It looks like the Red Lanterns are still around in November

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

As DC's November solicitations show, the Red Lanterns are still all fine and surviving after Light's Out. But there's still Didio's cryptic comment about one of the Lantern Corps being knocked off during this crossover. So which Corps will be biting the dust now with Red Lanterns off the radar?

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Good news.

The series has really turned itself around with Charles Soule writing and the addition of Guy Gardner. I just hope he that doesn't get in too deep and become a permanent Red Lantern.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Indigo or Blue,but really I wouldn't mind if they killed every corp save Sinestro,they've long overstayed their welcome.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#6  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@the_tree said:

Good news.

The series has really turned itself around with Charles Soule writing and the addition of Guy Gardner. I just hope he that doesn't get in too deep and become a permanent Red Lantern.

apparently the Red Lanterns will gain exclusive dominion over Space Sector 2814........ sounds like Guy is in pretty deep already

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By the_tree

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@the_tree said:

Good news.

apparently the Red Lanterns will gain exclusive dominion over Space Sector 2814........ sounds like Guy is in pretty deep already

I don't mind Guy being a Red Lantern, I just don't want him reaching that point of no return and end up being classified as a "villain". I am interested in seeing how things pan out, though, and he's been pretty fun in Red Lanterns.

But if you ask me, Guy is best when Green.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I already knew they weren't going to be destroyed

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I really want the Blue Lantern Corps or the Indigo Tribe to be destroyed.I just don't care for them.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Wait, people here LIKE guy? That guy is the reason I quit Red Lanterns, despite characters having been mistreated for a long time before that.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@bruxae said:

Wait, people here LIKE guy? That guy is the reason I quit Red Lanterns, despite characters having been mistreated for a long time before that.

Well yeah. Guy is the best lantern \m/
BB

HeckTate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

@bruxae said:

Well yeah. Guy is the best lantern \m/
BB

It's Kyle Rayner imo, but if any corps has to fall without damaging the whole spectrum balance of power they've worked to set up, the obvious choice is Orange. He's amusing when he cameos in the other story lines but I'm not enjoying the Larfleeze comic and he's one you can get rid of without drastically affecting the rest of the corps.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By blkson

The Blue or Indigo are the only logical choices to be destroyed.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

isn't he supposed to be a joke character?

He typically acted as a joke character in the 80s/90s, but he was still capable of having serious moments from time to time. In recent years he's become a character that can be taken seriously, he just has a sense of humor.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

Indigo is my guess. I feel like the Blue Lantern Corps have some potential..... but that potential only lies with Saint Walker. Every other character is lame. As for Indigo, who cares about them?

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By slade_wilson

@theacidskull: @bruxae: You guys cannot be serious. Guy is one of the best Lanterns. He's a very cool and dynamic character.

Indigo is a goner.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: @bruxae: You guys cannot be serious. Guy is one of the best Lanterns. He's a very cool and dynamic character.

Indigo is a goner.

Guy is by far the worst lantern, he's basically just an overgrown baby that people find "funny".

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By the_tree

@bruxae said:

@slade_wilson said:

Indigo is a goner.

Guy is by far the worst lantern, he's basically just an overgrown baby that people find "funny".

Have you ever actually read a Guy-centric story? One where he's not there for the sake of comedy?

More often than not, he's written off because people never give him a chance, they see a goofball and assume that he's just some shallow character. He's a troubled guy, he puts up a front of egocentrism and comedy to protect himself. He's a truly great character and people hardly ever give him a fair shake, I certainly don't think you have. It may be a pretty cliche thing to say, but you can't always judge a book by its cover.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20 the_stegman  Moderator

I say the Blue Corps will go boom. All will not be well.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

@slade_wilson said:

Indigo is a goner.

and John Stewart is a walking poster boy with the personality of a brick imo. Guy is a pretty cool character

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peppeyhare: john is the worst, he's tried with simon. The order is:

Hal

Kyle

Guy

John, simon.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PeppeyHare

Hal

Kyle

Guy

John, simon.

I forget Simon exists sometimes lol.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AllStarSuperman
kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

Hal

Kyle

Guy

John, simon.

I forget Simon exists sometimes lol.

I thought simon baz was awesome. my list goes

hal

guy

simon

john

kyle

I really hate kyle

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By mightyrearranger

Probably gonna be the Indigo Tribe. It would fit right in line with US history for the tribe to be wiped out...

*Sidenote: I miss comic foil Guy from the 80s. His "fight" with Captain Boomerang is still one of my favorite Suicide Squad moments. :D

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bruxae

@the_tree said:

@bruxae said:

@slade_wilson said:

Indigo is a goner.

Have you ever actually read a Guy-centric story? One where he's not there for the sake of comedy?

More often than not, he's written off because people never give him a chance, they see a goofball and assume that he's just some shallow character. He's a troubled guy, he puts up a front of egocentrism and comedy to protect himself. He's a truly great character and people hardly ever give him a fair shake, I certainly don't think you have. It may be a pretty cliche thing to say, but you can't always judge a book by its cover.

I have, and I still think he's just a dick.

Atrocitus on the other hand is a character I love and part of the reason to read Red Lanterns, you actually get to see things from a different and darker perspective rather then your standard wisecracking human who is actually really emo - but thats gone now so no, im not really gonna start enjoying Guy Gardner in RL, to me he only serves to take away whats unique with the series and he is bad copy paste character who dont really belong here.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I have to agree with the Guy hate here. He's my least favourite Lantern and one of my least favourite comic book characters. I don't often smile when characters get their commupence but I do for Guy. I just don't like his personality that much or his attitude to life.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree said:

@bruxae said:

@slade_wilson said:

Indigo is a goner.

This guy....is abso-f**king-lutely right.

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idigo tribe will probably be the one to go since it doesn't really do much.