James Gunn snubbed Bendis & Maleev in his DD shout-out?

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Hit_Monkey

(http://www.facebook.com/jgunn/photos/a.216126946156.142629.48103536156/10152606474281157/?type=1)

" I have loved the character of Daredevil since I was a little boy. Outside of Batman, Daredevil probably has more great comic book arcs than any other character. From Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli to Kevin Smith to Ed Brubaker and on and on, the character has elicited some of the best work from some of the greatest comic book storytellers.

So I was a bit frightened last night when I dug into the new Marvel's Daredevil Netflix series. I'm a rough TV critic - I love five or so shows on the air right now, but that's about it - and I didn't want to see one of my favorite characters come up short. On top of that I really like Steven S. DeKnight, the showrunner, and Drew Goddard, the creator, both as people and as creative forces (Spartacus, Cloverfield, Cabin in the Woods, etc).

Well, I love it. The cast is great. Charlie Cox is just awesome, and Elden Henson is about as an amazing a Foggy as I could have imagined. The fight sequences stand alongside Spartacus and Rome as some of the best TV fight sequences ever (so, the best TV fight sequences ever not performed in togas). And the scripts have been touching and on point and true to the character. In the first few episodes, I cried twice: once in a scene between young Matt and battling Jack, and again when I realized this character I loved so much for so long had been brought to television with such spirit, love, and care.

What I'm saying is, there's a huge Marvel event going on right now, and it's Daredevil on Netflix I hope you guys check it out."

Seems a bit tactless and crass not to give credit where it's due eh? Gunn even posted a pic of Maleev's art from his run on DD but no mention of the artist and writer of that run?

Bendis and Maleev's Daredevil was and is kinda a big deal. They should have got a mention for it along with the others.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By dernman

or maybe he just forgot

or maybe he was just mentioned who he mentioned which doesn't take away from those he didn't

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Or maybe if you're going to do a shout out to the creatives behind Daredevil or any property for that matter. You don't forget, arguably the most important one. Oh and it does take away from those who who didn't. What are you talking about?

@tomofukuoka: Difficult to remember Bendis's best work? Ok, here's a hint. They are both tv shows now.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@hit_monkey: WHat I'm talking about is there could be many reasons why he left them out without it being a snubb. It's not a big deal.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

He said "and so on."

I think Bendis is the best Daredevil writer. But I also like the others, including Waid.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

He said from Frank to Brubaker. That implies everybody in between.

Also he says in the comics below that it was the best work Bendis ever did.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hit_Monkey

Look, aye. I was probs looking at this the wrong way. I'll see myself out.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

He probably just forgot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Good, Bendis is the devil.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vivide
pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: love it! You gotta use this in every little nit-picky thread you come across

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pinecone said:

@deathpoolthet1000: love it! You gotta use this in every little nit-picky thread you come across

Kinda hard, since i dont go into every single thread to notice this, if you and other tell me i would post it.