TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheVivas
No Caption Provided

Respect for Kerra Holt, Jedi Knight of the Old Republic.

NOTE: I will only be using her feats from the novel Knight Errant because I haven't had the chance to read her comics yet. But once I do, I'll finish this thread.

Force Powers

Force Jump

While trailing Narsk Ka'hane, he remarks that she jumps a distance only a person with Force skills could have jumped.

Sure enough, glancing back, he spied a shadowy bipedal form sailing through the air, easily crossing the distance between the structures. Only a Sith with Force skills could have made that leap, Narsk thought.

Credit: Knight Errant

Telepathy

Kerra catches the thought of Narsk Ka'hane after his shock of watching her cut his datapad in half.

Holding the datapad where Narsk could see it, she casually flipped the device into the air and bisected it with a sudden flick of her lightsaber.

Narsk gulped. All that work!

"All that work for Odion,"she said, catching his thought.

Coming up from behind him, Kerra puts a thought into Narsk's head before freeing and rescuing him from Lord Damian's clutches.

All of it came pouring, foully, out of the Bothan's mouth--until an unseen hand clasped his muzzle shut. A foreign thought touched his mind.

Shut up.

Although she doesn't get it up in time, Kerra knows how to make mental shields to protect her from mental attacks.

Kerra's brow furrowed, her mental shields going up too late.

Force Stealth

Kerra has knowledge of how to hide her presence from other Sith, but it takes more concentration from her than it does for most people.

She'd broken into Sith strongholds before, but keeping Damian and his collectors from noticing her through the Force took extra concentration.

Force Sense

Even while actively not trying to use the Force, Kerra feels a dark taint from Damian.

She'd been cautious not to dip into the Force for anything, but she couldn't miss the evil taint that lay ahead. It could only be Damian and his closest aides.

Kerra feels Force energy coming off of Damian and his aide Uleeta during a ritual.

Kerra could feel the waves of Force streaming off them.

Kerra feels Uleeta's emotions.

Kerra caught a flash of the woman's emotions, still unshielded.

Kerra feels the presence of her friend Tan Tengo in a crowd of hundreds of children.

And scanning the crowd, she felt a familiar presence. Focusing, she saw exactly what she feared: an animated Sullustan girl, obviously excited about her first visit to another planet.

Kerra senses the presence of Lord Odion when he arrives on planet.

Kerra opened her mind to the Force. Discretion didn't matter; Damian's forces, including any Corrector's present, already knew she was here. And if they were here now, they were probably feeling the same crushing pressure she was. Something was approaching. A psychic black hole, drawing in all that existed and destroying everything it encountered. It was a feeling she'd first felt on Aquilaris, the day she lost her family--and again on Chelloa, the day she lost Master Treece and the other Jedi, her second family. It was why Damian's forces weren't shooting at her now. They'd gotten the word. They'd sensed his presence, just as she had.

Kerra senses tremors in the Force on Byllura.

But the quick compliance of the other people seemed odd, and nothing explained the tremors she now felt in the Force.

Kerra senses the dark side in the main facility on Byllura.

The facility was rife with emanations from the dark side of the Force.

Telekinesis

Kerra uses the Force to flip a speeder out from under a soldier.

Releasing Tan, Kerra turned to see another of Odion's speeder bike riders charging her, mounted blasters firing. Standing her ground, Kerra simply raised her hands in the air...

...and shoved downward, slamming an invisible weight to the ground. The Odionite's speeder bike went out from under him, crashing into the crater floor a meter from her feet.

While under the combined mental assault from four Sith, Kerra uses the Force to push a speeder into a canal.

Four advancing Sith, speaking in unison, pounded at her through the Force. Dizzied by the mental onslaught, Kerra felt her knees buckle. Rolling away on the sweaty sidewalk, she opened her eyes to see them advancing. Advancing--and speaking, their words pummeling her.

Wincing, Kerra looked behind them--and saw one of their airspeeders, hovering, unoccupied, over the scene. Reaching through the Force, she grabbed at it and pushed. The vehicle complied, slamming violently down onto the canal retaining wall behind her surprised attackers. Their psychic attack momentarily broken, Kerra pushed again, causing them to lose their footing on the slick surface.

While fighting Saaj Calician, Kerra uses the Force to throw a chair at him.

The Jedi raised her hand and sent one of the chairs tumbling through the air toward him.

Kerra uses the Force to shove a total number of six droids(individually) through a window.

Another locker opened--and another droid launched forward, hurtling toward Kerra. As she had with the last five, she used the Force to hurl the bulbous thing through the shattered window.

The droids she was hurling were a hundred kilograms each:

The droids were unarmed, but at a hundred kilograms each, the hurtling mamas were weapons themselves.

Kerra uses the Force to call her lightsaber to her hand.

Seeing the Krevaaki hesitate, Kerra fell flat to the floor and reached through the Force. Her lightsaber clattered between the regent's legs and into her hand.

Kerra launches droid debris at Dromika and Quillan.

The girl shifted, beginning to react. Kerra couldn't allow that. Reaching forward, she swept with her left hand, scooping up the droid-debris in her path and blindly launching it toward the siblings' roost.

