ITS EVERYWHERE D:<

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Zdaybreak

When I first saw that it was all over the Off-Topic and Gen Discussion, I just shrugged it off, since it happens every Sat/Sun and the Vinersaurs/Mod usually spend their energies combating them. But its in the artist forums, and I'm annoyed/pissed since I've recently taken to lurking there. HOW DARE THE SPAM-BOTS DO THIS! IS THERE NOTHING SACRED ANYMORE? 

I'll try to take a pic, but my screen won't allow me to picture the whole thing. If I scroll up and down, there is only 3 non-sticky'd threads that appear among the spam of streaming video ad threads in the Gen Discussion. 

No Caption Provided
RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By RedQueen

Yeah, it's annoying...... Mods are deleting them as they come up. That's really all they can do. There's talk of implementing new rules for posting, but this has to come from higher up than Mods.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Stormbox

Agh this is impossible!

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RedQueen

That being said; how many mods are in other time zones... i.e Europe and further East? Spam is appearing a lot about now ish, when it's early morning in the US/America e.t.c.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jobiwankenobi

Ironically there are already several threads about spam making this a spam thread in a sorts.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#6  Edited By TheCannon

Shhhh...... don't say these things. They feed on our fear/annoyance.

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RedQueen

@TheCannon said:

Shhhh...... don't say these things. They feed on our fear/annoyance.

*zips mouth*.

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zdaybreak
@RedQueen said:

That being said; how many mods are in other time zones... i.e Europe and further East? Spam is appearing a lot about now ish, when it's early morning in the US/America e.t.c.

I live in East Asia and majority of the spam threads appear when I'm online, but after I go to sleep, they are usually dealt with by the next day.
RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RedQueen

@Shotgun said:

@RedQueen said:

I live in East Asia and majority of the spam threads appear when I'm online, but after I go to sleep, they are usually dealt with by the next day.

Yeah, I live in the UK, and a lot of it appears when I'm online as well. Normally disappeared by late evening though.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By nickthedevil

It's really getting sad.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By nickthedevil

No freakin' way.

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zdaybreak

I'm documenting the spam because apparently I have too much time and I think that my limited flagging would only serve to annoy the mods who can already tell that the spam has arrived. Plus, seeing them(the spam threads) offends my eyes! GTFO of CV!   Part of the reason I made this post is to also prove to myself and others that I'm not whining over some insignificant little thing(..well, this does happen on a weekly basis now, so I probably am). Not sure if you guys can see my screen shots. You'll either have to zoom in, strain your eyes or go fetch a magnifying glass and strain your eyes some more.
Also, I'm not exactly sure how this'll help the mods, maybe you can just directly bad the spam-bot accounts or something? That or realize that at least there is a viner out there that thoroughly appreciates how much of a good work you guys do to keep the forums clean(and yes, my english is a bit fuzzy and weird now, probably from the lack of sleep).

-Back to business. So far Contests, Quests, Battles and Editing & Tools are clear of the spam.
-Good news is that only 3 spam threads(all by freetaka3) have popped up in Comic Book Preview and 2 in API developers(by dev6777 and komal300). 
 -The only thing that I have learned from my observance is that the spambots work in groups, and no spambot spams(except for bankone4060) works outside of its chosen forum. Nothing special about their usernames though.

-Spam count: 
37 in Newest Topic(but I'm going to ignore those)   

19 in the RPG forum. hannanalsibosibelzishan20002(main offender) and taylorpari50.  

No Caption Provided

16 in the Fan-Fic forum. The first account is also in the Off-topic but the rest are only in this forum. bankone4060kanakani0011vadfkuol, and kokomoja
No Caption Provided

49 in Off-Topic. The culprit accounts were shamim1517milonshil001rokee03hamedul204durgaranijrodgerxcomixxadiba123srzpbn91anismia771sabatykhanbankone4060rugby20120robertparkertaylorpari50mauricio54545mafuzalam, and gopajoji.  

No Caption Provided

20 in Artist's Showoff, all by mdabdus29 and shakil24.
No Caption Provided

15 in Bug Reporting, all done by the spambot account valoaso4.
No Caption Provided

46 in General Discussionsagor000027repon21aJJJJJAAAAAozanabatha04tvlikeabcbook87gogolakhan10allbdbabulkhan336shyamal7sujitkumar120ruanadewas, and jamesrock224. I want these b@stard accounts gone by morning. 

No Caption Provided

26 in Podcast. Done by alishahshohel1537, and amregwan1.

No Caption Provided

-I think that this about covers everything.  Ugh, its 3 a.m. in Taiwan now. Got to go to bed before I resurrect as a zombie. 

-..also @YourNeighborhoodComicGeek , I'm counting as a contribution, so I'll be joining the Vinersaurs now =)  
I figure that I can flag a few sh!t threads while everybody else is offline. Though tbh, there isn't much that I can do besides that, unless you count b!tching about it lmao. I might have to find some other way to further contribute to the group :/
TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheCannon

Two whole pages and this is only one of two REAL threads I've found (not counting pinned stuff).

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zdaybreak

^I know what you mean.   
Also, there's been another twenty or so new spam threads since I posted my last post that detailed everything..aaand its still going. I'm not going to bother with this anymore. G'night everyone.

Hax0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Hax0r

The Cake is a Lie!

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheCannon

There should be a separate board for spam.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Stormbox

Were all gonna die!!

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Blood1991

@Stormbox said:

Were all gonna die!!

O_O step too far man, bring it back.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CrimsonCake

@TheCannon said:

There should be a separate board for spam.

Make it now.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Twentyfive

I started a topic earlier today, and a minute later, it was on the second page. One minute later. Now I can't even find it.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Stormbox

@Blood1991 said:

@Stormbox said:

Were all gonna die!!

O_O step too far man, bring it back.

No dude were all gonna drown in spam!!