deserve comics series before Klarion

#10 Posted by Spidey_Jackson (2786 posts) - - Show Bio

@boynerdgeek: True, while i find it odd that he got a solo before Cyborg or MM, i'm just happy DC is showing some variety.

And Klarion does have his fanbase.

Beata

#11 Posted by Rev_Sulphur (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

PMSL no, how the hell can you get upset over a comic. Unless you are 6 or something.

#12 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (4981 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm fine with this Klarion isn't an unknown, he's quite the interesting character.

I'm willing to give the writer a few issues.

#13 Edited by Mrnoital (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainmarvel4ever: that guys hair is crazy, but gave some good insight on klarion

and i find it funny that he said you'd have to like really really bad at writing to mess him up, cause that's what a lot of people have been saying about Ann Nocenti's recent work

but it might work out great for her, I might give it a few issues too

#14 Posted by Boynerdgeek (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainmarvel4ever: lets be honest to yourself, between cyborg and klarion comics series which you prefer ? also I know that you're not excited because the writer is Ann Noncenti

#15 Edited by Billy Batson (58372 posts) - - Show Bio

Because DC has never given a series to a small time character before. Nope. Never.

BB

#16 Edited by wildvine (10374 posts) - - Show Bio

Things aren't going explicitly my way and that makes me angry. Wait till I find an internet forum to vent on.

#17 Posted by RustyRoy (14037 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised, I thought people only complain when an Batman-related ongoing is announced.

#18 Posted by RustyRoy (14037 posts) - - Show Bio

And Klarion can be an interesting character when written well but I doubt it will be the case since Nocenti is involved. Still will give the first issue a try.

#19 Posted by The Stegman (26101 posts) - - Show Bio

He's like DC's Loki, he has potential. I'm more upset about the writer.

#20 Posted by TDK_1997 (15110 posts) - - Show Bio

The character has a lot of potential but the biggest mistake DC made was giving this book to Ann Nocenti.

#21 Posted by Jonez120 (5214 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. Probably won't read it anyways.

#22 Posted by SupBatz (1855 posts) - - Show Bio

It's always nice to see a more obscure character get a series from time-to-time. I've never been a fan of the "Obscure character [Klarion] gets a series, but well-known character [Cyborg] doesn't? WTF!" argument. With that way of thinking, none of the less exposed characters would get any representation.

Of course, since Nocenti is writing, the series will probably be horrible. But I like the idea of Klarion being given a series.

#23 Posted by Boynerdgeek (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz: lets be honest, Doom Patrol , Metal Men , Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, Booster Gold and any other DC Characters deserve more comics series. Besides DC have more characters that deserve the spotlight. I'm sorry Klarion ? Nope, character like New Gods Orion, Big Barda etc or Zatanna or DC Magic side probably deserve more comics series

#24 Posted by Boynerdgeek (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997: lets be honest, Doom Patrol , Metal Men , Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, Booster Gold and any other DC Characters deserve more comics series. Besides DC have more characters that deserve the spotlight. I'm sorry Klarion ? Nope, character like New Gods Orion, Big Barda etc or Zatanna or DC Magic side probably deserve more comics series

#25 Posted by SupBatz (1855 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz: lets be honest, Doom Patrol , Metal Men , Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, Booster Gold and any other DC Characters deserve more comics series. Besides DC have more characters that deserve the spotlight. I'm sorry Klarion ? Nope, character like New Gods Orion, Big Barda etc or Zatanna or DC Magic side probably deserve more comics series

I see where you're coming from, but I don't think it's really fair to think that way a lot of the time. I mean, sure, there are character we want to see in a series. But that list is practically endless. And if, say, Zatanna or Barda got a series, we might hear, "Why not Cyborg or Shazam?" It's really an endless cycle, where lesser-known characters get the short end of the stick every time. Vibe is a good example. His series was pretty good, one of the better of its time I'd argue, but a lot of people were opposed to him getting a series because they felt others deserved one more.

Granted, we wouldn't have this problem so much if DC were willing to give more characters exposure. I think I might like it better if we got mini series for lesser-known characters more often. Like if instead of an indefinite monthly series for Klarion, we got a six-month mini-series. And once that was finished, we get a mini-series for a different lesser-known character. It'd be an equally valid method of giving other characters, other then the big-name heroes, a chance to shine.

