• 86 results
RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 86

Edited By RavenVice01

I can't freakin believe this...Jared Leto is going to play the Joker in the Suicide Squad movie. I ask you: just because Jared gets an Academy Award for playing a sexually confused drug addict, does that mean he is qualified to play the Clown Prince of Crime. Its bad enough that Eisenberg has been casted as Lex Luthor but now this. I can only hope that Jared has a better laugh than Ledger did.

Eisenberg's Luthor is going to be starring side by side with Leto's Joker in the Suicide Squad movie. What a waste of the diabolical duo. You have the Batman vs Superman movie with a poor excuse for Lex Luthor and no Joker. This is horrible news if you ask me. The only upside to this grim news is that fans can look forward to Harley Quinn being a part of the Suicide Squad now. What is your view on this?

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#1  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Confirmed? Source?

I'm actually fine with this. He is a great actor.

And looks like everyone gonna freak out about this like like when Heath Ledger was announced as the Joker.

People can't just wait and see how they do when the movie comes out? Then, you are free to hate on as much as you want.

kipper34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By kipper34

it's RUMOURED, that they're TARGETING him. I'd be happy with it. I'd want someone like Willem Dafoe or Sam Rockwell or Johnny Depp. But he was great in Dallas Buyers Club.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#3  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

1.i have no idea who that is

2.hopefully Koker is just the antagonist ala assault on Arkham rather the a member. Same goes with Luthor

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Proof?

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

Luthor and The Joker?

No Caption Provided

Make an Squad movie where the Squad are the stars.

Have faith DC, Guardians of the Galaxy show faith is good.

Mjo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good fit!

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suicicde Squad is going to have Joker, Harley, and Lex?

Shweet.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have an idea, get Harley, The Joker and Lex in the team, then kill them.

This would let other villians get the spotlight.

I am sick and tired of those two.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Well, it's rumored that they WANT him..maybe...but that would be one sexy a** Joker.

No Caption Provided

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Seriously, change your title. It isn't confirmed, they are only "apparently in talks." BUT I can't think of a better choice than him. I would be thrilled if he gets cast.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@eyedcyou said:

Seriously, change your title. It isn't confirmed, they are only "apparently in talks." BUT I can't think of a better choice than him. I would be thrilled if he gets cast.

this

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RavenVice01
ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Apparently you have no idea who Jared Leto is, he's an amazing actor, I'd have faith in him doing a great job if they choose him. He starred in one of my favorite movies, Mr. Nobody.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FearTheLiving
When will people stop
When will people stop "confirming" things that aren't confirmed...?

That aside he was awesome in Dallas Buyers Club, and seems to be a very commited actor so it's hard to imagine him taking a role and him not being good in it. Don't even get me started with the whole Lex & Joker in SS though...

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: that's probably why I'm not familiar with his work. It's seems like after playing the pretty boy in urban legends, he would pop up from time to time playing the oddest roles like Colin Farrell ' s lover in Alexander or that Dallas movie he did last year. What's mr. Nobody about anyway because Jared basically is a nobody. At least, heath wuz well known somewhat b4 he did dark knight

thing150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dc has some of the weirdest f*cking casting choices ever

there will be no median...there movies will either be great or they will be horrible

im leaning towards horrible

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thing150: I'm not totally saying that Jared Leto would be a bad pick but I'm mean come on. Is benicio del Toro or Billy zane so busy with projects that they wouldn't be a better casting choice for the Joker or lex luthor.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@thing150 said:

there will be no median...there movies will either be great or they will be horrible

The casting choices are unorthedoxed, but not necessarily bad. People just get mad because their person fan castings aren't used, when in reality, they aren't casting directors and have zero idea what DC and WB are going for with the roles. Obviously WB saw something in Eisenberg, Affleck and Gadot that made them hand over the roles.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenvice01: If you have no idea who an actor is, you shouldn't be so quick to judge the casting. And he did an amazing job in Dallas Buyers Club. He was also in Fight club and American Psycho, not a big role iirc.

Who cares if he's well known or not, that doesn't determine how amazing an actor is.

Loading Video...

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: affleck has become a better actor since Argo and that movie he did with Jeremy renner. He's learned from his mistakes with daredevil which wasn't entirely bad. Daredevil should hav had a batman begins story line in order to expand on daredevil ' s humble beginning. As for eisenberg, everyone one of his roles has been juvenile at best and lex luthor is superior in every way.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

That is interesting to say at least.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thing150 said:

The casting choices are unorthedoxed, but not necessarily bad. People just get mad because their person fan castings aren't used, when in reality, they aren't casting directors and have zero idea what DC and WB are going for with the roles. Obviously WB saw something in Eisenberg, Affleck and Gadot that made them hand over the roles.

