Justice League Movie Idea

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Or35ti

We all know that Warner Bros. and DC need to get their sh*t together when it comes to making movies. We all want a Justice League movie, but people think we need a Green Lantern movie, a Flash movie, a Wonder Woman movie and another Superman and Batman movie to establish a shared universe first. However no one wants to wait that long, and by the time Justice League is ready to come out like Avengers was, no one will really care anymore. So why not skips straight ahead to Justice League but make it two or even three parts? Like the Hobbit? Two 2 and a half hour movies gives the saga enough time to establish the lesser known characters, introduce the new versions of well known characters like Batman and Superman, and then still leave enough time for them to band together and kick some ass! They wouldn't be able to use Darkseid because he is too similar to Thanos and it'll look like they're ripping off of the Avengers even tho Darkseid came first, so who do you guys think the villain should be? What do you think the roster should be to provide an even balance? and what do you think of my idea?

I think I'm happy with a roster of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Flash, and maybe Aquaman. I think a seventh character would be too much and could be introduced later on when the franchise branches.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Lvenger

Rumour is that they're using the New 52 roster. That is, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Flash and Cyborg in place of Aquaman to add diversity. Nice idea though. And you've made two of these threads by the way.

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Or35ti

@Lvenger: Oh apologies then, haha. and thanks!

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By laabitres

they should use either the injustice league or brainiac as a villian or vandal savage with some villian support as well

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jorgevy

@Lvenger said:

Rumour is that they're using the New 52 roster. That is, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Flash and Cyborg in place of Aquaman to add diversity. Nice idea though. And you've made two of these threads by the way.

Cyborg in place of Aquaman to add diversity

Cyborg in place of Aquaman

in place of Aquaman

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! ARTHUUUUUUR!!!!

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Mucklefluga

@Lvenger: @Jorgevy: Isn't Cyborg in place of Martian Manhunter?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lvenger

@Jorgevy: You're an Aquaman fan I take it who believes he should have his day on the main League roster? If the rumour's true Aquaman will be the Ant Man of the Justice League.

@Mucklefluga: That's in the New 52 comics. There's also a rumour that the Justice League film that WB are in the process of considering/developing/producing will feature the New 52 roster with the exception of Aquaman in the film. The Avengers featured 6 members and I think WB are doing the same thing. That's what I meant.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mucklefluga

@Lvenger: Oh, right. As long as they feature the characters when they are young, a weaker Superman and the detective side of Batman i can live without Aquaman. Cyborg is so boring tho, why did DC choose to have him as a founding member???

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jorgevy

@Lvenger: ah crap. At least if he ends up being the Ant-Man of the JLA, then he will get a solo movie after the JLA movie

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lvenger

@Mucklefluga: It's just a rumour that's been unconfirmed at the moment. But if it is true, I share your sentiment as to why Cyborg has been made a founding member, both in the film and the comics. He's a Teen Titan through and through, his array of storylines and character developments come from there and Cyborg's placement on the League mucks up Wolfman's brilliant run on the Teen Titans. I wouldn't mind Cybrog graduating to becoming a League member but not as a founding member. If they want diversity, there's Black Lightning, Vixen and a whole other load of superheroes they could have picked.

GLforHIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GLforHIRE

@Lvenger: they used cyborg instead of the others u named for that exact same reason...hes known now...the reboot was done so the mainstream reader can pick up a comic and say hey i kno that character. thanks to the success teen titans had as a kid show..kids know who cyborg is more than black lightening, vixen etc...

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mucklefluga

@GLforHIRE: @Lvenger: I guess they'd rather go safe and get new readers/watchers and get more money by using Cyborg even if they annoy existing readers :(

Oh well, it's only a rumour.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lvenger

@GLforHIRE: Yeah but Vixen and Black Lightning have a history with the League. It would have made sense for them to be a founding member if diversity was needed. Cyborg wasn't created as a Justice Leaguer, he was created as a Titan. His relationships, issues, character development all stemmed from his Teen Titan membership and so far in Justice League, he hasn't come close to that level of character development. All the other Leaguers have a good backstory. Without Justice League, Cyborg would be nowhere in the DCU. Though I suppose they were bigging him up in Flashpoint for a reason.

