User Lists: 12

Jason Mamoa on playing Aquaman

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Feel like he's having the most interviews compared to the rest of the cast.

Seems like a cool guy abit worried on the direction they'll take the character but I can wait.

Gal recently had an interview as well. Cavill is getting huge and is about to release a new movie in a few months, so he's likely preparing for that. And Ben... well he's been busy for a while now. Tomorrow marks the one year point for the release

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@justthatkid said:

Feel like he's having the most interviews compared to the rest of the cast.

Seems like a cool guy abit worried on the direction they'll take the character but I can wait.

Gal recently had an interview as well. Cavill is getting huge and is about to release a new movie in a few months, so he's likely preparing for that. And Ben... well he's been busy for a while now. Tomorrow marks the one year point for the release

Im hoping we get a surprise trailer release tmrw!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: Seems Momoa has been getting more public exposure though.

Not to mention he was rumored the longest so with him it was back and forth Media stuff.

Due to film festivals maybe that he attended and questions being asked there about Aquaman, Speakkng of why Aquaman means alot to him and brown people everywhere, Him giving a response on the character design and Zack Snyders vision, The F Marvel thing, and there is probably more that Im skimming over.

Well my point was that he has nothing to do, or nothing big currently.

Im hoping we get a surprise trailer release tmrw!

A boy can dream... but my natural "Glass Half Empty" state of mind doubts it.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is happening after the fact he made the huge mistake to say no to Guardians of the Galaxy.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is happening after the fact he made the huge mistake to say no to Guardians of the Galaxy.

Be a side character in in an other Marvel move or be a main character in a JL movie with his own franchise. Such wow, decision hard.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

Be a side character in in an other Marvel move or be a main character in a JL movie with his own franchise. Such wow, decision hard.

This is a mistake, the fact you believe something will have a bigger impact, it doesnt mean it will have a bigger impact.

Not only that, but since Guardians of The Galaxy, Dave Bautista its going to be in James Bond and his future its looking great.

Besides the tons of praise Bautista got from this movie.

Besides if Batman v Superman does less money that Guardians, isnt going to make him any favor.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#11 k4tzm4n  Moderator

"Snyder? I don't know. I kind of didn't like the guy and I still don't. And to be totally honest here, I still think Superman's way cooler than Aquaman. But man, comic book movies are huge now, so I figured why not? Maybe it'll be cool? Also, Avengers: Age of Ultron looks awesome!"

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

"Snyder? I don't know. I kind of didn't like the guy and I still don't. And to be totally honest here, I still think Superman's way cooler than Aquaman. But man, comic book movies are huge now, so I figured why not? Maybe it'll be cool? Also, Avengers: Age of Ultron looks awesome!"

Wait, have not watched the video yet, did mamoa say that? If he thinks superman is "way cooler" than aquaman then he did not do any research on the character he is playing.

I hate DC's casting choices, also mamoa is terrible for aquaman, he is going to play the same role he always does, a barbarian...

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 k4tzm4n  Moderator
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

@k4tzm4n said:

@thenaughtytitan: No, he didn't.

Oh, well I still hate him as aquaman....

*Cough* still better than gal gadot *cough*

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rogueshadow  Moderator

Moamoa has bags of charisma, glad he didn't play Drax, would've been a waste.

Now I want DC to get Idris Elba, he's being wasted to f*ck as Heimdall and it's pi*sing me off. I hope his contract is up soon...

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I feel bad for whoever plays Mera

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rogueshadow  Moderator

Lol, why?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@cgoodness said:

Lol, why?

Cause he'll go full Drogo on her and take the booty by force.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

Wait, have not watched the video yet, did mamoa say that? If he thinks superman is "way cooler" than aquaman then he did not do any research on the character he is playing.

I hate DC's casting choices, also mamoa is terrible for aquaman, he is going to play the same role he always does, a barbarian...

Thats not his fault, its type casting, they have him type cast.

No Caption Provided

You can see how he gets casted based on looks, never in acting, it doesnt help his Aquaman looks exactly as all his major roles.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rogueshadow: With Mamao as AM and Snyders obsession with rape in all his movies she's gonna get Targaryned

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: With Mamao as AM and Snyders obsession with rape in all his movies she's gonna get Targaryned

@rogueshadow said:

@cgoodness said:

Lol, why?

Cause he'll go full Drogo on her and take the booty by force.

I look forward to it.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cattlebattle

Actors are so full of crap. Momoa turned down the role of Drax in Guardians of the Galaxy for reasons like "I didn't want to be type cast", "I wanted a role where I could leave my shirt on", "I wanted my kids to see their father in a role other than a brute"....then he saw how much money Guardians made and he had no problem jumping into Aquaman.....True representation of dignity right there.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me know when this guy can actually play more than one type of role...

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't pay attention to a word he said.....DAT HAT O_•

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Thats not his fault, its type casting, they have him type cast.

No Caption Provided

You can see how he gets casted based on looks, never in acting, it doesnt help his Aquaman looks exactly as all his major roles.

Im going to hate him for it anyway....

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand why so butthurt that Momoa refused one character and choose another...If GOTG failed then everybody not only Batista but Chis Pratt wouldn't have got the roles they are getting now....Momoa has a charm and perfect for the role of Aquaman...Drax was actually not suitable for him....There are many number of actors who are type casted in their early days..Brad Pitt Chris Evans,,George Clooney most importantly Heath Ledger and lets not talk about ladies who gets type casted all the time that doesn't mean they don't have acting chops....People should check out his small movies he definitely got the acting spirit in him...He may not be a oscar level actor but he has more depth than the people give him credit for...and with right direction he can be even better

and talk about Snyder...he has quite a better resume as director than James Gunn..I am really excited for BVS and Aquaman...

All hail the King