Josh Trank confirms photo of "The Thing" is the real deal?

• 62 results
MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By MatthewParker

What do you guys think? are you excited for this movie at all?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I think the suit looks kind of cool. Can't say I'm particularly excited about the film in general, based on everything else I've heard.

Avatar image for innovationincarnate
InnovationIncarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I agree. The design looks cool to me.

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Color looks muted, unless if they're going to give for a more orange color, I don't like it.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cream_God

Not gonna lie, that looks like a turd :/ hopefully CGI and what not makes it look better and the movie rocks

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

That looks really cool.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I really like it.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I think the suit looks kind of cool. Can't say I'm particularly excited about the film in general, based on everything else I've heard.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thedailybagel  Moderator

Hopefully they add some orange on to it. So far it looks more like korg.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Needs orange but otherwise looks fine.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I don't know, something about the eyes is bugging me....

Hopefully the design will grow on me before the movie's released.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully they add some orange on to it. So far it looks more like korg.

My thoughts as well.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rogueshadow  Moderator

Watch this be the best CBM movie of 2015.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: With Age of Ultron being 2015 I just don't see it.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Looks really good to me, much better than the 2005 movie

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rogueshadow  Moderator

@feartheliving said:

AoU will be great, but I just have a feeling in my gut that this will just blow everybody away, I used to think it was going to be awful.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That looks really awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Mixed feelings...

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Even if it's awesome it'll still be another retelling of an origin (Unless they've come out and said they're skipping that) which brings it down a bit. Personally I can't help but hope it fails, I'd be perfectly fine with Fox keeping just the team but I want Marvel to get skrulls and Galactus and everything else that comes with the FF. That being said I'll still see it with an open mind.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rogueshadow  Moderator

@feartheliving said:

@rogueshadow: Even if it's awesome it'll still be another retelling of an origin (Unless they've come out and said they're skipping that) which brings it down a bit. Personally I can't help but hope it fails, I'd be perfectly fine with Fox keeping just the team but I want Marvel to get skrulls and Galactus and everything else that comes with the FF. That being said I'll still see it with an open mind.

Origins have never bothered me the way they do other people, Iron Man, Spider-man and Batman Begins are three of the best CBM movies.

The thing is, if Marvel get rights back to the X-Men, FF, Spider-man etc, they won't be able to make films like Ant-Man, GOTG and Black Panther, we wouldn't Wolverine spin offs and Spider-man villain sequels, since Marvel can only make two films a year, so until Marvel gets bigger, I'd rather Fox and Sony have various rights.

I'd definitely rather see Galactus, the Skrulls etc there's really no point having the FF without them.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I just mean because we've seen the origins of the FF before. I happen to like origins if they haven't been told.

Well sure, but I didn't mention the others right now I'd be happy with just FF going back to Marvel and like I said that less about the FF themselves and more so what comes with them. Not to mention hasn't it been confirmed that Marvel is doing three films in 2017 or 2018?

Well they go hand in hand with the FF, but they also play parts in Marvel as a whole so I'd rather have them in the fold them limiting them to Fox's 1 franchise, maybe with X-Men if they actually decide to connect it somehow.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'The Fantastic Four' Movie Won’t Be Based On The Comic Book'.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/kate-mara-says-the-fantastic-four-movie-wont-be-based-on-the-comic-book-20140715

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rogueshadow  Moderator

@feartheliving: We've seen the FF story told badly.

I'd much rather see the Skrulls, Impossible Man etc with the FF, there's really no point in doing them without their villains. Yeah, Marvel are getting bigger, but right now they can only make two a year, maybe in ten years they could make four or five, at which point it might be nice to see them get these characters, but right now, I'd rather see all of these different characters make it to the screen, if sacrificing interconnectivity is the price of that, then I don't really mind. There's no way we could get all of the cool B,C & D list movies we're expecting if Marvel had the rights to the FF, we almost certainly wouldn't have a GOTG, we probably wouldn't have Iron Man.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FearTheLiving

@rogueshadow: Your using the mentality as if they had these characters from the start. They didn't. I'm looking at them getting the FF back as beneficial to their current plan. In fact now that they have Guardians of the Galaxy they have their cosmic stuff going a lot of which is tied up with the FF. You keep lumping in X-Men and Spider-man all I'm saying is the FF and their characters/enemies/aliens that come with them. There are whole races Marvel can't use because they appeared in FF first, so it hurts/limits the stories they can tell unless they want to alter it. Not to mention a lot of those villains have been major villains to the entire Marvel Universe not just the FF so to have them in their pocket would benefit the whole cinematic universe, not just another movie franchise like the FF.

Also even if the Fantastic Four origin movie was terrible they had one, so unless they make it different enough where it doesn't resemble it or skip past it it's not going to feel fresh. That's why it would stack up to the Avengers 2 where they have full freedom right now not to retell anything and have the majority of their characters set up so they can just focus on telling an awesome story. Again not saying it's a bad thing necessarily just that it's harder to compete with something that is just building rather then rebuilding if you get what I'm trying to say.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

This movie is going to dominate and I'll get to laugh at all the haters and pseudo fans who wish for it to fail.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I'm not exactly looking forward to this I'll never understand the mentality of wanting something to fail. It just makes no sense whatsoever to me.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: Your using the mentality as if they had these characters from the start. They didn't. I'm looking at them getting the FF back as beneficial to their current plan. In fact now that they have Guardians of the Galaxy they have their cosmic stuff going a lot of which is tied up with the FF. You keep lumping in X-Men and Spider-man all I'm saying is the FF and their characters/enemies/aliens that come with them. There are whole races Marvel can't use because they appeared in FF first, so it hurts/limits the stories they can tell unless they want to alter it. Not to mention a lot of those villains have been major villains to the entire Marvel Universe not just the FF so to have them in their pocket would benefit the whole cinematic universe, not just another movie franchise like the FF.

Also even if the Fantastic Four origin movie was terrible they had one, so unless they make it different enough where it doesn't resemble it or skip past it it's not going to feel fresh. That's why it would stack up to the Avengers 2 where they have full freedom right now not to retell anything and have the majority of their characters set up so they can just focus on telling an awesome story. Again not saying it's a bad thing necessarily just that it's harder to compete with something that is just building rather then rebuilding if you get what I'm trying to say.

The fact is, I'd rather see the Fantastic Four villains with the Fantastic Four, they are intrinsically tied to the Fantastic Four, you seem to want to hurt the FF franchise for the sake of the MCU, even though the MCU has far more villains they can draw upon, they don't need the FF's villains, whereas the FF do.

If they get them back now, if they got them back in 2008, it doesn't matter, don't you see that it limits the number of CBMs we can get? Whereas before we could have had Black Panther & TFF, now all we get is TFF.

As to the origin story thing, it's quite fallacious, ASM was good, Batman reboots were good, Man of Steel was good, there's little correlation between the quality of reboots and the quality of originals in CBM's, and it's definitely not predicated on the fact it's being remade, especially among us comic fans, we already know their story anyway.

It seems like you just don't care about the Fantastic Four having good films of their own, and basically just want their villains in the MCU despite the fact it would basically crush the FF and not give anything to the MCU that they really need.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FearTheLiving

@feartheliving said:

The fact is, I'd rather see the Fantastic Four villains with the Fantastic Four, they are intrinsically tied to the Fantastic Four, you seem to want to hurt the FF franchise for the sake of the MCU, even though the MCU has far more villains they can draw upon, they don't need the FF's villains, whereas the FF do.

If they get them back now, if they got them back in 2008, it doesn't matter, don't you see that it limits the number of CBMs we can get? Whereas before we could have had Black Panther & TFF, now all we get is TFF.

As to the origin story thing, it's quite fallacious, ASM was good, Batman reboots were good, Man of Steel was good, there's little correlation between the quality of reboots and the quality of originals in CBM's, and it's definitely not predicated on the fact it's being remade, especially among us comic fans, we already know their story anyway.

It seems like you just don't care about the Fantastic Four having good films of their own, and basically just want their villains in the MCU despite the fact it would basically crush the FF and not give anything to the MCU that they really need.

You don't seem to be getting my points at all.
You don't seem to be getting my points at all.

I'm not saying remove them from the Fantastic Four, I'd preferably want both the team and what comes with them in the MCU. You seem to think that I want them to just take the FF villains and leave them high and dry I don't. I just want the MCU to be able to use their villains in a large scale like they do in the comics/games, all the time. How often have you see Dr Doom threaten the entire Marvel Universe? A bunch and it's awesome. So yeah if I can get the Fantastic Four and their villains in the MCU I would. And again it's not just the villains their are entire alien races and home worlds that first appeared in FF. Secret Invasion with Skrulls, hell the badoons couldn't appear in GotG because of the FF rights issue. I'm envisioning a greater scale that both the Fantastic Four the the Marvel Cinematic Universe would benefit from, both with new characters and the Fantastic Four team.

And who says they have to put FF into the fold right away? Who says they can't set up the FF within other movies? Have Hank Pym consult with Reed Richards, The Thing tackling The Hulk, ect. Just Because they can only do 2-3 movies a year doesn't equal "WE MUST STOP EVERYTHING AND DO NOTHING BUT FANTASTIC FOUR MOVIES!!" (in robot voice).

Again I never said they couldn't be good in fact I said the opposite at this point I'm questioning if you're reading my responses. I merely said as a movie its harder to compete with a movie that's already established. As to your original statement that it'll be the best CBM of 2015.

On the contrary I'd love the Fantastic Four to have good films, why can't they have good films while also benefiting the MCU as a whole? Not liking Fox doesn't make me hate Fantastic Four. Like I also already said (Do I look like a broken record cause you're making me look like one with all this repeating myself) I will see it for myself and see if it's good. As of now however the 2 FF films they made were terrible with very few redeeming qualities and a severe lack content they could have pulled from.

I hope that clears everything up if not too bad because I'm not about to rewrite it for a third time.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Stopped reading after the first bit because:

@feartheliving said:

@rogueshadow: Even if it's awesome it'll still be another retelling of an origin (Unless they've come out and said they're skipping that) which brings it down a bit. Personally I can't help but hope it fails,I'd be perfectly fine with Fox keeping just the team but I want Marvel to get skrulls and Galactus and everything else that comes with the FF. That being said I'll still see it with an open mind.

No.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FearTheLiving

@rogueshadow: I was referring to sharing them like people have been proposing spider-man why would I actually mean they just have the team with zero villains the makes zero sense. Also hence be clarifying it further in later posts when you didn't get it.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: I was referring to sharing them like people have been proposing spider-man why would I actually mean they just have the team with zero villains the makes zero sense.

You lucidly said Fox keep the team and Marvel get the villains, don't blame me for articulating your point poorly.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

It kind of grosses/creeps me out, but I guess that's probably half the point.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Did I say I blamed you for anything? You questioned my point I answered it. That wasn't the only point that we were discussing that needed further clarification however...

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving said:

@rogueshadow: I was referring to sharing them like people have been proposing spider-man why would I actually mean they just have the team with zero villains the makes zero sense.

You lucidly said Fox keep the team and Marvel get the villains, don't blame me for articulating your point poorly.

Also that's debatable I'm extremely tired as I've been up all night.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: Did I say I blamed you for anything? You questioned my point I answered it. That wasn't the only point that we were discussing that needed further clarification however...

You clearly implied I was being illogical in assuming you meant they just have the team, even though that is what you said, and then stated I didn't get it.

@rogueshadow: I was referring to sharing them like people have been proposing spider-man why would I actually mean they just have the team with zero villains the makes zero sense. Also hence be clarifying it further in later posts when you didn't get it.

Although you edited in the second sentence in after I'd responded. I don't want to discuss this any further with you, agree to disagree.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SilverPool

lol

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving said:

You clearly implied I was being illogical in assuming you meant they just have the team, even though that is what you said, and then stated I didn't get it.

@feartheliving said:

Although you edited in the second sentence in after I'd responded. I don't want to discuss this any further with you, agree to disagree.

Perhaps a little illogical after just spending a good 5 minutes writing a couple paragraphs further clarifying my point only to pretty much say "LOL Didn't read", but even then I wasn't blaming you for anything you have an opinion I have mine it's not like these are facts we're throwing around.

Anyways whatever bro.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rogueshadow  Moderator

@feartheliving: I didn't say that, I just didn't read the rest because the opening part was predicated on a falsehood in my opinion.

Also, it's not illogical to say, 'Lol, didn't read' rude perhaps, but not illogical.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Weren't you done? It has been explained as a misunderstanding it is over.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@feartheliving said:

@rogueshadow: Weren't you done? It has been explained as a misunderstanding it is over.

Then don't bait me by stating I'm being illogical or that I essentially said, 'Lol, didn't read' when that clearly wasn't the context.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By FearTheLiving

@rogueshadow: When someone says they didn't read something they took the time to write specifically to that person it's pretty much like saying that, but oh well like I said it doesn't matter it over with and been dealt with.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People here who want it to fail are kinda going overboard. i understand if you think it will fail but wanting to to fail is just kinda messed up imo.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll get to laugh at all the haters and pseudo fans who wish for it to fail.

While I'm not exactly looking forward to this I'll never understand the mentality of wanting something to fail. It just makes no sense whatsoever to me.

I think people wish for it to bomb because it would increase the chances of Fox selling the film rights back to Disney/ Marvel prodigiously.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

<p>People here who want it to fail are kinda going overboard. i understand if you think it will fail but wanting to to fail is just kinda messed up imo.</p>

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like 'The Thing' in this movie but everything I've heard, makes it seem... not excitable...

If you've seen Kate Mara's twitter where she posted a pic of the cast, it looked like 4 teens taking a selfie not the F4

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

This movie is going to dominate and I'll get to laugh at all the haters and pseudo fans who wish for it to fail.

I am sure this movie is going to kill. "Hardcore" fans always dislike it when films aren't following the source material religiously. However, the film still does well. The new TMNT flick is a great example of that. The Transformers films are also a prime example.

I find it amazing how people will spew out hateful comments online and eventually eat their words to watch the film.

I'm sure this movie will do well. I think Avengers 2 will be the better movie but that's just me. I am quite excited with everything I've seen. (+)

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: I get that but there's no real certainty that Marvel would do a better job. Honestly, I'd rather hope that a movie is good instead of hoping it's bad just so another studio can have a shot at it.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: I get that but there's no real certainty that Marvel would do a better job. Honestly, I'd rather hope that a movie is good instead of hoping it's bad just so another studio can have a shot at it.

I agree. Marvel doesn't necessarily ensure a better movie. Although, the Fantastic Four does fit more in with Marvels paradigm of film making, wacky science fiction and action interspersed with comedy, then of course, there is a lot of Marvels well known characters that comes along with them.......would be interesting to see.

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't say I'm 'excited' for this movie, but I really want to see Dr. Doom as a badass in the movie.