Justice League Animated Series Comes Exclusively to Machinima

• 75 results
kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have never heard of Machinima or whatever you said this is called. What is it? Is it something that has started up in the past couple days?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@micah said:

@lvenger said:

On the one hand Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett doing this = good. Including the dark, gritty and needlessly grim vision of the New 52/DC's higher up executives = bad.Still, it'll definitely be better than the awful New 52 inspired animated films.

Not really. I think they should replace the word darker with realistic, since I think that's what they may be going for. Hopefully their personalities will be more modern without too much dark elements.

But why explicitly mention that these characters would be darker than they were before? Man of Steel tried to make Superman realistic and we all know how badly and controversial that turned out. Realistic superheroes almost always sap the fun out of the characters in the first place IMO.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By dimitridkatsis
No Caption Provided

edit: why don't gifs appear in medium size, needs some time after site maintenance?

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@captain13: You mean the guy who produced these scenes?

After having Flash getting made into a fool

Loading Video...

Superman not doing much besides punching stuff and flying off the handle like a idiot throughout the series and his big moment is him not holding back and then getting beaten anyway.

The GL and HG moments were pretty good I'll admit.

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Meh ...

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bout damn time

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By micah007123

@lvenger said:

@micah said:

@lvenger said:

On the one hand Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett doing this = good. Including the dark, gritty and needlessly grim vision of the New 52/DC's higher up executives = bad.Still, it'll definitely be better than the awful New 52 inspired animated films.

Not really. I think they should replace the word darker with realistic, since I think that's what they may be going for. Hopefully their personalities will be more modern without too much dark elements.

But why explicitly mention that these characters would be darker than they were before? Man of Steel tried to make Superman realistic and we all know how badly and controversial that turned out. Realistic superheroes almost always sap the fun out of the characters in the first place IMO.

Yeah but on the other hand people don't want kiddie, overly campy, immature, and family friendly stories and characters all the time. Adam West proved that. You can have realistic heroes and still have fun with them. I'm not saying Superman should have the same vibe as Batman, but I enjoyed the more realistic portrayal.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@lvenger said:

@micah said:

@lvenger said:

Yeah but on the other hand people don't want kiddie, overly campy, immature, and family friendly stories and characters all the time. Adam West proved that. You can have realistic heroes and still have fun with them. I'm not saying Superman should have the same vibe as Batman, but I enjoyed the more realistic portrayal.

But we were at a stage where we could have family friendly stories that still told realistic superhero stories. Bruce Timm's DCAU proved that much. The stories, world and heroes felt like they could be real places and yet there was a clear comic book inspiration to it all. That's how you do realistic superheroes, you put them in real world settings and have them react as characters would do in that situation. And what do you mean you enjoyed the more realistic portrayal of Superman?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@micah said:

@lvenger said:

@micah said:

@lvenger said:

But we were at a stage where we could have family friendly stories that still told realistic superhero stories. Bruce Timm's DCAU proved that much. The stories, world and heroes felt like they could be real places and yet there was a clear comic book inspiration to it all. That's how you do realistic superheroes, you put them in real world settings and have them react as characters would do in that situation. And what do you mean you enjoyed the more realistic portrayal of Superman?

I agree with that point. We need to find some sort of middle ground like what we saw in the DCAU and Justice League. The show took itself seriously without becoming dark, or overly depressing. When I say I enjoyed the portrayal of Superman I love how the whole point of Man of Steel was to show that their is still light in the dark. Despite how much of a dark image the movie gave, you still felt hope because while Superman wasn't a ray of sunshine just yet, he still did his best to stand for hope and justice. That's what I love about the movie, Superman is young, brash, and inexperienced, at this point seeing him journey from a loner to the eventual symbol of justice will be a great ride. Also I loved how they showed young Clark Kent struggle with his powers and to control them, I think those scenes were some of the most emotional in the movie.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Lvenger

@micah: I'll have to agree to disagree on the MOS points as I didn't find any of that in the film in the slightest. I felt no hope or inspiration, just depression and childhood heartbreak myself. It was soulless and emotionless to say the least.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Um, I'm pretty sure they said these are going to be alternate darker versions of the Trinity, not that they're actually going to make a darker Justice League story.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By micah007123

@lvenger said:

@micah: I'll have to agree to disagree on the MOS points as I didn't find any of that in the film in the slightest. I felt no hope or inspiration, just depression and childhood heartbreak myself. It was soulless and emotionless to say the least.

I respect your opinion, but I didn't think it was that bad. You have to admit, seeing him struggle as a child with controlling his godlike abilities was kinda heartbreaking in a good emotional way. But at least the sequel looks like it's getting a little brighter, the suit looks a little more friendly.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved MoS

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ok, I'm just going to go ahead and ask....What is Machinima? Is that something that needs to be subscribed to?

Machinima is a gaming network. They hire people to do stuff for them and in return, you get money. SO many youtubers complain about how low their payments are. lol

Avatar image for thebattlecalculatot
TheBattleCalculatot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Um, I'm pretty sure they said these are going to be alternate darker versions of the Trinity, not that they're actually going to make a darker Justice League story.

