Kilgrave mcu rank

megatron97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Where would you rank him as an mcu villian? Where is he rank all time against other comic book villians all time?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

The best MCU. Behind Joker, Magneto and Zod.

roboadmiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

He's pretty high up in MCU. Maybe number 2. Number 1 goes to Kingpin. The big shorcoming with Kilgrave is that after Kingpin he feels much less original. A lot of the same themes, motifs, and character traits are repeats from Kingpin. He's an off-the-grid recluse who primarily interacts with the world through minions as intermediaries. Anyone could be one of his minions. He has refined tastes. He has a bizarre complex where he's basically a spoiled man-child who can't deal with not getting his way and is prone to horrifying tantrums. Not that Kilgrave is completely unoriginal or bad. He's very good and has distinct qualities of his own. They just could have done a better job of not recycling ideas from Kingpin.

megatron97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By megatron97

My list mcu

1.kingpin

2.ward

3.kilgrave

4.Loki

All time

Magneto

Joker

Bane

Stryker from x2

Kingpin

Ward

Kilgrave

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Joker

Loki/Killgrave

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@megatron97: I'm curious, why do you put Stryker so high? He seemed pretty lackluster and unoriginal to me.

megatron97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: I actually really liked Stryker in x2. I feel that he is very underrated, I liked how he handled things against the mutants and I liked how Stryker carried himself.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NeonGameWave

He could be the number one MCU villain now but Kingpin does come close as does Loki.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingpin

Killgrave

Loki

All are about the same in quality imo. Great villains.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Actually makes me see how not great kingpin was

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

Pretty awesome, personable, wicked, powerful.

Makes you realize how terrible villains really are because not only are they hurting people, but they are capable of doing so much good if their powers were utilized correctly.

Kingpin wasn't too great IMO.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I thought he was better than Kingpin

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

@ultrastarkiller said:

Funny I feel the same but do either of you feel he kind of makes Kingpin fill more flawed as a great villain? Likes he's a good villain and a great Villain compared to the movie villains but after seeing Killgrave a lot of scenes with Kingpin seem less great? Like his kind of baby tantrums?

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@never_give_up said:
@ultrastarkiller said:

Funny I feel the same but do either of you feel he kind of makes Kingpin fill more flawed as a great villain? Likes he's a good villain and a great Villain compared to the movie villains but after seeing Killgrave a lot of scenes with Kingpin seem less great? Like his kind of baby tantrums?

Yep. I feel the same way. Like his scene when he took off the Russians head, while still a great scene it doesn't compare to how Purple Man would just have people nonchalantly kill themselves. He was just more threatening and while he wasn't as big of a threat to the city he was at the same time. He didn't have the influence that Fisk had but knowing that he could is what made him better to me.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

He was an amazing villain, creepy as hell, I´d say he´s on par with Kingpin.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

In my mind episode 6 solidified Kilgrave as the best MCU villain. When he peels back that wallpaper, it was just a whole other level.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

@megatron97: I totally agree. Stryker (Brian cox and Danny Huston) was a great villain. The younger version of stryker was the only version who was lackluster. He was reduced to trask's lackey

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liiittle better than Kingpin, the other great MCU villain.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wards best MCU villain

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Villains-in my opinion at least

1. Kingpin

2. Ward

3. Red Skull

4. Winter Soldier

5. Killgrave

6. Loki

I don't rank Killgrave so high, he was an amazing villain, but not my absolute favorite. He's horrifying, absolutely horrifying, but that's not how I rank an awesome villain.

Also

He never went full purple for more than a second, talk about disappointing

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Unpopular opinion but I'd rank him as the best villain in all CBM's. He... well lets just say I don't particularly want to watch Jessica Jones for a long time now. The last few episodes were just disturbingly creepy and Tennant, god love him, played the role to a tee. Still hope he comes back in any way.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is an easy number one. IMO he is on another tier from any other Marvel villain.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Overmonitor

Every person in this thread is neutral... except me hahahaha

Killgrave rocked, I loved that he had an actual personality. I found myself sympathizing with him more than any villain yet. He was also deranged and ruthless and creepy and had a lot of character development. God I loved Tennant's acting.

Avatar image for deactivated-61c1f20acb732
deactivated-61c1f20acb732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU :

1. Killgrave

2. Loki

3. Kingpin

All Superhero movies:

1. Heath Ledger Joker

2. Killgrave

3. Magneto

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

I think what set Killgrave apart from other CBM villians is how nonchalant he was about all the awful things he made people do. When it came to killing people, yes Joker and Kingpin didn't really bat an eye to the idea. But Killgrave went a step further and tortured people for little to no provocation, like when he told that guy at the performance hall to stand in front of a fence forever just because he started talking to him(a fate arguably worse than death). Or when he told Wendy to slash Jeri a thousand times just because she used that saying in casual conversation. Or hell, he even took that further and made other people do downright gruesome things. Granted Loki introduced this idea with his scepter, but Killgrave went above and beyond with what he forced people to do. And unlike Loki's mind control, the victims were cognizant of what they were doing and no matter how much they wanted to refuse, they were rendered completely helpless. That's probably the most disturbing part about anything he did. Maybe this is due to the power he held over people, but I found him to be the most frightening CBM villian and the last one I'd want to run into.