#1 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

So, I was thinking about this and wanted to ask people here about their takes on the subject.

Imagine that there's a being like TOAA on our universe and it gets fed up with Mankind and decides to do a supernatural zombie apocalypse to punish us.

But, since it kinda likes some of us, it decides to give one person in each continent a super human abiltity or power. Our TOAA will give this ability 10 mins before the apocalypse starts at midnight and he will wake up the person if he/she is asleep. The person can choose which power to get but it has to be from a street level from a comic book. The person will get only THAT power, nothing more but at the levels the street level showcases.

OH WELL, guess what? you are one of the lucky guys who can get a power? so the question is, which power would you choose to face the apocalypse?

they are supernatural zombies. the zombies are everyone who has ever died that belongs to the homo sapiens species.

-they will ressurect at midnight in the place they were buried/died

-they will be capable of any physical feats they were when living (olympic athletes will run very fast, not like zombies and martial artists may fight you using martial art techniques - anyone is capable of using weapons but since they are zombies and are not as smart as regular people, they will probably not do it or mainly use them in a instinctive manner)

-they will be bloodlusted and without morals

-they dont need to eat, but THEY WILL TRY TO EAT (mainly people's brains)

-they don't heal but they don't rot either (they are virtually unstopable, unless you kill them)

-can only be killed by destroying the brain

-anyone that dies right after the apocalypse starts turns into one, NO MATTER WHAT

so again - which power from who? choose wisely because powers that only work on Humans, will only work on Humans (like telepathy) so if you are optimistic and think a lot of people could survive, it might be a nice choice powers that work on humans, but if you are a pessimist maybe it's better the ones who can work on anything

also, explain why you chose it and what you would try to do with it

#2 Posted by RoboShark (1271 posts) - - Show Bio

Bro bro bro....Eat can corn. And shoot what comes at you.

You win.

#3 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atoms power set.

#4 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever: needs to be one power from one street level

@RoboShark: sorry?

#5 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Then, Deathstroke

#6 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever: which power?

#7 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

His mind.

#8 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

Invincibility, then I just walk through waves of zombies with a chainsaw and and slaughter them as casually as possible and possibly cause some explosions as I slowly walk away without looking back

#9 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever: his 90 % unlocked mind thing. Okay... can I know how would you use it and/or why you chose it?

#10 Edited by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

I would take out his sword and cuts all the zombie's heads off. I could calculate how fast they are running and outsmart them. At night I would put tripwires in the graveyard and go to watch Titanic.

#11 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: but who's durability/invicibility? it has to be from a street level character

@menaceforever: this is for you to use, not Slade, you just get his powers. But yeah, I could see those higher brain functions helping make plans and outsmarting the zombies

#12 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

It would have to be Spiderman and His spider sense/agility and strength. If I can only choose one of his powers it would be his spider sense. My reasoning is I could never get snuck up on or surprised like normal survivors would, at least in theory. If I had all of Spideys powers I would be set but his Spidey sense would be my first choice then agility and strength.

My second option would be Gambit's ability to kinetically charge objects and throw them and then have them detonate. This would be awesome for obvious reasons in a zombie Apocalypse.

#13 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Edited

#14 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: Luke Cage, he stated that this takes place in our world and doesn't mention the zombies having any super powers and Luke's skin is far too durable for human teeth to break.

#15 Edited by Bluefox170 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

I second Deathstroke's intellect. :P

#16 Posted by HolySerpent (12546 posts) - - Show Bio

Blackness

#17 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@SavageDragon said:

It would have to be Spiderman and His spider sense/agility and strength. If I can only choose one of his powers it would be his spider sense. My reasoning is I could never get snuck up on or surprised like normal survivors would, at least in theory. If I had all of Spideys powers I would be set but his Spidey sense would be my first choice then agility and strength.

My second option would be Gambit's ability to kinetically charge objects and throw them and then have them detonate. This would be awesome for obvious reasons in a zombie Apocalypse.

yes you can only have one but yeah I like your answer!!! Spidey sense sure would help and Gambit's kinetic charge is awesome too!

@joshmightbe said:

@Jorgevy: Luke Cage, he stated that this takes place in our world and doesn't mention the zombies having any super powers and Luke's skin is far too durable for human teeth to break.

true, I agree it would protect you from that, but remember, if you die from anything else you still turn into a zombie. But I doubt other survivors weapons would be able to pierce Luke Cage like skin, since he is bullet proof

@Bluefox170 said:

I second Deathstroke's intellect. :P

yeah, I thought that would be a popular choice

#18 Posted by danhimself (22551 posts) - - Show Bio

powers or not..in my mind fast zombies are the absolute most terrifying thing that I can think of...if I see a zombie running at me I'm going to poop myself, scream like a little girl and then get eaten

#19 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent: what power is that and from who it is?

