• 59 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

The original Fantastic Four cast seemed perfect to me, despite the bad rep the movies get.

Obviously they can't use the same actors, especially not Chris Evens, but I mean COME ON THEY COULD OF DONE A BETTER JOB THA THIS.

Miles, f***ing, Teller is Reed Richards? The guy who played a young college boozer in Project X and recently co-starred a Rom Com with a former Disney pretty boy? Are you SERIOUS? It's like they put a bunch of names of actors who are least suited to play Reed Richards in a hat, and randomly selected this guy.

Ben Grimm should be played by someone who has starred as the rough war veteran 60 something year old guy in other movies. This guy has millimeters of bumfluff on his face and looks like a college kid. I might be surprised but wow, seems like another poor choice.

Sue seems like a good fit, no issues there. But really.. why make Johnny black? There is nothing wrong with black actors, or them taking major movie roles. In fact, I'd be more than happy to see more of that. Wesley Snipes and Samuel L Jackson have both killed it in their respective roles. But there is absolutely no need in having a white character, who's white sister is co-starring the movie, be played by a black actor. It messes with the origin story and is going to bother a lot of people.

Could this guy kill it as Johnny? Sure. Is there a white actor out there who could also kill it as Johnny, who would also be able to keep the characters basic f***ing origin history intact? There should be, but apparently there isn't.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Old news

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#53  Edited By Black_Claw

I'm really not that thrilled for this announcement. But if he can play Human Torch well than I'll be satisfied.

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: i wasn't calling you racist, i was calling the other's racist. But now looking back at your comment, it does show some racism. I'm just being truthful here.

Please point out which comments were racist...because I see none in this thread.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By ccraft

If there going for a younger F4 them I like this cast, even though I would have had preferred an older casting, can't wait to see some leaked images of them on set.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Even if Michael B. Jordan knocks it out of the park people will still be hating, give the guy a chance-he seems really in to the role and he is a good actor so just chill out guys

They're definitely going in the direction of the Ultimate Fantastic Four with a younger cast, and unless they do something like make Reed evil then I'm totally cool with this

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphu8414 said:

Even if Michael B. Jordan knocks it out of the park people will still be hating, give the guy a chance-he seems really in to the role and he is a good actor so just chill out guys

They're definitely going in the direction of the Ultimate Fantastic Four with a younger cast, and unless they do something like make Reed evil then I'm totally cool with this

This.

It's not like F4 started out 40 years old anyways.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't like Jordan. He invokes my rage, so I wouldn't care if he was cast as Virgil Hawkins

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#59  Edited By Lvenger

@lvenger: i wasn't calling you racist, i was calling the other's racist. But now looking back at your comment, it does show some racism. I'm just being truthful here.

Feel free to point out where I'm being racist. If so, it'll go against there not being a racist bone in my body from my upbringing and personal morals. But by all means find the racist part of my comment, I'll be shocked if it's truly valid as you think it is.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@lvenger said:

@knightsofdarkness2 said:

I am kinda shocked that this thread has racist comments in it.

Don't you dare try and construe my comment as racist. My post was questioning the POINT of changing the race of Johnny Storm from white to black for no tangible reason. There are many white actors that can play the role of Johnny Storm just as well as any black actor so changing the race of a white character to black just seems pointless.

Agree. Don't worry, I think most of us get what you're saying. It's like they said "Let's make Johnny black...because, well, then, he'll be black!" If anything, I think THAT's much more racist than questioning the casting. It seems very patronizing to me. Jordan may be a fine actor, (I'm not familiar with his work.) and he might do a great job. But it does seem like a token move as of now. When Lawrence Fishborne(sp?) was cast as Perry White I had the same feelings, and I've liked him since he was Cowboy Curtis on Pee Wee's Playhouse. That casting didn't ruin MOS for me, and having Jordan play Johnny won't ruin this movie either. I did have problems with Samuel Jackson being cast as Nick Fury, not because Jackson is black, but because I think he's a douche.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ccraft

@manwhohaseverything: They probably changed Johnny from white to black because there's hardly any popular black comic characters, and maybe they thought it wouldn't be a big deal. Same with Jackson being cast as Nick Fury, imo he did the role justice, and I see Jordan doing the same with Johnny Storm.