James Gunn as director of new Shazam movie

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll James Gunn as director of new Shazam movie (16 votes)

Yes that would be awesome 56%
Hell No 19%
Maybe 31%

Think you guys probably heard this news but I liked to know the general view of viners.

Answering to a fan question in facebook Gunn said he would have loved directing Shazam movie.

http://comicbook.com/2014/12/24/guardians-of-the-galaxy-director-would-have-loved-to-direct-shaz/

What do you guys thinks will he be a great choice for Shazam? Personally I think no, as DC has different style movie making than Marvel. Gunn may have done a nice job with GOTG. But I think DC should hire someone who can pull another Dark knight.

• 
Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't want another Dark Knight when dealing with Shazam, not every character has to be dark/realistic/gritty.

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Leatherface003
RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RustyRoy

He seems like he likes the character so why not, I liked GotG but like he said he can't because of his Marvel contract. I think Brad Bird or Lord and Miller would be great for either Shazam or Flash.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I don't want another Dark Knight when dealing with Shazam, not every character has to be dark/realistic/gritty.

*pats on head* Don't you worry your perfectly combed head about it. DC isn't Marvel whose tone is the same for the majority of their movies.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@thetruebarryallen said:

*pats on head* Don't you worry your perfectly combed head about it. DC isn't Marvel whose tone is the same for the majority of their movies.

Why do ya think that?

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Super had a darker sense of humour than Guardians. When you look at all his work Gunn has a love of the trashier side of cinema and with his clear handle on visuals I think he'd be perfect to directing Sandman, I'd love to see his take on the serial killer convention in particular.