@Mucklefluga: True it is only a rumour. We'll have to wait and see.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jorgevy

I hope they aren't taking out Aquaman in the movie just because people make jokes... because if it is, I'll hate WB a lot. LOT

GLforHIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GLforHIRE

@Mucklefluga: anyone who has been to comiccon knowns how loyal readers can be but yes their gonna spruce it up to draw in new people. loyal people buy specific things. New star struck fans go and buy anythig. Thats why they dumbed down Green Lantern so much.

@Lvenger: but thats what i'm saying, ur average reader doesnt know their history with the team because recently they've all been backround cannon fodder. Black lightening is actually badass and if u showed a kid on the street a picture of him they'd think hes static. Heck even statics costume was changed after that WB cartoon got big lol all about what sells best.

ratman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ratman19

i think im one of the few people who finds justice league dark cooler than the mainstream one.

Avatar image for thebigredcheese
TheBigRedCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheBigRedCheese

Aquaman being replaced by Cyborg? I hope that doesn't happen. Aquaman needs his time to shine on the big screen.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lvenger

@Jorgevy: @TheBigRedCheese: So far it's just a rumour but it is still out there nonetheless. I think if Cyborg were to replace Aquaman, it would be to add diversity to the League. At least that would be the official reason. Plus when aside from his 'talking to fish power' all he has is superhuman strength and there are two other Leaguers, Superman and Wonder Woman who have that in spades.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jorgevy

@Lvenger: not at all. If they put Aquaman into pre new52 levels, he has so much more. Atlantean technology, magic, hidrokinesis, human telepathy, and yes strenght, plus leaping, speed, durability. It's just a matter of DC wanting to make him more.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Twentyfive

So what if they made John Stewart the Founding GL member of the JL?

Would people go crazy?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jnr6Lil

They should use the animated series lineup.

Avatar image for thebigredcheese
TheBigRedCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheBigRedCheese

@Twentyfive: I'm sure someone would be upset, but I like John Stewart and I wouldn't mind that change.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lantern Prime

No Aquaman as a founding memeber?

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By Bestostero

wait what!?

So Cyborg replaces Martian Manhunter in the comics, but in the movies he's gonna take Aquaman's spot?

lame. lol

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Yeah I like John Stewart also.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Shawnbaby

@Or35ti said:

We all know that Warner Bros. and DC need to get their sh*t together when it comes to making movies. We all want a Justice League movie, but people think we need a Green Lantern movie, a Flash movie, a Wonder Woman movie and another Superman and Batman movie to establish a shared universe first. However no one wants to wait that long, and by the time Justice League is ready to come out like Avengers was, no one will really care anymore. So why not skips straight ahead to Justice League but make it two or even three parts? Like the Hobbit? Two 2 and a half hour movies gives the saga enough time to establish the lesser known characters, introduce the new versions of well known characters like Batman and Superman, and then still leave enough time for them to band together and kick some ass! They wouldn't be able to use Darkseid because he is too similar to Thanos and it'll look like they're ripping off of the Avengers even tho Darkseid came first, so who do you guys think the villain should be? What do you think the roster should be to provide an even balance? and what do you think of my idea?

I think I'm happy with a roster of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Flash, and maybe Aquaman. I think a seventh character would be too much and could be introduced later on when the franchise branches.

There is a flaw in your logic here. If DC were to make quality movies with the individual characters while establishing the groundwork for a Justice League movie, the excitement for a Justice League movie would grow. But if they continue to make throw away movies like Green Lantern...then no one will care. It took years to build up to an Avengers movie...but they did it the right way and because of that...The Avengers worked out well. Also if they do it right it won't take that long. It took Chris Nolan longer to make his Batman Trilogy (3 Movies, 7 years) than it did for Marvel to unroll the entire Avengers project (6 movies, 4 years).