#1 Edited by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

I have avoided reading it after all the rants and bad reviews, but... oh well, the art was very shuny, and as a battle forum addict I was curious.

Anyway, all I wanted to say was in the end it really didn't restore mutant kind like it said, but it turned many normal humans to mutates. A mutant is born with the mutation. A mutate is a normal human who get a mutation. I don't think this has been mentioned, but sorry if it was.

#2 Posted by Dark Noldor (547 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see it that way: the Phoenix power released has "woken up" all the x-genes dorment after House of M's "No more mutants". It's the appearence of new mutants, whose powers never manifested before because of Wanda's spell, and not normal people becoming mutates, though it was a good theory from you.

#3 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

It didn't turn people to mutates, it woke up mutant powers that never would have come out otherwise.

#4 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

It didn't do any of these things, what it did was prove that Marvel do not care any more, and that the continuing purchase of anything related to that story makes one a terrible person. 

#5 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: @Dark Noldor: Doesn't matter, they are powerless people turned super-powered.

I still think it is stupid to consider people with super-powers with a species. In the wise words of my 8 year-old brother, "They are making more super-people so they won't feel alone", lol. That's the problem with combining different stories in cross-overs. Examples, the issue in X-men is racism obviously, but nothing ever like that was in other stories like fantastic four or Avengers where there was "race-hatred" towards super-powered people. Oh well, it is a good marketing strategy to adertise different stories in each-other.

@FadeToBlackBolt: Didn't buy it, a friend gave'em away for free, so I guess he is a bad person. I'll tell him :b

#6 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@InnerVenom123: @Dark Noldor: Doesn't matter, they are powerless people turned super-powered.

I still think it is stupid to consider people with super-powers with a species. In the wise words of my 8 year-old brother, "They are making more super-people so they won't feel alone", lol. That's the problem with combining different stories in cross-overs. Examples, the issue in X-men is racism obviously, but nothing ever like that was in other stories like fantastic four or Avengers where there was "race-hatred" towards super-powered people. Oh well, it is a good marketing strategy to adertise different stories in each-other.

@FadeToBlackBolt: Didn't buy it, a friend gave'em away for free, so I guess he is a bad person. I'll tell him :b

I've said before, this whole, "Let's keep Xavier's dream of peaceful cohabitation alive" things is so easy that the real problem is creating a reason for people to hate mutants... Consider the following"

• A man who is agile, with super strength, that can stick to walls... Do we hate him because he's a mutant?

Did you think I was talking about Spider-man? Nope... There's Anole, Toad, and .....

• A man who heals just by concentrating and willing the victim to health

Did you think I was talking about Dr. Strange (not a mutant) or Elixir (mutant)

• A super hero who flies!

Um... Captain Marvel or Angel.... Nova or Rogue...

I could go on and on and on, but the point is the same one your 8 year old brother was making... They're just more super powered people...

#7 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm: I know all that, you just gave examples. It was a crappy excuse to get them to fight(AVX). The last 2 pages where Squirl Girl and Pixie were accidintly mind controlling everyone with those chest peices they found was better, lol, even if it was a humor thing.

#8 Posted by Dernman (15111 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm

Actually I didn't think of him at all. :p

I'm going to be that guy for a second and say Rogue can't fly. >__> 

#9 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like for it to be revealed that 1 in 3 babies die because of the X-gene. The babies who survive have a X% chance of dying once their mutation comes about, making people hate mutants because they represent the death of their children.

#10 Edited by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@Timandm: I know all that, you just gave examples. It was a crappy excuse to get them to fight(AVX). The last 2 pages where Squirl Girl and Pixie were accidintly mind controlling everyone with those chest peices they found was better, lol, even if it was a humor thing.

Sadly, Squirrel Girl and Pixie controlling everyone with chess pieces, actually made MORE sense... LOL!

@Dernman said:

@Timandm:

Actually I didn't think of him at all. :p

I'm going to be that guy for a second and say Rogue can't fly. >__>

Well.. She used to... and she does fly once in a while if she absorbs the right power... But you still got my point, I think...