Justice League: War (My Rant)

Eric8a92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Not sure what to really call it, rant or review. Perhaps a bit of both? We'll see as soon as I get going.

So after seeing it advertised inside comic books for the past several weeks, Justice League: War came out this week. I actually remembered the fact that it was finally released upon my visit to my comic shop to pick up my weekly titles where a DVD or Blu-Ray (probably Blu-Ray since DVD's aren't cool anymore it seems) copy was on sale behind the counter.

Let me start off by saying that it was brilliant. Pretty much non-stop action from the beginning, and it never really slows down, so you're strapped in for a stellar ride from start to finish. When Batman first speaks, I thought that he would sound like Bateman which kind of disappointed me, but that wasn't the case as the movie went on. The collaboration (if that's what you'd call it) between Batman and Green Lantern keep the story interesting, as if Batman is the one that keeps Hal in line and motivated as we later see before Batman intentionally allows himself to be taken in by the winged robot creatures to save Superman.

As far as appearances go, can't say that I like the way they did Wonder Woman and Superman. I didn't like Wonder Woman's outfit, and Superman had a thick throat, as well as a big face, and probably looked more childish than Billy Batson. Didn't like Superman's voice either. I guess I'm just too taken by Superman from the Justice League series and the self titled series from the 90's. The only improvement with Superman here was the fact that he wasn't wearing tights. Neither was Batman! It's hard to choose which character was displayed best as it would be between Batman, Green Lantern, Flash. And speaking of Flash, how great is it that they actually made him do more than just running around? It seemed to me that Shazam was perhaps the most useless. He just threw around balls of lightning.

I didn't do any reading ahead, so I didn't know what the story behind this was going to be. But I found it pretty cool that this was a different take on the creation of the Justice League as we see in the end. It's PG-13 if I'm not mistaken. While there is some minor cursing, I think it goes to some of the violent fighting that goes on (the whole stabbing Darkseid in the eyes thing). I would say that the only bad thing about this movie was the horrible way in which Wonder Woman and Superman were portrayed, but I was able to get over that to properly enjoy it to the end.

Avatar image for drmantistoboggan
DrMantisToboggan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eric8a92: you should read justice league volume 1 New 52

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Portrayal of Wonder Woman and Superman was fine. It was the ART-STYLE that bothered you.

By the way, tights are oldschool! Gotta get some padding and armor up in this bish.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved everything about the movie.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers