#1 Edited by ccraft (5043 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League #19 preview, and Ivan Reis draw RH awesome.

Talking about Damian...

Damian?

Finger prints authorized? Batman has to know him.

Retinal scan, okay I doubt his closest family members would even have access to this. Could be Professor Ivo doing? Or has Damian returned? Who do you think this is? Since its close to Trinity War this could have something to do with it. Its a small possibility (1 out 100) that its Damian, but I hope it is. Damian could be going after Superman to get Bruce's attention like how RH tried to replace Batman in Batman under the red hood.

#2 Edited by Kangaxx_54 (303 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps a clone of Damian? I read somewhere in an interview a hint that Heretic might not be the only clone that Talia has made...

#3 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6093 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh come on, this is way too soon, if it is him.

#4 Posted by ccraft (5043 posts) - - Show Bio

@kangaxx_54: That could explain why he could pass the security scans, and why he would want to go after Supes. Maybe a new Tower of Babel arc coming soon.

#5 Posted by ccraft (5043 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh come on, this is way too soon, if it is him.

perhaps, I just hope it's not a throw away character. What if Talia cloned Bruce? That would explain the cover

#6 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6093 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: I'd guess the character will maybe steal a Bat-Suit so he can get close to the others, rather than actually being Batman on the cover.

#7 Edited by Lvenger (18295 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh what a shocker Batman has plans on how to beat the League. What an original story that we haven't seen before(!) Ugh Johns is really losing it if he has to rehash old Justice League stories to pad his run out. And although I'm not part of the group who seems to think Johns has it in for Batman, I do guess that Johns is going to have Batman come off very badly in this issue.

As to who that person is, my gut instinct was Batman then I saw the OPs comment about Ivo so it could have something to do with him. Probably the Secret Society's doing.

#8 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio
@lvenger said:

Oh what a shocker Batman has plans on how to beat the League. What an original story that we haven't seen before(!) Ugh Johns is really losing it if he has to rehash old Justice League stories to pad his run out.

Especially one that was adapted into a movie.

#9 Posted by Lvenger (18295 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Oh what a shocker Batman has plans on how to beat the League. What an original story that we haven't seen before(!) Ugh Johns is really losing it if he has to rehash old Justice League stories to pad his run out.

Especially one that was adapted into a movie.

Look I loved Tower of Babel since it was written by Waid. It's a good story IMO despite some people disliking it. But rehashing that story isn't a good idea. And the movie was good too. Dwayne Mcduffie's swan song before his passing.

#10 Posted by Akindoodle (975 posts) - - Show Bio

DC ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME?! REALLY?! TOWER OF BABEL AGAIN?! You just HAD to give the fanboys something else to hold over the other leaguers, eh? Did it REALLY have to be BATMAN with the kryptonite? You couldn't use Max Lord? Or Waller? Hell, goddam Trevor would've been more interesting! So much for WTF month... this is very disappointing

#11 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3875 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, that's good old Batman, doesn't trust anyone...

#12 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that's Damian.

#13 Posted by Saranth (73 posts) - - Show Bio

It isn't Damian. Morrison's already stated that Damian won't be brought back during his tenure on Batman Incorporated. That series still has four issues to run. He's also said that, if it were up to him, Damian would stay dead. I think it's safe to assume that we won't see a return in the immediate future.

#14 Posted by ccraft (5043 posts) - - Show Bio

@akindoodle: I think hes only doing this because of Supes and WW are together. I think Batman having plans to take down the JL should be canon, but come on it should be guarded a little better somehow.

@evilvegeta74: Probably not, just pointing out that he was able to pass the security scans, so its more likely that its a clone.

#15 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Hush, maybe?

#16 Posted by Akindoodle (975 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: Why ever would he act now though? He's had months to do it.

And @OP, I don't think it's Damian

Hush, maybe?

That would be a drastic improvement in the way this story's going

#17 Edited by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

... He's already fought Kryptonite Man AND Metallo in the New 52... WTF IS THAT RING GOING TO DO?! This was their chance to actually give Kryptonite consistency, so when we discuss it, we dont have to say, "Most of the time, excluding the aberrations in issues #XXX,YYY,ZZZ, Superman can fight through his K-nite weakness without becoming totally depowered." Now we're right back where we started, just like the old universe, one issue, Superman fights a SUPER POWERED BEING made of Kryptonite, the next, Batman can hurt him with a tiny ring and a punch to the jaw.

This reboot is getting worse and worse, and not for the reasons most people say, its getting worse because the old universe is still pouring through, has been since they decided not to Reboot Batman and GL, INCLUDING THE STUPID IDEAS.

Johns is a hack and a WAY overrated writer.

#18 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that Johns has the guts to get Damian so quickly back.I mean Morrison said that Damian won't return and a month after that he is back in Justice League,I don't think so.

And also,really?Batman has secret plans to put down the League.We know that Johns can't writer the JLA but why is he going to rewrite old JLA stories.

#19 Edited by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

I couldn't see Damien doing that to Alfred no matter what. The man was like a grandfather to him.

#20 Posted by Strider92 (16094 posts) - - Show Bio

I swear if thats a clone of Batman and the writer has gone all "Jackal" on us someone is getting hurt!

#21 Edited by Akindoodle (975 posts) - - Show Bio

... He's already fought Kryptonite Man AND Metallo in the New 52... WTF IS THAT RING GOING TO DO?! This was their chance to actually give Kryptonite consistency, so when we discuss it, we dont have to say, "Most of the time, excluding the aberrations in issues #XXX,YYY,ZZZ, Superman can fight through his K-nite weakness without becoming totally depowered." Now we're right back where we started, just like the old universe, one issue, Superman fights a SUPER POWERED BEING made of Kryptonite, the next, Batman can hurt him with a tiny ring and a punch to the jaw.

This reboot is getting worse and worse, and not for the reasons most people say, its getting worse because the old universe is still pouring through, has been since they decided not to Reboot Batman and GL, INCLUDING THE STUPID IDEAS.

Johns is a hack and a WAY overrated writer.

@tdk_1997 said:

I don't think that Johns has the guts to get Damian so quickly back.I mean Morrison said that Damian won't return and a month after that he is back in Justice League,I don't think so.

And also,really?Batman has secret plans to put down the League.We know that Johns can't writer the JLA but why is he going to rewrite old JLA stories.

Thank you. Don't know if he's usually this bad, but he can't write the JL for SH*T! Would someone get Waid or Morrison back in here?

#22 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

Thank you. Don't know if he's usually this bad, but he can't write the JL for SH*T! Would someone get Waid or Morrison back in here?

I can't see Johns leaving the book anytime soon.He's just a massive fanboy and he will write the book until the New 52 ends.And he shall keep providing the same mediocre stories like before and he will just keep underestimating Batman,Cyborg and anyone except Superman and Aquaman.
And as for Morrison or Waid coming back,I can't see it happening either.They both said that they have told the stories that they had in mind.

#23 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

Well saw that coming. Nowconsidering how it shows Despero on the cover for issue #20, I think it is safe to assume that Batman is being mind-controlled.

I'm sure by issue 20 or 21 this will not only will this reveal to the Justice League that he developed contingency plans without their knowledge, but that Superman and Wonder Woman's romance will then be exposed to Aquaman, Flash and the new Justice League members (Batman and Cyborg already know).

#24 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@akindoodle said:

@tdk_1997 said:

I can't see Johns leaving the book anytime soon.He's just a massive fanboy and he will write the book until the New 52 ends.And he shall keep providing the same mediocre stories like before and he will just keep underestimating Batman,Cyborg and anyone except Superman and Aquaman.

And as for Morrison or Waid coming back,I can't see it happening either.They both said that they have told the stories that they had in mind.

Its funny, Johns always comes off as a Flash, Green Lantern, and Batman fanboy to me. They are always the best, the most powerful, most important, etc. Id agree that he is giving Aquaman a lot of props lately, but thats probably to kickstart an almost completely dead character.

Honestly, he has treated Superman like crap, in every arc Superman gets punked and needs somebody to save him. Think about it, Darkseid Invasion? Graves? Cheetah? Throne of Atlas? Superman is like Worf for Johns. I wish Lobdell was writing JL, then Supes would be something to see, an earth benching, mountain rattling powerhouse.

#25 Edited by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@akindoodle said:

@tdk_1997 said:

Its funny, Johns always comes off as a Flash, Green Lantern, and Batman fanboy to me. They are always the best, the most powerful, most important, etc. Id agree that he is giving Aquaman a lot of props lately, but thats probably to kickstart an almost completely dead character.

Honestly, he has treated Superman like crap, in every arc Superman gets punked and needs somebody to save him. Think about it, Darkseid Invasion? Graves? Cheetah? Throne of Atlas? Superman is like Worf for Johns. I wish Lobdell was writing JL, then Supes would be something to see, an earth benching, mountain rattling powerhouse.

Well actually Johns has always admitted that he likes the most Superman,Green Lantern and Aquaman.And most of the highlight in the issues goes to Superman or Aquaman(remember Throne of Atlantis).And he always makes Superman like that because he needs to show in each story that Superman is actually not so much alienated as we all think.And his Batman portrayal is just so weak.

And as for Lobdell writing Justice League,I don't want even in hell to see this.

#26 Edited by Akindoodle (975 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@akindoodle said:

@tdk_1997 said:

Not even his darling Hal Jordan is a likable character. He's an irritating sh*t is what. Cyborg's time to shine, does he? Nope. Flash's time to shine, does he? Nope. This is the Batman of comics who's actually considered Batgod and does he even act remotely competent? Again, Nope. WW had her own freaking arc and... let's not even go there.

Nothing he has written on this title has impressed me. AT ALL. And this is me, relatively new, impressionable comic reader. Okay, that's not completely true but my point is HOW CAN A WRITER SCREW UP THE FLAGSHIP?!

end/rant...?

Who do you think would be a good replacement for writer? PM me if you wish so that we may not derail this thread to a Johns hate one.

#27 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@akindoodle said:

@tdk_1997 said:

Not even his darling Hal Jordan is a likable character. He's an irritating sh*t is what. Cyborg's time to shine, does he? Nope. Flash's time to shine, does he? Nope. This is the Batman of comics who's actually considered Batgod and does he even act remotely competent? Again, Nope. WW had her own freaking arc and... let's not even go there.

Nothing he has written on this title has impressed me. AT ALL. And this is me, relatively new, impressionable comic reader. Okay, that's not completely true but my point is HOW CAN A WRITER SCREW UP THE FLAGSHIP?!

end/rant...?

Who do you think would be a good replacement for writer? PM me if you wish so that we may not derail this thread to a Johns hate one.

Well he indeed has no idea what to do with the characters in Justice League.He is something like Fraction and Bendis,when he writes solo series he can be amazing but when he writes team books it just sucks so much.I only like his runs on solo series like Flash,Green Lantern and Aquaman but this is just goddamn atrocious.

#28 Posted by Akindoodle (975 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997: Lobdell writing JL.... there's a nightmare. As if his characterisations of them weren't horrifying enough in the Superman title. At least Batman looked like he possessed more than a single digit IQ. I'm thinking of picking up Aquaman; I really like the look of the Others arc. But I'm just so annoyed with Johns because of the JL at the moment. I may need a few months years or a particaularly good argumentator to reconsider

#29 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997: Do you have a link for Johns saying who his favourites are? Cause I get a completely different impression from his writing. I was pretty sure he hated Supes with a passion. Not showing up at all against Darkseid, being beaten by Cheetah, getting clocked by Aquaman, easily giving in to Graves' illusions.

#30 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

@akindoodle: You should try out Aquaman.It's a good book about how Aquaman isn't that loser or outsider of the Justice League team and you just see him in whole other light then you were used to seeing him.I really like it except the downfall it is having right now after Throne of Atlantis.

@deaditegonzo: I don't have a link but it has always been up there that he is a fan of the more powerful characters like Superman and Green Lantern.You should check out his run on Action Comics where you can see that he actually understands the character and he cares for him and he always kinda rejected writing Batman.

#31 Posted by ccraft (5043 posts) - - Show Bio

@akindoodle Yeah, I know hes good with androids and what not. But could he be capable of finding the Batcave and making an android to mimic his retinas and finger prints. And when Alfred said "Batman will find you" and then the mystery guys said "I would hope so" implies that that guy has a grudge against Batman. And if you will look back at the panel he throws Alfred into the tube that Damian's uniform was going to be in. But that could be nothing, maybe..

#32 Posted by Akindoodle (975 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: That's a good point. But I can't see Snyder letting Johns use a juicy a villain as Hush (they both seem to have a lot of clout at DC now). Noir themed characters like that belong in the actual Batman title. Someone like Max Lord could take out the league with brains and mind control. Someone like Mr "No Face" Hush could not.

#33 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

just a shout out. if anyone here knows about the story line in Injustice Gods among Us, just mix that up with these scans.... and the possibility of being Damian and think for a sec.....

what did we see in Injustice? UH? UH? :D

#34 Edited by mhanuroth (208 posts) - - Show Bio

two things that come to my mind that suit looks like the insider one and the intruder is someone close to batman. AND OMG THE TUMBLER AND THE BATCYCLE

#35 Posted by Reignmaker (2227 posts) - - Show Bio

A batcentric Justice League story? My money is on this new guy kicking Batman's ass while Cyborg comes in to save the day. Geoff Johns, you're so predictable.

#36 Posted by RustyRoy (10891 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they're calling him the anti-Batman and he's costume reminds me of the insider suit. He might be a clone of Bruce or Damian but definitely not the 'real' them, Damian is a 10 year old dead kid and Bruce would never hurt Alfred.

#37 Posted by blue4pup (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll admit... I'd be happy to see Damian return, but I can't but feel this is more likely someone else. Maybe, as others have suggested, a clone of Damian. OR a clone of Bruce? Maybe this is Hush of the new 52? Maybe it's someone else from Bruce's past?