Kickstarter Alert: ABBADON

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Ever since ALL STAR WESTERN ended, there's been a hole in my heart that desperately needs filling with wild-west action and violence. Luckily, a new Kickstarter popped up and gave me a reason to believe in love again. ABBADON by Jimmy Palmiotti (ALL STAR WESTERN) and Justin Gray (ALL STAR WESTERN) have come together with artist Fabrizio Fiorentino (TITANS, ALL STAR WESTERN) to bring us a new western story based off of a original screenplay by Spencer Marstiller.

Here's the video from the official Kickstarter page giving you a bit more info on the project.

The Kickstarter also has some pages from the upcoming book as well.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here's the synopsis:

Set in the late 1880’s American West, Abbadon is a city steeped in sin, where anything is possible if you have the money, influence and power to obtain it. Poised to become the next boomtown, Abbadon is plagued by a series of murders heralding the arrival of U.S. Marshall Wes Garrett. A legendary lawman, Garrett’s claim to fame is that he killed a notorious murderer, who cut a bloody swath across the country and left scores of mutilated men, women and children in his wake. Garrett’s arrival exposes the secret that Abbadon’s sheriff Colt Dixon has desperately been trying to conceal – the victims have all been mutilated the same way they were by the killer Garret stopped – a man some called a monster, but the papers called him Bloody Bill. Garrett and Dixon join forces to uncover the killer’s identity in a town so full of corruption that everyone is a suspect.

As of right now, the book needs about $20k to reach its goal in 29 days. You can pledge as little as $5 for a digital copy of the book or as much as $100 for 4 physical copies to give out to friends. There's many different options in between, including various covers by artists such as Darwyn Cooke, Amanda Conner, or Tim Bradstreet.

If you're a fan of ALL STAR WESTERN, this is a no brainer for you, considering the creative team behind ABBADON. Check out the Kickstarter to see more about the project, including more artwork and character sketches.

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

That Sullivan guy looks like Matt Smith.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

YES YES YES YES YES YES

TheFallen_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheFallen_1

I have to pledge money to keep a book series going? I would buy digital copies sure, but 5.00 is alot to commit not knowing or having a attachment to these characters already.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@thefallen_1: who cares about the characters? I read things because the writers are good.

Avatar image for tearofthedragon
TearoftheDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And there goes my money...

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bladewolf

Seeing this made my day. Went with the Amanda Conner cover (I can't get enough of her work). I was really bummed when ASW ended, especially since Westerns are one of my favorites genres. Glad to see the team is back together again!

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers