Jason Maoma States His Aquaman Won't be Blonde.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Noooooooo. Worse then will smith now

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@stormshadow_x:

So they are going to conveniently forget about the "Curse of Kordax". Great.

I'm getting very nervous here...

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He wouldn't look good blonde anyways

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its whatevers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

Good. He'd look bad as a blonde. Looks like they are trying to get people to respect Aquaman, and him being a pretty boy won't help.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point i just hope he doesnt gets any brilliant idea to try to make it interesting, because many times it looks that making character interesting it means changing the characters.

Also Snyder must hate blondes, so far he casted black hair people as blondes.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is lame we live in a world where comic book characters are changed for no reason. This is the new reverse hitler regime!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x:

So they are going to conveniently forget about the "Curse of Kordax". Great.

I'm getting very nervous here...

That was only relevant Pre-52 and it's not a particularly interesting story point.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. The Atlanteans had too many curses anyway. Blonde hair. Purple eyes. If he doesn't have blonde hair, I wouldn't care. Only thing that's annoying is that DC's JLA is going to literally be all black/brown hair. WE NEED HAIR FOLLICLE DIVERSITY!

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it matter? As long as he gives a good performance and the movie is decent, I won't complain.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By MakkyD

Between this and the casting, I've a feeling DC are going to try to make Aquaman as "dark" as possible in hopes of changing his reputation, similar to Superman.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good. He'd look bad as a blonde. Looks like they are trying to get people to respect Aquaman, and him being a pretty boy won't help.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By micah007123

@maccyd said:

Between this and the casting, I've a feeling DC are going to try to make Aquaman as "dark" as possible in hopes of changing his reputation, similar to Superman.

If it makes the "cool kids" sitting in the back of the theater stop cracking jokes and referencing Family Guy everytime he's on screen I say more power to them.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_stegman  Moderator

@micah said:

@maccyd said:

If it makes the "cool kids" sitting in the back of the theater stop cracking jokes and referencing Family Guy everytime he's on screen I say more power to them.

So true. I can only imagine A hole teenagers coming in and being "funny" with their lame Family Guy and Big Bang Theory jokes.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By micah007123

@the_stegman said:

@micah said:

@maccyd said:

So true. I can only imagine A hole teenagers coming in and being "funny" with their lame Family Guy and Big Bang Theory jokes.

Exactly. If I may add, think what you want about Man of Steel, but one thing I can say is without a doubt and I've personally seen it.........it made alot of people respect the character and demolished the boy-scout image they had about him for years. Which is also the reason said people never read his comics or cared about what Superman was all about. I have friends who started reading older and newer Superman comics because after seeing the movie they realized Superman wasn't a walking cheese dispenser. I repeat even if you make the character darker or more menacing I say it can't be any worse than entire new generations of people thinking all Aquaman does is talk to fish..........

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

But now people are going to compare Superman to Aquaman ._.

I also want a bearded Aquaman.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#19  Edited By stormshadow_x

@arturocalakayvee:

Maybe they'll make the Flash Blonde if it's Barry... May even have the balls to make him a ginger if Wally.. and theirs always the chance of the GL being Guy ;)

@symbioticspider-man I think they are going the beard route.

GodxDarkxOpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GodxDarkxOpal

No big deal.Blonde hair blue eyes is overrated...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the_stegman  Moderator

@micah said:

@the_stegman said:

@micah said:

@maccyd said:

Exactly. If I may add, think what you want about Man of Steel, but one thing I can say is without a doubt and I've personally seen it.........it made alot of people respect the character and demolished the boy-scout image they had about him for years. Which is also the reason said people never read his comics or cared about what Superman was all about. I have friends who started reading older and newer Superman comics because after seeing the movie they realized Superman wasn't a walking cheese dispenser. I repeat even if you make the character darker or more menacing I say it can't be any worse than entire new generations of people thinking all Aquaman does is talk to fish..........