The quote is ambiguous in that regard and can be used either way I believe. Your version makes sense but so does mine. It could be both of what we're saying you know.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Why would Timm make a dark Justice League? It doesn't make sense, and before anyone brings up The New 52 I honestly can't say those versions are any "darker" than anything seen in the DCAU, where Superman did play a little rough with his most powerful enemies, Wonder Woman did try to kill at least one villain and Batman... well, Batman hasn't changed much, has he?

Not to mention, if they were playing this dark JL straight why would they announce it as a "darker" version? I never saw DC or WB refer to MoS as a "darker" Superman, more grounded, yes, more realistic, yes, but never darker, and this is because they know about the connotations of the word "dark", especially when it comes to superheroes. Just seems like a pretty big shot in the foot to me.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smashbrawler: The statement literally says "These are going to be darker versions of the Justice League than people are used to." I'd say that's as big a clarification as anything that it's going to be a dark show. And the DCAU had way more light than dark in it. Superman acted more like the Post Crisis Superman than he did New 52 Superman.

Warner Bros executives have been rumoured as saying that they wanted Superman to be more like Batman. They want him to sell and be more popular and they want that to happen by any means necessary, even if they distort the character in the process. And whilst it may be a big shot in the foot, dark, gritty and edgy are the flavour of popular culture and fictional medium.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@smashbrawler: The statement literally says "These are going to be darker versions of the Justice League than people are used to." I'd say that's as big a clarification as anything that it's going to be a dark show.

I'm not saying the Justice League in this show won't be dark, that much is obvious, what I am saying is that these won't be the "main" Justice League but an alternate one, much like the Justice Lords. Where did they first show up anyway? I think it was a certain Justice League show...

And the DCAU had way more light than dark in it.

Well, duh, it is a cartoon, there's just so much they can get away with.

Superman acted more like the Post Crisis Superman than he did New 52 Superman.

Well of course, NuSuperman didn't exist back then. The point I wanted to get across is that The New 52 JL isn't as dark as people make them out to be, so if anyone tries to say "oh the Trinity will be darker here because of The New 52" then that's not a very strong argument (hell, by this point in previous continuity Superman had already killed three villains whereas the new one has only killed one person and it doesn't really count).

Warner Bros executives have been rumoured as saying that they wanted Superman to be more like Batman. They want him to sell and be more popular and they want that to happen by any means necessary, even if they distort the character in the process.

How could Superman be like Batman in this version if Batman is supposed to be darker too?

And whilst it may be a big shot in the foot, dark, gritty and edgy are the flavour of popular culture and fictional medium.

And again, they've never announced an actual dark reboot as "dark". It's simply not a marketable word. The world of Injustice was described as dark because it was supposed to be unpleasant but MoS wasn't because it was the only world the movie took place in (and even though I liked the movie there's no way I wouldn't describe it as a somewhat darker Superman, not Vertigo-dark but still not lighthearted).

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@captain13: You mean the guy who produced these scenes?

After having Flash getting made into a fool

Loading Video...

Superman not doing much besides punching stuff and flying off the handle like a idiot throughout the series and his big moment is him not holding back and then getting beaten anyway.

The GL and HG moments were pretty good I'll admit.

98 seconds of mistakes in 75+ hours of programming? Okay...

Batman was taken down several times as well, so?

Superman was the most powerful league member as shown in "For the Man Who Has Everything..."

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So both Bruce Timm and Machinima, huh…

I’ll pass.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darker confuses and annoys me. Batman is already dark enough and it's very hard to make someone like Superman or Wonder Woman dark without making them a ruined version. I can only assume they mean more realistic which is also a turn off. Announcing Bruce Timm is awesome, another stupid attempt to make awesome characters not isn't.

True to make Superman Dark is to kill the character he is a bright light in a dark world as it is. One of the defining things about the man of steel is his will power against the night. Superman and Wonder Women are fine as is. A great story puts characters together and we see them fight a never ending horde of darkness only to come out better for it and even bring about new ally's in the war against the forces of the night. Would love to see them do justice to Superman and Wonder Women that would be a nice breath of fresh air worth breathing in.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Spiderman1997

@lvenger: It's good to know that at least someone agrees with me.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Fallingcliffs

Nice! As a big MK and DC fan, MK L was awesome. And we all know DC is great at animated shows/films so this is big win plus Bruce Timm? Can't wait!

Sidenote, how are the newer animated films based off the New 52 awful? Nonsense, they'e awesome. If you don't want or like Dark, stick to the kiddy Avengers show...or Marvel in general.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@night4345: Ok...apparently That's an anti-flash compilation, what about these feats? Remember though, the Animated series nerfed EVERYONE except Batman...Superman, Flash, MMH especially were portrayed far weaker than they are in the comics.

Flash saves the world.

Loading Video...

Flash joking around and dodging then throws Evil Superman from Justice Lords Alternate Universe.

Loading Video...

Flash running into the Sun(Even Superman admits he can't fly that fast)

Loading Video...

Flash owning JL(while Lex's mind is in Wally's body, Wally is more than capable of doing all of this he just doesn't)

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

4:50 in Flash takes out two thanagarians with just his arms, Tails wins...

Loading Video...

Pretty sure the same writers also wrote those Flash feats...just saying ;)