#26 Posted by TDK_1997 (15110 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997: lets be honest, Doom Patrol , Metal Men , Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, Booster Gold and any other DC Characters deserve more comics series. Besides DC have more characters that deserve the spotlight. I'm sorry Klarion ? Nope, character like New Gods Orion, Big Barda etc or Zatanna or DC Magic side probably deserve more comics series

`That is true. That is an undeniable fact and I really want to see a Doom Patrol book or a Blue Beetle one but I am only saying that Klarion is interesting enough for DC to try out to give him his own ongoing.

#27 Posted by Justthatkid (4704 posts) - - Show Bio

"This character doesn't deserve a book because I don't want him to have one"

Books should be determined by quality some characters have more to work with and have a whole different concept behind them, unknown characters should get more attention cause they could introduce so much more if done correctly, and provide way more creative freedom I'd believe.

#28 Posted by Boynerdgeek (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: lets be honest, Doom Patrol , Metal Men , Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, Booster Gold and any other DC Characters deserve more comics series. Besides DC have more characters that deserve the spotlight. I'm sorry Klarion ? Nope, character like New Gods Orion, Big Barda etc or Zatanna or DC Magic side probably deserve more comics series

#29 Posted by entropy_aegis (15462 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

I'm surprised, I thought people only complain when an Batman-related ongoing is announced.

This guy is supposed to be a "real" DC fan. Klarion is a Kirby character,that alone makes him more deserving than most. But Nocenti? aargh.

#30 Edited by entropy_aegis (15462 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: lets be honest, Doom Patrol , Metal Men , Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, Booster Gold and any other DC Characters deserve more comics series. Besides DC have more characters that deserve the spotlight. I'm sorry Klarion ? Nope, character like New Gods Orion, Big Barda etc or Zatanna or DC Magic side probably deserve more comics series

Most of those characters have been tried and tested and rather recently as well.

#31 Edited by Boynerdgeek (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: New Gods is Kirby creation. Don't get me wrong but lets be honest to yourself, between New Gods and Klarion (both Kirby creation) who deserve more comics series ? Be honest, I know you want New Gods comics series. Don't lie to yourself

#32 Posted by entropy_aegis (15462 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: New Gods is Kirby creation. Don't get me wrong but lets be honest to yourself, between New Gods and Klarion (both Kirby creation) who deserve more comics series ? Be honest, I know you want New Gods comics series. Don't lie to yourself

I do but I dont run the company.

#33 Posted by Justthatkid (4704 posts) - - Show Bio

@boynerdgeek: Capt. Atom failed book. Booster Gold was in a title which later added Batman to boost sales but got canceled. Blue Beetle also had a canceled title. Alot of others list might need to be spawned off something else or continued development somewhere else before its plausible like Doom Patrol and Metal Men.

Any character should get a title if DC feels like it would work. Hence Talon and Batwing also Princess Amesthys

#34 Posted by CaptainHoopla (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

I can think of a bunch of characters I'd like to see get a shot at an ongoing over Klarion. Having said that, I can't think of any of them I'd want to get a series if Ann Nocenti is writing it, in fact, I'm thankful for it.

#35 Posted by aquaman01 (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind Klarion getting a series over characters like Booster Gold or Cyborg. I DO mind that they are giving this series Ann Nocenti and when it gets canceled, DC will assume it is because of Klarion.

#36 Posted by Billy Batson (58372 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would want a New Gods series when most creators don't get them right.

BB

#37 Posted by Mrnoital (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Infinity man and the Forever People, a sample of new gods, if that sells well, then theres a better chance of more new gods

#38 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (4981 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital: Yeah I really like his hair, and he's probably one of the most insightful comic experts online. He's also really really good at getting new readers into comics, so be sure to support him. I'm also willing to give the writer a chance.

@boynerdgeek:
I'm still excited, I love Clarion and I'm willing to give the writer a chance. I'd really like Cyborg to get a series, but I feel like it's better to wait for the right writer, like Geoff Johns, to come on board. Although I wouldn't mind Marv Wolfman writing his book, I just read his Secret Origins issue for Cyborg, and it was really really good. In any case I would still like Geoff to have creative input.

#39 Posted by entropy_aegis (15462 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital said:

Isn't Infinity man and the Forever People, a sample of new gods, if that sells well, then theres a better chance of more new gods

It's selling badly,and sucks as well.