Kerra catches pieces of a branding tool just meters before they hit the floor.

Putting force on her injured leg, she fought to keep from making a noise as her bottom hit the ground. Above, the pieces of the branding tool tumbled from their holder. Kerra reached out with the Force to catch them, millimeters above the floor.

Kerra uses the Force to call a blaster to her hand.

Flipping her lightsaber to her left hand, she pulled one of the fallen sentries' weapons into her right hand with Force and returned fire.

Mind Trick

Kerra knows how to perform mind tricks, although the Duros she attempted to perform it on was already under a stronger spell.

Kerra turned back toward the man and raised her fingers. She hated doing this, but if her hunch was right...

"You don't want to go into the building," she intoned. The Duros elder froze. "I don't...I don't..." His arms began to shudder. "Go into the building."

Kerra held his shoulders and studied his eyes. There was something there. An emotion. Confusion? No.

Panic.

Abruptly, Kerra released the Duros, who bolted ahead as if shot from one of Rusher's cannons. The green figure disappeared into the doorway, as he had always intended to do. Or as someone had always intended for him to do.

Kerra states she knows how to use Mind Trick/Force Persuasion, but she doesn't like to use it.

Force persuasion was a discipline almost every Force-user learned, even if she loathed using it.

Kerra uses a Mind Trick on a Celegian, a psychic species, on Byllura.

Realizing what she had to do, Kerra bit her lip and stood. Lifting the two fingers of her right hand before her, she spoke in a monotone: "You will command the sentries to return to their barracks."

Life returned to the Celegian. I will command the sentries to return to their barracks. And then it did.

Agility

While hanging onto a chain attached to the back of a speeder, she dodges blaster bolts fired at her.

With one hand on the chassis, Narsk reached behind and started firing. Darts lanced through the exhaust trail, just missing the stowaway, who angled her body to avoid them.

Kerra manages to avoid being killed by a slash to the back, only allowing a graze to her shirt. Saaj Calician remarks that she has to be a Jedi to move the way she did.

He'd only torn into the back of the dark-haired invader's jacket when she dived forward, tumbling out of the way. She was a Jedi. She had to be, to move like that.

Kerra is a very nimble leaper.

The regent advanced again, only to find her leaping nimbly to his right, forcing him to turn to follow.

Lightsaber/Fighting Skill

Kerra kills a soldier in a matter of seconds.

"Hey!"

Kerra looked up to see the glistening black eyes of a Nautolan trooper. One of Damian's soldiers, the green-skinned bruiser held a blaster rifle loosely in one hand--and a container of spice tightly in the other.

Without thinking, Kerra grabbed the surprised trooper's head-tentacles with either hand and yanked, pulling his head into her launching knee. The drug and weapon both flying from the brute's hands. Kerra drove her shoulder into his armored midsection, toppling him. Staying atop his crashing form, Kerra jammed a tentacle into his gaping mouth, stifling his cry.

The Nautolan's right hand slapped violently in the gravel, searching. Kerra found her weapon first. She ignited her lightsaber--and deactivated it again within the same second.

Kerra cuts down two Sith soldiers before they have the chance to turn and look at her.

Kerra launched down a rocky incline toward the crater floor, attracting the attention of two Sith soldiers at the perimeter. The armored warriors barely had time to look in her direction before she cut them down with a flash of brilliant green.

Kerra defeats three opponents on speeder bikes.

The flanking edge of Odion's first wave of swoop bike riders soared past, with three of the armored warriors breaking off to circle her. Parrying blaster shots with her lightsaber, Kerra closed with the nearest rider and pounced. Slashing the front control rods from the vehicle, Kerra twirled underneath, watching rider and vehicle plummet downward into an explosive crash.

She spun and spun again as the remaining riders closed with her, trying to get a bead on her while moving. The first rider, a Rodian, lost balance when a deflected blaster bolt knocked him from his seat; the second lost her helmeted head to Kerra's lightsaber.

Kerra fights and defeats Sith enforcers called Scarlet Riders on Byllura.

Here, even amid the workers scrambling to safety, there was a simple direction to events. Kerra, trying to chase Tan and Beadle's captors; and more Scarlet Riders than she could count trying to stop her.

Kerra bounded against a sandstone wall and leapt back into the fray, lancing toward her assailants. Their batons were alive with energy now, blades matching the color of their suits. But the weapons were only half the length of her lightsaber, the minimum required for herding workers. It forced her to abandon all the fancy lightsaber disciplines with names she could never remember anyway and fight free-form. That was the way she liked it. A female rider jabbed at her--and received a roundhouse kick followed by a deathblow. A hulking male rider leapt toward her from behind, stabbing downward; Kerra twirled and sliced backward, separating his sword arm from his body.

Kerra defeats Citizen Guards on Syned, people who have basic combat training and blaster resistant tunics.

Kerra pulled her lightsaber from one body only to embed it in another. Arkadia was letting her guards have their chance at her. Reflection Prospect had gone in a couple minutes from a place of peace to a killing zone.

