Kickstarter Alert: John Ostrander and Tom Mandrake Present Horror During the Civil War in KROS

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

John Ostrander and Tom Mandrake are taking American history and adding a dash of horror to it. With their Kickstarter, KROS, the team brings vampires to the Civil War. Who will stop these creatures from sucking the blood of every human in sight?

No Caption Provided

Both Mandrake and Ostrander have had a great career in comics, working together on THE SPECTRE, MARTIAN MANHUNTER, and GRIM JACK. Now, they're back together again on this new Kickstarter. Check out their video.

Here's the full story for KROS:

Set against the backdrop of the Battle of Gettysburg during the Civil War, KROS: HALLOWED GROUND is a tale of horror that follows the story of Vampire hunter, Major Kros, who fights two wars. During the day, Kros fights the battle history remembers. At night, he fights a secret battle against supernatural forces.

Kros himself is an enigmatic character. He’s a dampyr – a vampire hunter – and has some of the vampire’s abilities. Long lived, Kros cares nothing for the politics of ordinary mortals. The Civil War means nothing to him. Kros is on the trail of the undead. There are considerable dangers to Kros as well--and death is not the worst of them. Blood calls to Blood and there is always the danger that could be turned and become that which he hates.

Around Kros are ordinary people, civilians and soldiers from both the North and South in the midst of a cauldron called Gettysburg. They have faced the conflict and horror of the battlefield and now must face an even greater horror. Vampires have followed the armies and come at night to feast on the fallen. A second battle is fought at Gettysburg of which the history books know nothing. That’s the tale we want to tell. We’ve waited a long time to tell it. With your help, it will happen.

The KROS: HALLOWED GROUND 128 page graphic novel will include character and production artwork by Tom Mandrake, cover/poster art, as well as a short KROS story by John Ostrander.

In order to pledge to KROS, head to their Kickstarter page. If you pledge $15, you get a digital copy of KROS. $35 will get you a hard copy of the book. As the rewards continue forward, you can get regiment patches, sketch cards, and even a sketch in the graphic novel.

Check out the KROS Kickstarter for more information.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

This looks amazing!

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Art looks gorgeous , fits perfectly with the horror theme.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Looks cool, I love the coloring style.

I wrote a story similar to this once. Well similar in that it was a horror story set in a historical period but it was in Colonial South Africa and didn't involve vampires.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

I've yet to back a Kickstarter but this is right down my alley. Big fan of horror (and vampires when done well) and the art looks really cool. I think I'm actually going to back this.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Skit

As great as this seems, the backing costs seen kinda steep.

Edit:NVM, I just misread it. I'll at least back a $1, might get the sketchbook though, I love the art.

Mr_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks awesome!

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers