Just watched Son of Batman (little to no spoilers)

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It was actually pretty good for the most part despite them taking massive liberties with the story and general DC canon.

Positives:

Killer Croc was actually competent

Batman took a bit of a back seat

All of the voice acting was delivered well

Good animation

Deathstroke wasn't the total badass who can't be beat by anybody

No boring moments

Ra's was actually badass

Negatives:

Damian was just kind of a prick, not nearly as awesome as his comic self was

Ra's get's taken out like a fodder

Talia just kinda kinda says "Hey Batman you know that time when I drugged you, yeah that was great right. Well you got me pregnant. I've got some stuff to deal with right now so here's your son, bye".

Deathstroke challenges Ra's to a fight, its lasts all of 2 seconds because Deathstroke decides to run away for what the hell ever reason.

Some of the voices didn't really seem to fit the characters

Too many subplots causing the last 10 minutes to get really convoluted

The hierarchy of fighting skill makes no sense

Two weird and lame lines form Croc and Talia Killer Croc who was on a special steroids on the time manages to pin batman then says "You know the thing about Drugs, they really give you the munchies" then he try's biting him. Talia stops him saying "I'm the only one who can bite him" which makes me wonder about some of Batman's fetishes.

Arrows can blow up helicopters

Nuetral:

Ninja Man-Bats

The ending

The story

So long story short it was for the most part good, but nothing special.

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's kinda what I figured it would be did you get a screener or is it up on pirate bay?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Batman took a bit of a back seat

Why is this a good thing?

What?

Ra's was actually badass

Contradicts what you say later, but ok.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: its a good thing because the movie was called son of batman meaning it was really about Damian and giving Damian the spotlight. And he meant that Deathstroke was easily beaten here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit: I think Slade started to run away from ras because the building was exploding

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

As Jayc said the movie should focus on Damian more, which it did.

What?

I find it refreshing to have Deathstroke actually be beatable and not Identity Crisis type BS where's just lol stomping everybody. I've seen that enough times, it's nice to have the opposite this one time where he's below his normal comic book self.

Contradicts what you say later, but ok.

How? Ra's doesn't get nearly as much respect. Anyways he gets taken out with the first 5 minutes in the crappiest way possible.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@binski: My friend gave me a disk with it on it. Whether or not he downloaded it, i'm not sure. I wouldn't be surprised if it got leaked like war did and he just downloaded it. Like I said though I'm unaware of the means.

@jayc1324 Well it was one of his own helicopters, he probably could have delayed blowing up the building. It just seems kind of lazy for them to set up the fight and end it so suddenly. Deathstroke before that was saying how Ra's was doing well against his fodder, but he wouldn't do so well against him. He attacks, Ra's stops him then he just up and leaves. It almost like he was expecting to just kill him with the first the first attack, but realized Ra's was actually a challenge. Then just said screw this I'm just going to blow you up because you're too tough for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was ok.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Marionettegeist

@binski: It's on the bay.

@skit said:

@farkam said:

As Jayc said the movie should focus on Damian more, which it did.

I was kind of hoping it would focus more on Batman meeting and dealing with his son, their relationship, the difficulty of all of a sudden finding yourself a trained killers father, and the idea of having Batman, of all people, as your dad. In addition to the more action oriented main plot, of course.

Yeah, Deathstroke wasn't overpowered, but he kind of sucked. He never really felt that threatening, despite being the main villain, and his voice actor didn't fit at all.

The animation felt really choppy and kind of cheap to me.

Decent movie overall, but not really of the quality I used to expect from DC's animated films.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I liked it.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

DS got trashed by a little kid and Batman didn't even act like he was a threat. But it was decent mostly cause Nightwing. Its my least favorite DC film tho.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DS got trashed by a little kid and Batman didn't even act like he was a threat. But it was decent mostly cause Nightwing. Its my least favorite DC film tho.

n.w. didnt do anything! i wish he did more

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By judasnixon
No Caption Provided

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit: ugh, that doesn't sound I would enjoy that scene with DS lol I agree with you DS in IC was horrible, but DS should easily beat someone like Damien or Batman or Ras. So, hope Damian cheated or something...

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I was kind of hoping it would focus more on Batman meeting and dealing with his son, their relationship, the difficulty of all of a sudden finding yourself a trained killers father, and the idea of having Batman, of all people, as your dad. In addition to the more action oriented main plot, of course.

Yeah, Deathstroke wasn't overpowered, but he kind of sucked. He never really felt that threatening, despite being the main villain, and his voice actor didn't fit at all.

Decent movie overall, but not really of the quality I used to expect from DC's animated films.

Everything that you said.

Also, as an aside, I know that it is a tired point but I was very offput by the film's attempts to be more adult. All of the unnecessary and unrealistic bloodshed as well as some of the vulgarity makes me reluctant to show this to my siblings. One of the nice things about previous DC films is that they could be enjoyed by all ages while maintaining more adult plots and themes. It seems like DC is trying to escape from the former category, unfortunately.

The film wasn't bad. But it was a huge waste of opportunity. As a big fan of Damian and his relationship with Bruce, I felt that the writers really missed their mark.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Marionettegeist

@supbatz said:

@marionettegeist said:

Everything that you said.

Also, as an aside, I know that it is a tired point but I was very offput by the film's attempts to be more adult. All of the unnecessary and unrealistic bloodshed as well as some of the vulgarity makes me reluctant to show this to my siblings. One of the nice things about previous DC films is that they could be enjoyed by all ages while maintaining more adult plots and themes. It seems like DC is trying to escape from the former category, unfortunately.

I feel like, nowadays, people have a tendency to mistake excessive blood and sexuality, for mature storytelling, when, usually, it tends to be the opposite. They're so intent on showing how "adult" they are, the actual content is becoming more childish, and less meaningful.

The film wasn't bad. But it was a huge waste of opportunity. As a big fan of Damian and his relationship with Bruce, I felt that the writers really missed their mark.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movie was terrible.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rogueshadow  Moderator

Poor villain, poor characterisation, poor voice work/choices, poor animation, poor fight choreography. I thought it was terrible to be frank.

At least we have Batman: Assault on Arkham to look forward to.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@skit said:

All of the voice acting was delivered well

Good animation

No boring moments

Ra's was actually badass

1. The voice acting was soulless and stale. All the lines where delivered without passion and the actors voice range were minimal to say the best. Of course the horrible dialogue didn't help the actors too.
  2. What the rediculous excuse of animation with over the top fights,blood instead of good choreography, and buffed-up anime figures is good now?
  3. And that is so out of character, I mean he was beaten by Damian, DAMIAN! His strategic mind was non-existant, his powers were non-existant, his skills were non-existant. This was no Slade.
  4. A lot boring moments, every time Alfred was of screen this movie was boring.
  5. No he was fodder, nothing badass about it.
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_stegman  Moderator

I feel like they tried to show Damian is really skilled and went over board, really, having him cut Deathstroke's eye out is ridiculous. He should have trashed that kid.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller: Really? I felt like it was just one huge action scene.

But I'm probably just butthurt over the exclusion of Aquaman.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120: It kinda was but I was ok with it. I like how they gave everyone their spotlight in the movie. And it is a bummer Author got kicked to the curb.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Guardiandevil83

This movie is like a really bad kung fu film from the 70's. It is awesome!

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was underwhelmingly weak, seriously hope DC Animation can get its act together.

Also, it had the worst Deathstroke adaptation and quite possibly one of the worst versions of the character.

Toastergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Toastergeist

I haven't seen it yet.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dick an Alfred. Only good things about this movie.