She struggled to find somewhere to stand. New attackers replaced every one that fell. And deflecting blaster shots into them wasn't effective, she'd discovered. The fancy sash wasn't the only thing Arkadia issued her Citizen Guards; the electromesh tunics under their clothes took the punch out of blasterfire.

The Jedi leapt, winging another attacker. The accursed tunics were no match for her lightsaber, but they made it more difficult for her to withdraw it. She couldn't do with the body shots. This was messy enough work already.

Kerra defeats Saaj Calician, a Krevaaki who could wield six lightsabers and was a formidable opponent. Although for the main part of their fight he only utilized four because he threw two at Kerra, which she blocked away. She defeated him through cunning, agility, and her own skill.

Info on Calician:

But combat, his body remembered. And Dromika's command had unlocked talents he'd never had. Krevaaki were formidable fighters. But even the greatest Krevaaki Jedi, Vodo-Siosk Baas, had only used his two uppermost limbs to hold his battle-staff. Now tentacles that could not a lift a cup for Calician that morning were wielding lightsabers of their own.

After Calician throws his two lightsabers:

Calician lurched forward, tentacles whipping the lightsabers back and forth in a weaving motion. The Jedi lunged powerfully downward, glancing off the upper sabers before yanking her weapon back upward, singeing his facial tendrils. The regent advanced again, only to find her leaping nimbly to his right, forcing him to turn to follow. The more he turned, the farther she moved. The regent snarled. Moving in a circle kept him from bringing more than two of his weapons to bear at any one time.

The Krevaaki turned back the other direction suddenly, hoping to catch the Jedi off guard. But instead, she moved inward, grabbing one of his weaponless limbs with her spare hand and yanking. Knocked off balance, Calician fell--

--and found himself looking up at one of his tentacles, dead and unmoving in the Jedi's gloved hand. She'd severed it on the way down.

Kerra fights Sith Lord Arkadia who wields a double-bladed lightsaber staff, but their fight was interrupted when the room they were in was destroyed when a quarter of Diligence, a huge space freighter, impacted into the planet not too far off.

Arkadia.

The Sith Lord stood in the doorway to the left, her ornamented staff in both hands, her face smudged with smoke, her once-proud armor scratched and singed.

"I don't know what you've done or how you've done it," Arkadia said, activating the control transforming her staff into a double-bladed lightsaber. "But it stops here."

Kerra parried one lightsaber stroke after another, backing toward yet another doorway in the circular room. All the exits were locked from the outside, including the one she'd entered through. Arkadia had her trapped.

"You're little more than a Padawan," her opponent said, weapon whirling in her hands. "You don't know what you're dealing with. You've never known!"

The ruby blade came down, streaking against the ice floor. Leaping, Kerra bounded past the holoprojector pylon, which now provided the only cover in the room.

"You're not the first Sith I've faced," she said, fighting for time. "You're just another petty dictator, like the rest. You're not special."

"Don't compare me with them," Arkadia snapped. "Mine is an enlightened regime!"

Kerra laughed. "Well, it's true then, what I've always heard. An 'enlightened' Sith would kill her own grandmother!"

Ignoring the taunt, Arkadia raised her weapon high over her head and charged. Kerra darted out of the way, causing the tip of the Sith Lord's lightsaber to spark off the pylon.

"I'm just taking what's mine. What should have been mine!" Pressing a control on her weapon, Arkadia detached the ends from the meter-long staff, dropping the ornamented bar to the floor. One weapon had become two.

Kerra leapt, only to be repelled by Arkadia's gleaming defense. Incredibly, the woman seemed as coordinated with two lightsabers as with one, using the first to parry while preparing a counterstroke with the other. Forced back, Kerra fell, stumbling over the raised tiles set in the icy floor. Pressing her advantage, Arkadia brought both lightsabers forcefully against Kerra's green blade.

Straining in the crackling battle of strength, Kerra looked into her attackers' eyes. The calculating intelligence remained, but anger was taking hold.

"I was a fool to expect you yo help," Arkadia said, mashing her lightsabers against Kerra's. "Too smart by half. But it's done. The assassin is on his way." Shimmering red light danced across her face."They're both gone."

Eyes transfixed on Arkadia, Kerra suddenly caught a feeling through the Force. Both gone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ah, nice work. Can't wait to see the comic feats!

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I still got a lot of work to do, but thanks man! I can't wait to see them either! Haha

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Thanks Nova! You know if there's any pointers you or ILS or anyone can give, feel free to give them!

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@thevivas: Alright. I don't have much time, though.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@thevivas said:

You know if there's any pointers you or ILS or anyone can give, feel free to give them!

Layout is solid, no improvements there, other than making the novel excerpts in italics because it looks nicer :P

One thing I would do is transfer this thread over to a blog, and then publish the blog to general discussion. Looking at respect threads in blog view is always better than regular thread view, and if you ever make a respect thread list, you can link people to the blog instead of the thread. Plus having it in a blog means you just can't lose the thread, no matter what. Not necessary, just something I find useful.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: You and your italics man :P

I'll try that Blog idea though. I mean it does look nicer..... Lol