Jungle comics

rasx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By rasx

I'm a big fan of Jungle comics, you know the exotic animals, men and women swinging on vines, wearing loin cloth. But every time I try to get into a Jungle book it seems to get canceled after a few issues. So why don't people read more Jungle comics and what options are there for Jungle fans right now, besides Dynamites Lord of the Jungle?

We need more Tarzan, Phantom, Sheena and Ka-Zar, books out there.

Yai_Inn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Yai_Inn

@rasx: Savage Wolverine. Stars Wolverine teamed up with Sheena in the Savage Land. With Wolverine the title character it shouldn't be in danger of being cancelled any time soon.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Jorgevy

@Yai_Inn said:

@rasx: Savage Wolverine. Stars Wolverine teamed up with Sheena in the Savage Land. With Wolverine the title character it shouldn't be in danger of being cancelled any time soon.

rasx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rasx

@Yai_Inn said:

I think the Marvel version is called Shanna and there seems to be two, one is married to Ka-Zar and one's on a lost island.

The second arc of Savage Wolvie, has Elektra and Spiderman and has nothing to do with the jungle.

Alton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Alton

@Yai_Inn said:

I normally folow Kazar/ Savage Land type stories,but the concept what little there was behind Savage Wolverine was so monumentally stupid I said screw this.This is probably why the story arc has changed to some even more pointless Wolverine/Spiderman crossover crapola probably to keep the profile of both high because of their respective movies.Cho (if he's still on this disaster) is an artist first not a writer and I lost out on Guns and Dinos so he could waste everybody's time with Marvels worst character in what is usually Cho's best setting.

Yai_Inn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Yai_Inn

@Alton: Agree to disagree. I like Lovecraftian themes and I feel that Cho is doing an excellent job balancing this element with typical comic book cheesecake. It's a fun read and a fresh take for wolverine, it doesn't need to be taken seriously.

Alton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Alton

Don't be offended I like your jungle themed thread and I hope others bring up some more examples but I want my Guns and Dino's not this Wolverine stuff. I'm only guessing it was held up because Cho took on Savage Wolverine.

rasx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rasx

Cho should bring back his creator owned Jungle Girl comic.

No Caption Provided
Alton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Alton

@rasx said:

No Caption Provided

Cho should bring back his creator owned Jungle Girl comic.

You got it dude.Unfortunately I got the impression that at least one recent run of this had Cho on covers only.I want him on the whole book.Hopefully,there are other creators out there that might come up with something because among creators there seems to be affection for retro themes with a modern kick.Not exactly Jungle but are you going to follow the new Neozoic mini from Red 5? Not sure if the creator is looking at a longer run of Neozoic in the future.What the heck happened to Cadillacs and Dinosaurs by the way? It seems to me that Kubert's Tor could use a jungle babe or two.I wonder what Andy might do with that character now that Dad is gone?

RaceAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RaceAddict

@rasx said:

The second arc of Savage Wolvie, has Elektra and Spiderman and has nothing to do with the jungle.

Bummer. I guess that's one to cut from my pull-list after #5...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

@rasx: Out of curiosity, have you read any of the Jungle Adventure comics published by Atlas?

rasx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rasx

@guttridgeb said:

@rasx: Out of curiosity, have you read any of the Jungle Adventure comics published by Atlas?

No, are they any good?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

@rasx: I don't know, I was going to ask you the same thing if you had read them :P

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Veshark

Only jungle comic I've read is Kirby's Devil Dinosaur. Can't go wrong with a prehistoric boy riding a giant red dinosaur fighting invading aliens. Fun comic, that one.

Does Black Panther count?

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#15  Edited By turoksonofstone

Yes. jungle comics.