• 102 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

Discuss

#2 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8741 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom come was awesome. Civil War sucked

/end thread

#3 Posted by JediXMan (29679 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come, absolutely no contest. Civil War tried and failed to copy it.

#4 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1840 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually liked Civil War...but Kingdom Come was EPIC!

#5 Posted by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you serious? XD

#6 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8741 posts) - - Show Bio

@Manwhohaseverything said:

I actually liked Civil War...

Shun! Shuns to the heretic!

#7 Posted by jwalser3 (4804 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come, Civil War...Ehh

#8 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Better story.

Better art.

Civil War was clearly the superior event.

For those of you that decided to continue reading I'm kidding, Kingdom Come was amazing and a lot better than Civil War.

#9 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read Civil War, but few come close to Kingdom Come!

#10 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

@Manwhohaseverything said:

I actually liked Civil War...but Kingdom Come was EPIC!
#11 Posted by JediXMan (29679 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach said:

@Manwhohaseverything said:

I actually liked Civil War...

Shun! Shuns to the heretic!

It had its moments. I liked Front Line and certain stories in the beginning. But I think it wasthe last third that I just... didn't care anymore.

#12 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't read Kingdom Come, but Civil War kinda sucked

#13 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8741 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

It had its moments. I liked Front Line and certain stories in the beginning. But I think it wasthe last third that I just... didn't care anymore.

SHUN, SHUNS TO THE HERETICS

#14 Posted by JediXMan (29679 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

Haven't read Kingdom Come, but Civil War kinda sucked

Read it.

Now.

#15 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Jorgevy said:

Haven't read Kingdom Come, but Civil War kinda sucked

Read it.

Now.

Seriously, you could probably find it on Youtube. Don't read it with really high expectations. Although, it is very good.

#16 Posted by FrankenKong (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Civil War was a very interesting idea that could have been ground breaking. But Marvel didn't execute it properly for it to have been gold. Kingdom Come

#17 Posted by AIice (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember watching the Kingdom Come audio-book, it was brilliant and I think it's of the best comic-book stories ever ~

#18 Posted by The Stegman (23204 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come, seriously, it's perfection.

#19 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Jorgevy said:

Haven't read Kingdom Come, but Civil War kinda sucked

Read it.

Now.

@AweSam said:

@JediXMan said:

@Jorgevy said:

Haven't read Kingdom Come, but Civil War kinda sucked

Read it.

Now.

Seriously, you could probably find it on Youtube. Don't read it with really high expectations. Although, it is very good.

ahahah okay dudes, I'll check it out. I had heard a lot of good stuff about it and thought of picking it up someday, but since everyone seems to love it so much, I guess I'll do it sooner than later, as long as it doesn't sucks like CW

#20 Posted by HolySerpent (12464 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there any story arch that comes close to kingdom come because i havent found it

#21 Posted by Skyfire (708 posts) - - Show Bio

I never read Kingdom Come, but I really didn't care for Civil War. Spider-Man revealing his identity, which eventually led to One More Day. I'm STILL trying to like Iron Man again after the stuff he pulled.

#22 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

Is there any story arch that comes close to kingdom come because i havent found it

Watchmen? Sandman? All-Star Superman?

#23 Posted by JediXMan (29679 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

Is there any story arch that comes close to kingdom come because i havent found it

Sandman? Watchmen? Morrison's Doom Patrol? V for Vendetta? Death?

I love Kingdom Come, but...

#24 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skyfire said:

I never read Kingdom Come, but I really didn't care for Civil War. Spider-Man revealing his identity, which eventually led to One More Day. I'm STILL trying to like Iron Man again after the stuff he pulled.

If you want to like Tony, read Iron Man, Director of SHIELD. It does a lot to, if not justify him, at least show his side of the story and explain why he felt he had to do what he did. Probably Iron man at his most likeable and sympathetic he's been in years.

#25 Posted by HolySerpent (12464 posts) - - Show Bio

I havent read any of those besides All-Star Superman. And to be honest i didnt care fore it. But i will check the others out

#26 Posted by JediXMan (29679 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

I havent read any of those besides All-Star Superman. And to be honest i didnt care fore it. But i will check the others out

Watchmen? You've... never read Watchmen?

#27 Posted by HolySerpent (12464 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXmen: I own the movie and many people say they were loyal to the series

#28 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Civil War.........................................

......................................................

............................................................................................ Is a poor man's Kingdom Come! Nyahahahahaha!

#29 Posted by JediXMan (29679 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

@JediXmen: I own the movie and many people say they were loyal to the series

Not really. The Ultimate Cut of the movie was pretty good, but the comic was better.

#30 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1840 posts) - - Show Bio
@HolySerpent: The movie was loyal to the source material (by comic movie standards), but Alan Moore writes with a prose that displays emotion and gets you into a character's head in a way that's almost impossible to replicate in a movie. His run on Swamp Thing is another I'd say is in KIngdom Come's ballpark. Frank Miller has had some stuff I'd put in this category (But All-Star Batman and Robin ain't one of 'em)
#31 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

Still haven't read Kingdome Come but I loved Civil War.

#32 Edited by JonSmith (3990 posts) - - Show Bio

#33 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4692 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come is to Civil War as a forbidden apple in a forgotten grove is to...

#34 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Crom-Cruach said:

@Manwhohaseverything said:

I actually liked Civil War...

Shun! Shuns to the heretic!

It had its moments. I liked Front Line and certain stories in the beginning. But I think it wasthe last third that I just... didn't care anymore.

Spider-man's part was cool.

#35 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

meh. ross's art starts to get hard on the eyes after a few pages. i liked civil war better.

#36 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

@Skyfire said:

I never read Kingdom Come, but I really didn't care for Civil War. Spider-Man revealing his identity, which eventually led to One More Day. I'm STILL trying to like Iron Man again after the stuff he pulled.

If you want to like Tony, read Iron Man, Director of SHIELD. It does a lot to, if not justify him, at least show his side of the story and explain why he felt he had to do what he did. Probably Iron man at his most likeable and sympathetic he's been in years.

Thing is he was manipulating Civil War to get money.@sesquipedalophobe said:

Kingdom Come is to Civil War as a forbidden apple in a forgotten grove is to...

Explain@TDK_1997 said:

Still haven't read Kingdome Come but I loved Civil War.

#37 Posted by XImpossibruX (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Civil war was stupid, and they made Tony look like a villain

#38 Edited by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

meh. ross's art starts to get hard on the eyes after a few pages. i liked civil war better.

I have my problems with his artwork, too. Too much Leni Riefenstahl aesthetics..But the plot was aight. And CW wasn't really that bad. I liked it when Cap kicked them SHIELD agents butts..

#39 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

Civil war was stupid, and they made Tony look like a villain

@Skyfire said:

I never read Kingdom Come, but I really didn't care for Civil War. Spider-Man revealing his identity, which eventually led to One More Day. I'm STILL trying to like Iron Man again after the stuff he pulled.

yeah, Civil War sucked butt. Only thing it has on Kingdom is the art and that's just personal perference

Im starting KC now and it seems really interesting, specially after reading this thread

#40 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come is overall better, but Civil War is one of my favorite Marvel events of all time.

#41 Edited by Lvenger (18474 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read Civil War and I've been meaning to but I own and have read Kingdom Come many times. And I doubt in terms of story, dialogue, characterisation and themes, Kingdom Come probably trumps Civil War in all those areas. Plus Alex Ross' art is legendary!

#42 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

Thing is he was manipulating Civil War to get money.

First time I hear of that. Sure, he was using his own products to further his agenda, but he wasn't actively milking the damn thing. His motivations, at least, were sincere.

And, you know, this doesn't have anything to do with what I said.

#43 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Thing is he was manipulating Civil War to get money.

First time I hear of that. Sure, he was using his own products to further his agenda, but he wasn't actively milking the damn thing. His motivations, at least, were sincere.

And, you know, this doesn't have anything to do with what I said.

You said his comic justified him.

#44 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

You said his comic justified him.

Yeah, for supporting and leading the pro-registration side. Not war profiteering. Which I still don't see any evidence for.

#45 Posted by KenTheProfile (412 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil: it apples to oranges Kingdom come was in my view the end of the dc comics story universe. where as civil war was a very intresting marvel universe shaking idea.

kingdome come is better overall but civil war touches a nerve in people like me about what right and wrong really is all about. the idea of superhuman registation borthered e so much i could not play the pro side in Marvel ultimate 2.

#46 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

You said his comic justified him.

Yeah, for supporting and leading the pro-registration side. Not war profiteering. Which I still don't see any evidence for.

It was in the Civil War aftermath.

#47 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil: I don't recall there being a Civil War: Aftermath story...

#48 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come is still my all time favorite graphic novel/superhero story, nothing in my opinion has come close to it. I did read civil war and liked it but it doesn't match Kingdom Come. Also, Mark Waid is an ingenious writer, arguably one of the best comic book writers ever.

#49 Edited by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom: Actually it was in Civil War: Front Lines, that it turned out Tony was manipulating stock exchanges. and manipulating the events of CiviL War.

#50 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jnr6Lil said:

@AtPhantom: Actually it was in Civil War: Front Lines, that it turned out Tony was manipulating stock exchanges. and manipulating the events of CiviL War.

I don't recall anything stated about Tony manipulating stocks in Civil War: Frontlines. Granted it was the most boring and forgettable part of the story, I just wonder how this was revealed? In what context was is shown that Tony was manipulating stocks?
Moderator