Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

Hmm, what can I say about this movie. Well seeing that I'm not real "happy" about new–52, well, anything. Firstly, WHY THE F*CK is Darkseid about 30 feet tall. I mean in the comics, he's no midget, and even pre–52 he still like 8 feet, but this guys here is just huge. He would make Hulk look like a baby. Now the over all design of Darkseid is brilliant, with that touch of armor.

Character development was brilliant for some, while others was bland. Switching out Aquaman with Billy was a great mix, as it added variety and a great background story to both characters. Seeing Cyborg's back story and him and his father's development brought another dimension to the story. Now besides those two, everybody else was pretty 2 dimensional. Batman and Green Lantern did build a small character bond, but that was cut between scenes. Wonder Woman, Superman, and Flash appeared out of no where, and anyone that hasn't read up on the new 52, this is a downfall. Overall the fight scenes were great(well what would you expect from a DC animated film?), but some characters were slightly overpowered here; even the Batman vs Superman fight was spot on, Green Lantern was thrown around like a rag doll, which in reality he could hold his own, though still losing. Darkseid's healing factor was not shown to it's full effect, as shown when he gets stab. He really can just shrug that sword off like it was nothing, but do to them needing to add plot to the story, they had to give him some weakness.

Verdict

Overall, the movie was good, showing off the first new–52 animated film at it's finest. To mean, it is no Flashpoint Point Paradox or Crisis on Two Earth's, but it can still give you the entertainment a typical DC animated film can.

Overall: 7.9/10