Yeah, I don't want to spark up the age old MOS debate, but from my experience, people who really had problems with it are die hard Silver Age/ Donner Superman fans who were mad at Superman being less All American, flag waving, people who don't know much about Superman seemed to be more interested in him after seeing the film. I hope they can do that with all the DC characters. What I wouldn't give to see Flash become mainstream.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do they feel the need to make so many needless changes?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: @micah: One aspect I liked about the Johns run was how Aquaman dealt with constantly being judged for his appearance, demeanor and reputation, but still continued his duties and sometime even used it to his advantage. It would have been an interesting characterisation not really seen in major Superhero films in comparison to the usual "grimdark badass" direction this seems to be going.

I'm not saying making him more dark is bad, just that I'd be worried as film companies can sometimes take it too far and can backfire horribly.

genekellypunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really see how this is that much of a problem...

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@the_stegman said:

@micah said:

@maccyd said:

Yeah, I don't want to spark up the age old MOS debate, but from my experience, people who really had problems with it are die hard Silver Age/ Donner Superman fans who were mad at Superman being less All American, flag waving, people who don't know much about Superman seemed to be more interested in him after seeing the film. I hope they can do that with all the DC characters. What I wouldn't give to see Flash become mainstream.

I hear you and really at the end of the day IMO that's the biggest thing that matters. Getting more people interested in the medium to keep it alive. I have no doubt Flash will become uber mainstream in due time. DC has alot on their plate and I'll be rooting for them to pull all the pieces together.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. I'll just wait till he appears on the big screen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movies should stop changing little things like this that don't affect the plot. The characters should be as close to the comics as possible. Yeah some things need to be changed to fit the adaptation, but hair color seems like a simple enough thing to match.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By micah007123

@maccyd said:

@the_stegman: @micah: One aspect I liked about the Johns run was how Aquaman dealt with constantly being judged for his appearance, demeanor and reputation, but still continued his duties and sometime even used it to his advantage. It would have been an interesting characterisation not really seen in major Superhero films in comparison to the usual "grimdark badass" direction this seems to be going.

I'm not saying making him more dark is bad, just that I'd be worried as film companies can sometimes take it too far and can backfire horribly.

That would be an interesting direction to take him on screen and one that I wouldn't mind seeing. Just like when we had that scene of the cops making jokes about him needing a glass of water and asking what he was doing on the scene, yet Aquaman held his head high and helped out to the best of his ability. They should really put an emphasis on his regal personality in certain situations.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

wow why are people complaining about hair color

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BlackWind

@heraldofganthet: That doesn't exist anymore. Its something PAD came up with and is no longer part of Aquaman's current mythos. Even though I'd personally like to see Kordax again...

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's racist

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

LAME!!! WON"T WATCH!!!! That is DC spitting in the faces of all their blonde fans........ F*** YOU DC!!!!

;)

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People should be more worried about his acting than his hair color.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By those_eyes

As long as he resembles this ill be ok,

No Caption Provided

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

#36  Edited By black_wreath

I wonder how much influence Thor had on this decision.

As a blonde haired blue eyed person I can't really complain about lack of representation in the media so I see no problem.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RustyRoy
Avatar image for deactivated-57d568743bdb8
deactivated-57d568743bdb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A brunette Aquaman? Sounds a lot like Ocean Master.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

The less he looks like Captain America the better as far as I am concerned.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave:

That was only relevant Pre-52 and it's not a particularly interesting story point.

Well I liked it......(pouts. kicks random dust on the ground...)

@blackwind:

That doesn't exist anymore.

I know, I know. Just showing love for the old school stuff.

Its something PAD came up with and is no longer part of Aquaman's current mythos. Even though I'd personally like to see Kordax again...

You and me both, mon ami...

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sigh.

(goes back to half built, life sized Aquaman Bedtime Buddy in closet (patent pending) and proceeds to tear out blonde hair)