Kevin Smith was once offered the keys to the DCCU

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Edited By SaintWildcard  Online

Poll Kevin Smith was once offered the keys to the DCCU (34 votes)

Yes. I hate the current DCCU 29%
No. Batman v Superman. Nuff Said 56%
Eh, maybe 15%

Kevin Smith revealed on a recent episode of Fatman on Batman that back when he was still considered a good director, he was offered a Kevin Feige like position at Warner Brothers. He would have produced and overseen every DC property. He turned it down. He then stated that he might not have even got to do anything cus Batman and Robin hadn't come out and that killed WB's enthusiasm for making superhero movies for a while. But if he had gotten to be producer for the DCCU, would you have wanted to see that? Or are you already invested in the current DCCU?

• 
goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I hate Snyder's direction, but I'm not a massive Kevin Smith fan. So no comment.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

I like MoS, and I'm a fan of Kevin Smith (I know it isn't popular to say that anymore these days). So honestly I'd like to see both.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I dont like the options here. They are too strong. I like these movies, and i would like what he would do to them.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I like Kevin Smith as a person; he seems like a cool dude and his podcast is a fun listen. However, I have no interest in his professional endevours. He also seems too 'fanboy-ish' to make objective decisions on a DCCU.

Geoff Johns has been doing a good job overseeing DC's TV projects. Add to that he has experience in the film industry working with Richard Donner. I say give him the job of overseeing the DCCU.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So would we have Jay, Silent Bob, and Batman hanging around outside a gotham gas station?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

Probably no.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SaintWildcard  Online

So would we have Jay, Silent Bob, and Batman hanging around outside a gotham gas station?

No, but someone would have cracked a bunch of penis jokes and he would have snuck in jokes that only him and his friends understand.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SaintWildcard  Online

@rdclip said:

I like Kevin Smith as a person; he seems like a cool dude and his podcast is a fun listen. However, I have no interest in his professional endevours. He also seems too 'fanboy-ish' to make objective decisions on a DCCU.

I agree with this. He does seem like a genially funny dude and if there had to be a famous person who sort of represent the Nerd community, he's not a bad guy to do so. But my problem with him is that he doesn't seem to take movie making seriously. It honestly surprises me that they keep giving him money to make movies anymore.

Geoff Johns has been doing a good job overseeing DC's TV projects. Add to that he has experience in the film industry working with Richard Donner. I say give him the job of overseeing the DCCU.

Eh, he couldn't even get GL right. I think if anything there should be a council and Johns could be on it.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ehhhh...I like Clerks and all but I'm happy he didn't take the reigns.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidchipotle: Chasing Amy and Mallrat's was his best work. I will say this though; Kevin is a great opener. Closing is where he falters. Tusk was on it's way to being epic! Then. He went full Walrus.

Never go full Walrus.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SaintWildcard  Online

@kidchipotle: Chasing Amy and Mallrat's was his best work. I will say this though; Kevin is a great opener. Closing is where he falters. Tusk was on it's way to being epic! Then. He went full Walrus.

Never go full Walrus.

Two part in the trailer ruined it for me. When he was messing around with the walrus penis and when he said "I don't wanna die in Canada". He ruined any sense of danger with that line.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Loading Video...

donttellmymom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Kevin Smith and it'd probably be pretty cool, but I think I'd prefer what we have now.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better than Snyder.

Beata

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think he has the time and effort to do that, it would have to be the only thing he does.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, just no.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, no thanks. Does WB/DC actually have anybody in a "Kevin Feige" role Quarterbacking this thing? Johns? Synder? Or are they just free styling thie entire movie-verse?

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He shouldn't be in control of it's entirety, but I wouldn't be against him doing a film.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shazam117: free styling, you can tell by how Suicide Squad looks like a David Ayer film and completely different than Snyder films. Ayer film will be very grounded and gritty, Snyder's will be bigger in terms of scale and his visuals are just perfection.

Doctor_Ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23: to me that's actually a better approach, whereas the marvel movies literally just feel like they're swapping heroes. That's why Thor was as scifi as Iron Man

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevin Smith is not good.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctor_ankh: I think it's better like this as well because it gives the director more freedom. Since Ironman 2 every Marvel film has become a part of just one long story, yeah it's a shared universe but I don't think linking every film together is necessary.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By deathstroke52
@rdclip said:

He also seems too 'fanboy-ish' to make objective decisions on a DCCU.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC finally has a plan in place forgoing those plans to do what somebody else wants to do is stupid no matter who they use.