D00MSMITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By D00MSMITH
No Caption Provided

Juggernaut is one of the most established powerhouses in Marvel and possibly the only brawler who can engage the Hulk for all eternity. Besides his vast strength and complete physical invulnerability, he is completely unstoppable for all intents and purposes (Excluding plot devices like War Hulk, God Blast or Onslaught).

Or is he? There is one thing that he is possibly susceptible to....gravity.

Throughout his entire career, Juggernaut has always been shown to come back to ground whenever he loses contact with it, for example- his clash with Onslaught or Skaar. What if he were to jump? Will he really escape earth and travel to far reaches of space for all eternity? These are my views.

In my opinion, sometimes the story does not show gravity appropriately...I'm talking about magical enchantments on mjolnir.

No Caption Provided

There is no such thing as zero gravity, even in space there must be a negligible resultant gravitational field, Red Hulk should not even budge the hammer.

I am also suspicious of why Juggernaut never tries to jump, let alone emulate Hulk's leaps. Perhaps, he is afraid of jumping, hinting at a past incident (speculation). This suggests that he does have a weakness that no one has exploited throughout the years.

If his weight does stop him from hovering (as his past showing against Onslaught and Skaar suggest), there will be this irony that instead of relentless efforts of Hercules, Hulk and Thor combined, the force that takes to slow him down is so negligible that wolverine can apply it-his weight. Think about it, he weighs around a ton, and the gravitational force exerted by earth is sufficient to stop him. This makes him a lot less dangerous. Graviton, Silver Surfer and possibly Thor and black bolt can all use gravity against him.

Maybe he simply does not realize this aspect of his power, who else has ever been juggernaut, colossus?

It is extremely likely that his being unstoppable is solely due to an additional magical enchantment on his physical strength, when he loses contact with the ground, he cannot exert any physical force making him susceptible to gravity whereas on ground he can always push the ground back. This is really likely because it has been consistent with most of his showings. (One of the exceptions being Red Hulk stopping a punch from colossonaut in AvX Vs #3)

What do you guys think?