Isn't Ezra Bridger just a walking dead man?

JasonBriggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

He's not in the original trilogy and there's no way he's showing up in the new trilogy, so isn't it just assumed that he's going to die in the finale?

Poor guy.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

They could incorporate him in some way.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A lot of the EU is not in the movies but is still meant to be around during those timelines.

It can be very easy to excuse him and the Ghost crews absences from the films if they do survive although personally I think Kanan will bite the big one before a new hope. The Ghost crew are an active part of the rebels and can be deployed on missions and chances are they will sucseed, almost like an A Team.

We know that that was not the entire rebel alliance on Yavin 4 (otherwise they seriously grew a few thousand fold by the time Return takes place) So them not being the works.

Them not being on Hoth again is very excusable, they were on a mission on one of the middle rim planets and by the time Hoth was over the rebellion was reforming elsewhere. A bit of hoop jumping I admit but in the old EU canon there were dozens of Jedi wandering around at the time and Luke never once met them and Yoda seemed oblivious so it could work in this new timeline.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@titanbreaker said:

I admit but in the old EU canon there were dozens of Jedi wandering around at the time and Luke never once met them and Yoda seemed oblivious so it could work in this new timeline.

Which tbh was completely retarded and negates Luke being the last of the Jedi, able to overcome Vader and Palpatine.

That and it's not like the GE didn't have a number of special forcers ontop of Vader to go wipe out any remaining Jedi, soo....dozens of Jedi just being around doesn't make much sense.

But /Shrug, I never really had too much a problem, I just thought it kinda defeated a few lines such as..

"The Jedi are extinct, their fire has burned out years ago. You my friend are all that's left of their religion."- Tarkin

"Then the Emperor has already won, you were our only hope."- Obi-Wan

"When gone am I, the last of the Jedi you will be. The Force runs strong in your family, pass on what you have learned.'- Yoda

"I can't do it R2, I can't go on alone."- Luke

I mean....it's quite clear the Jedi are pretty much gone, Obi-Wan and Yoda were pretty much noted as the last ones left and then they died, Luke was the only one.

Again though....if Jedi start popping up again after the GCW and come to join Luke's new Jedi Order...that...really seems to undermine who Luke was and what he was doing. It also portrays the other Jedi as a bunch of cowards, if they won't fight and help the Rebellion following Luke's example of a Jedi Knight being able to help, barring Ahsoka of course and Kanan, but I don't think they'll last through the show otherwise it's gonna question as to why Luke never met them when they seemed pretty important to the Rebellion(moreso Ahsoka.)

Unless of course in the SW comic series, at some point he does meet them as he is with the Rebellion. But then that still just brings up as to where were they at the Battle of Endor, why they weren't with Luke fighting Vader/Emperor and other things. Because the Rebellion is pretty organized by ANH/ESB/ROTJ and not splintered groups or what have you.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titanbreaker said:

I admit but in the old EU canon there were dozens of Jedi wandering around at the time and Luke never once met them and Yoda seemed oblivious so it could work in this new timeline.

Which tbh was completely retarded and negates Luke being the last of the Jedi, able to overcome Vader and Palpatine.

That and it's not like the GE didn't have a number of special forcers ontop of Vader to go wipe out any remaining Jedi, soo....dozens of Jedi just being around doesn't make much sense.

But /Shrug, I never really had too much a problem, I just thought it kinda defeated a few lines such as..

"The Jedi are extinct, their fire has burned out years ago. You my friend are all that's left of their religion."- Tarkin

"Then the Emperor has already won, you were our only hope."- Obi-Wan

"When gone am I, the last of the Jedi you will be. The Force runs strong in your family, pass on what you have learned.'- Yoda

"I can't do it R2, I can't go on alone."- Luke

I mean....it's quite clear the Jedi are pretty much gone, Obi-Wan and Yoda were pretty much noted as the last ones left and then they died, Luke was the only one.

Again though....if Jedi start popping up again after the GCW and come to join Luke's new Jedi Order...that...really seems to undermine who Luke was and what he was doing. It also portrays the other Jedi as a bunch of cowards, if they won't fight and help the Rebellion following Luke's example of a Jedi Knight being able to help, barring Ahsoka of course and Kanan, but I don't think they'll last through the show otherwise it's gonna question as to why Luke never met them when they seemed pretty important to the Rebellion(moreso Ahsoka.)

In the defense of Obi-wan's line of "you were our only hope" Luke was the only pony in the race that could ever defeat Darth Vader. If any other Jedi had tried to AND THEY DID they would have either died or been captured, tortured for information about other Jedi and then killed.

I did always wonder if Obi-wan and Yoda were aware that Sideous would be there when he fought Darth Vader because if so a little warning about Sith lightning would have gone a LONG way. "Whatever you do Luke, don't throw away your lightsaber because the Emperor loves Sith lightning and unless you somehow learnt tutaminis you would be screwed."

The rest of your statement I agree with, hundreds of jedi popping up after Sideous's death and rejoined the new order is very suspect. And you are right about the cowards comment. Why I liked Jedi like Kota, Ahsoka and other Jedi who actively fought against the empire as Jedi, it was as Tarkin said "Representing hope."

My overall point was it was somehow okay then, so it should be okay now. Maybe Kanan, Ashoka, and Ezra will all die keeping what was said in EP 5 and 6 the truth not a "From a certain point of view" argument. Who knows?

Right now I enjoying Rebels far too much to care about the in and outs of canon right now. Writers have jumped through hoops on fire before to explain where X was during the movies so it would be nothing new.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@titanbreaker:

True, but it's not like still Luke couldn't have backup when facing the two of them. Also Luke did deflect some of the Force Lighting, noted in the script actually but he was overwhelmed.

I mean again I don't have much a problem with it, it's just....the whole dozens or so Jedi popping up after Sidious is just sorta...like stupid imo.

Force Users such as Inquisitors and other Force organizations were pretty ok given that the Empire didn't really go after them unless they proved a threat. Though I VASTLY prefer the Legends Inquisitorius compared to this....new one, but we'll see where the new canon group goes as it expands.

I'm kinda 50/50 on Rebels, but this is mostly due to Dave's commentary towards a few things which are complete opposite of what is actually shown, though Season 2 looks to be good from the trailers and bits.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see any reason he couldn't be alive by the end of the Rebels series, but I'm pretty sure Kanan bites it for sure.