No Caption Provided

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenvice01: How many movies of Eisenberg have you actually seen?

thing150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By thing150

@the_stegman said:

@thing150 said:

No Caption Provided

i dont care how good jessies acting that skinny b*tch will not be lex luthor

what did they see in affleck? did they perhaps see daredevil or maybe even gigli

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Great if it winds up being true, but again. People have no idea what confirmed means. Confirmed = studio/director/actor announcing something. No exceptions.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

If this is true, I'm far more upset by the Joker being in the Suicide Squad than whose is portraying him.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ccraft
No Caption Provided

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: social network, 30 minutes or less, now you see me, etc. When he wuz confirmed as lex luthor, I decided to take it upon myself to see why they would consider him by watching his movies. Still not impressed or convinced. I feel the same way about amy Adams playing Lois lane. Olivia wilde would hav been a knockout and a way better Lois lane. Hell, Olivia wilde could play every raven haired and brunette woman in dc comics without breaking a sweat.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wasn't even confirmed. I don't even think him or the studio have even said anything as of yet about the subject.

That said; I really hope he lands the role!

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformers1024: I admire ur optimism. I don't think Jared is a bad actor but I think these casting directors for dc comic movies need to hav a few electro shock therapy sessions.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: I know I can be thick headed and over zealous when it comes to casting calls and for that I apologize my friend. Enlighten me on these two movies u mentioned because after social network, I pretty much gave up being optimistic about eisenberg playing luthor

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Please, please, please, please, please come true...

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ccraft

@ravenvice01: All I'm saying is you might want to do more research before creating a blog, especially before judging an actor without know who he is.

Just two movies I've seen that I enjoyed, both starred Eisenberg. Maybe you should take a look at these movies.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

Please, please, please, please, please come true...

He's my #1 choice for Joker!

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: I saw both trailers. I will admit I really don't watch independent movies unless they hav an actor or actress that I really like. As far as I can tell eisenberg can play an insignificant person and a psycho without much of a problem.

If u were tell me that eisenberg wuz being casted as Victor zsasz, I would be ok with it. But lex luthor is calculating and suave. He hardly ever looses his cool, he's not outspoken unless he really needs to be and lex doesn't really hav psychotic tendencies like the Joker or zsasz

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By _Mongul

@ccraft: He sucks in both of those as well.

What's Luthor's biggest quality? Intimidating arrogance.

Eisenberg has arrogance, for sure. But he is the complete opposite of intimidating.

OT: I gotta say this sounds like a great choice

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why someone would be upset with Leto, he would be the best actor cast in a DC movie thus far if this were to happen. Leto was great in Requiem for a Dream, Lord of War, and Dallas Buyers Club and even in his smaller roles like in Fight Club and American Psycho he is pretty memorable (and not for bad reasons).

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul: @ravenvice01: That's where both of you are wrong, your perceiving Eisenberg as this guy cast as your version of Lex Luthor, that puzzle piece just doesn't fit. ZS has a new version of Lex and I'm sure whatever it is Eisenberg will do great.

I'd be disappointed if they made BvS Lex a nervous nerdy guy too, but I doubt he'd be like that just because Eisenberg was cast.

He doesn't suck in those movies, you might want to expand your reasoning on that one.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lateralus: would u agree though that the batman vs superman movie would be a hundred times more interesting if joker and lex luthor were going up against two of dc's most iconic heroes? If u introduce joker now then his presence in the suicide squad movie would make more sense for harley quinn ' s evolution.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: I will never, ever, be able to take Eisenberg seriously with his voice and speed when talking. Even when he's talking slow, he's talking fast.

If that's the case, then "their version" of Lex is going to be bad to me. I have no interest in watching a nasally Lex with short-man syndrome.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Well like u said its pointless debating about it because Snyder already made his decision about Luthor. Overall, Jared is a good actor and if he is casted as the Joker, I just hope he has a better laugh than Ledger did. Maybe Leto can combine the Joker personas of Nicholson and Ledger and create the ultimate version of the Joker. One that can't be matched.

Plus I think having the Joker in the Suicide Squad movie as a cameo for Harley Quinn or as a target is premature at best. Why can't the Joker and Lex Luthor just join forces in the Batman vs Superman movie thereby making the movie a hundred time more interesting and fun to watch. As far as we know, WB has no plans to revamp the Batman franchise because they cling to Nolan's overly praised Bat trilogy. So bring back the Joker for old times sake and let's see how he goes toe to toe with Batffleck.

I love this version of Batman vs Superman...it would have been epic 20 years ago.

Loading Video...

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I want to see Brainiac more than anyone. Joker and Lex have been done to death in DC movies.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenvice01: They've already confirmed Batman solo movies, so expect more Joker!

@_mongul said:

@ccraft: I will never, ever, be able to take Eisenberg seriously with his voice and speed when talking. Even when he's talking slow, he's talking fast.

If that's the case, then "their version" of Lex is going to be bad to me. I have no interest in watching a nasally Lex with short-man syndrome.

We get it you hate Eisenberg. He can talk slow, he's just good at being a character who talks fast and is awkward, that's not a terrible thing. Eisenberg is a good actor.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'd rather see James Franco as The Joker.

Zachary Quinto as Brainiac.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloakx14: That's not entirely a bad idea since Brainiac is going to be the lead villain for the Justice League movie. Quinto does need more screen time. When I think of Zachery though I imagine Klarion the Witch Boy. I suppose if they had done a Doctor Fate or Etrigan movie 10 years ago, Zachery would have definitely been considered for Klarion.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenvice01: He's a really good actor and stole the show on Heroes. They should have just rename the show Sylar.