@danhimself said:

powers or not..in my mind fast zombies are the absolute most terrifying thing that I can think of...if I see a zombie running at me I'm going to poop myself, scream like a little girl and then get eaten

then get a good power to defend/hide/run!!!

#20 Posted by HolySerpent (12546 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry I posted in. The wrong thread

#21 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent: it's okay xD

#22 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

I never knew deathstroke can use 90 percent of his mind. I will take that than for the tactical advantage and besides, I have weapons at my house.

#23 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

mr fantastic stretching

#24 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@GTG12 said:

I never knew deathstroke can use 90 percent of his mind. I will take that than for the tactical advantage and besides, I have weapons at my house.

good combo then! he supossedly unlocked the 90 percent of the brain that Humans don't use, but that's BS and a myth. If we didn't use all of our brain, he would be dead or unable to do certain things and when we got shot in the head we wouldn't be affected. But it's comics!

his powers come from all that unlocking BTW

#25 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@GTG12 said:

Its been scientifically proven that the whole thing about humans only using 10% of their brain is bullsh*t, you use 100% of your brain at all times so using 90% in reality would mean that you would be mentally deficient

#26 Posted by GillaDro (249 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoboShark said:

Bro bro bro....Eat can corn. And shoot what comes at you.

You win.

#27 Posted by Sliver Titan (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd go with taskmasters Photographic Reflexes and hope for useful survivers. But if human torch classes as street level then flight and go to the shetland island between scotland and norway, less zombies and i can go fishing :)

#28 Posted by Strider92 (16488 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty Prydes powerset!!!!! Try and bite me now zombies!!!

#29 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5602 posts) - - Show Bio

Good thread. I really don't wanna say something stupid like ''Batmans Utility Belt." And then be stuck, because I wanted to be a smarty mic smarty-pants. Lmao. So I'll say Wolverines healing? Technically I can't be killed unless I'm somewhat destroyed down to the last drop of blood.

#30 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: Luke Cage: no risk of infection thanks to his hardened skin and enough strength to get read of the zombies.

Now, when you say all the people who ever lived on earth would raise, well, that's a lot of people, I'm not even sure there'd be enough space on earth for that.

#31 Posted by Ms. Omega (4470 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellions Telekinesis or Butterballs Invulnerability

#32 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

The White Tiger Jade Gem

#33 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

batman's sidekick

#34 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@GillaDro: I still dont know what that means...

@Sliver Titan: yeah, Torch is not IMO but you could get Angel's flight - that would actually be one of my options. And Taskmaster's photographic reflexes is a good choice too!

@Strider92: good answer too

@DocFatalis: well that's the point, it's a supernatural apocalypse and TOAA is very very pissed off at mankind. Also you only get Cage's durability not his strenght, but you dont need that if you have a nice meelee weapon

@ratman19: that's hardly a power...

#35 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

Pyrokinesis would be a really bad idea....

#36 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

Pyrokinesis would be a really bad idea....

or a really awesome one HEHEHEHEE

#37 Posted by rico_3088 (485 posts) - - Show Bio

yup. luke cage is the i go with

#38 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20251 posts) - - Show Bio

I got my M1 Garand and Machete right here if any brain-rotting munchers come into my house.

#39 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: what about a power? could come in handy, maybe Hawkeye's super accuracy + the guns could be cool

#40 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy:

• Bullseye's accuracy
  • Captain America's skills
  • M1 Garand and Machete
#41 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: what about a power? could come in handy, maybe Hawkeye's super accuracy + the guns could be cool

If it's ultimate Hawkeye then he would be unstoppable.

#42 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: the items if you have them it's okay, TOAA doesn't give out items, he only gives out ONE power/skill.

and IMO

@CrimsonCake: is super right; Ultimate Hawkeye's accuracy is insane

#43 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: the items if you have them it's okay, TOAA doesn't give out items, he only gives out ONE power/skill.

Then (Ultimate)Captain America's skills only then.

I only have knives at my house. No weapons lol.

#44 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

That was going to be my choice of power and which character to choose as soon as I read the op.

#45 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: wait, skills or physical stats? like H2H skills or the super soldier serum thing?

#46 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: Skills.

#47 Posted by Z3RO180 (6550 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: invurnability i cant get in fected if they cant break my skin :P

#48 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: it's a supernatural outbreak. If you die, you turn. you can get their bloods and fluids on you or on your blood stream that it won't turn you. You will still turn into one when you die because it's TOAA that is reviving them

#49 Posted by Z3RO180 (6550 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: screw invurnability then Deadpools healing factor

#50 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: ahahaha okey then x)