katana's sword vs healing factor and nth metal, adamantium

gokuisking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Since katana's blade is "mystical" its called soultaker. Can it negate the healing affect?, can it cut adamantium?. The sword has the souls of people its killed.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it hasn't shown to stop healing factors, then no.

Soul damage is usually different from what a normal healing factor repairs.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it hasn't shown to stop healing factors, then no.

Soul damage is usually different from what a normal healing factor repairs.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is this the sword that is stated to cut through anything and be unbreakable?

gokuisking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: you reckon it'll be able to cut adamantium. It is after all mystical? @sodamyat: yeah, that's what I read on her profile,

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SodamYat

@gokuisking: well then it seems obvious. its its magical and said to cut anything and be unbreakable then yes it can cut through adamantium.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: @gokuisking: silver samurai uses his power which could be called magical and he can't cut through adamantium, in truth theres no way to tell because theres two no limits its like the unstopplable force vs immovable object

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

@sodamyat said:

@gokuisking: well then it seems obvious. its its magical and said to cut anything and be unbreakable then yes it can cut through adamantium.

Not really, adamantium is unbreakable so you can't just say it can cut through something which is not breakable. Depends on the writer and even then it will never happen(different companies) I would put my money on it not going through adamantium.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

Not really, adamantium is unbreakable so you can't just say it can cut through something which is not breakable. Depends on the writer and even then it will never happen(different companies) I would put my money on it not going through adamantium.

where does it say its unbreakable? cause im pretty sure ive seen it been molded.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

@sodamyat said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

@sodamyat said:

where does it say its unbreakable? cause im pretty sure ive seen it been molded.

That is in liquid form, once solid it is pretty much unbreakable. I think there are different times of adamantium also.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SodamYat

@sodamyat said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

@sodamyat said:

That is in liquid form, once solid it is unbreakable. I think there are different times of adamantium also.

so then its not unbreakable. all you need to do is put it back to liquid form.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

@sodamyat said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

@sodamyat said:

That is in liquid form, once solid it is unbreakable. I think there are different times of adamantium also.

so then its not unbreakable. all you need to do is put it back to liquid form.

Depends on the time of adamantium it is, proto adamantium cannot be reverted back to liquid form.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: It is a concoction of various metals and other things that were meshed to together I think. That is why it is able to be shaped.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Generally Adamantium is unbreakable save for specific molecular based attacks based on feats. For example, Silver Samurai can cut through pretty much anything... except for Adamantium.

My guess based on best estimate is that Katana isn't cutting through Wolverine's skeleton or Captain America's shield. She'd probably cut through secondary Adamantium.

gokuisking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: okay your point seems legitimate, THOUGHT: didn't I read somewhere that adamantium has a certain "vulnerability" to magic?, I think I saw something about a certain sword namely "ebony blade" was able to cut it(<<<not 100% on that last statement. Also besides silver samurai who else has a "mystical" blade that wasn't able to cut through adamantium?

gokuisking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: good point, besides silver samurai who else wasn't able to cut through adamantium even though there blade was considered "mystical"

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuisking: Nobody has been to my knowledge.

Magneto affected the Adamantium in Wolverine's body on a molecular level.

The one "iffy" instance where a blade is involved is when the Serpent broke Captain America's shield during Feat Itself. But he's a skyfather and he had energy surrounding him and the attack. Likely that energy is what actually caused the break.

Nine times out of ten if somebody says Adamantium is broken, it's secondary Adamantium. Other instances generally have a lot of context involved, like when Cap's shield broke after the Heroes Reborn/Heroes Return story arcs.

My opinion is that in general, somebody like Katana, or Silver Samurai isn't breaking Adamantium.