#40 Posted by Mrnoital (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: yeah I wouldn't know, I dont like the art so I havent even tried reading it

#41 Posted by Squares (8392 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not complaining, he was awesome in Seven Soldiers of Victory.

#42 Posted by nickthedevil (13972 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure Rogue's Rebellion sold well.

Where the hell is their series? Screw Klarion.

#43 Edited by nickthedevil (13972 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital said:

It's selling badly,and sucks as well.

I disagree.

As far as I remember, the rerviews for Number one were relatively good, and I liked it as well.

It did sadden me that the artist had changed, it looked and felt a little like a Kirby book, but everything seems fantastic. Even Mantis' return was pretty good.

#44 Posted by _ANDY_CAN (268 posts) - - Show Bio

why are dc writers afraid of writing a solo the question comic book? He's basically a classic cool detective who deals with underground conspiracy and secret plots that even characters like batman don't know about I wish i could write his series would've made him the face of Dc. Also new gods, Martian manhunter, plastic man, challengers of the unknown, doom patrol, booster gold + blue beetle, Ambush bug, Justice society of America, Shazam, metal men, the outsiders, cyborg, space ghost + adam strange, Captain atom, Wildstorm, Hawkman and the atom, Doctor fate, the question, Legion of superheroes, Etrigan, zatanna, omac + kamandi, Big barda and mr. miracle don't get a comic book series but Klarion the witch boy gets a series because he was very popular in young justice.

#45 Edited by Mrnoital (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

@_andy_can: I don't know if you missed if, but in the new 52 reboot, the question is one whose story got really messed up

they made him immortal with magic powers, it's a shame i know

and I can agree that some of the people you listed deserve a solo

but a couple of them already had one

#46 Posted by ScouterV (1848 posts) - - Show Bio

Does it really matter? I'm sure you'll find at least one person that wants their favorite character to have a series, and before long, every character in the DC Universe would have a series. Let's be honest, half the people crying for a Cyborg book are calling for it because he's in the Justice League. Not because they actually care about the character. (probably the same group who cried foul when he was inserted in the league over Manhunter.)

God forbid DC try something a little different with Klarion over more Batman, another new Lantern, another Kryptonian showing up, etc.

Klarion is part of DCs' magic side, though. Why do you think he's called the "Witch Boy?"

why are dc writers afraid of writing a solo the question comic book? He's basically a classic cool detective who deals with underground conspiracy and secret plots that even characters like batman don't know about I wish i could write his series would've made him the face of Dc. Also new gods, Martian manhunter, plastic man, challengers of the unknown, doom patrol, booster gold + blue beetle, Ambush bug, Justice society of America, Shazam, metal men, the outsiders, cyborg, space ghost + adam strange, Captain atom, Wildstorm, Hawkman and the atom, Doctor fate, the question, Legion of superheroes, Etrigan, zatanna, omac + kamandi, Big barda and mr. miracle don't get a comic book series but Klarion the witch boy gets a series because he was very popular in young justice.

Well, it's partially because The Question is scheduled for a Trinity of Sin book. With that said, I think this new version of The QUestion could use some airing out and this is a fine way to do it. Pandora and Stranger could also benefit from the popularity of Question, and as much as I like the guy, do you really think you could make the faceless man of DC the face of the company? Over Superman? Over Batman? A good series can do a lot, but it takes more than that to suddenly jump to pop icon status.

#47 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (13699 posts) - - Show Bio

Not too knowledgable about Klarion outside of a few basic things and have never cared about him all that much but I'm just one dude. I don't get to decide whether he deserves a series or not. I'd would like to see MMH get a series down the line though.

#48 Posted by TimeLordScience (1425 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson: who would want a Klarion series where the writer they chose is guaranteed to get the book canceled?

#49 Posted by TimeLordScience (1425 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Klarion. As was mentioned he was good in Seven Soldiers and he has the chance to have some mainstream appeal because he is a bit similar to Loki. Also, my non comic book fan friends liked him a lot in his Young Justice appearances.

The art for the book looks good. Too bad about the writer...

It'd also be nice if the series didn't come out of nowhere.

#50 Posted by Billy Batson (58372 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson: who would want a Klarion series where the writer they chose is guaranteed to get the book canceled?

There's always a chance we'll get the good Nocenti...

BB