Isn't Hulk from Avengers supposed to be the 2008 Hulk?!

Pyro_raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pyro_raptor

I heard somebody said that Hulk from Avengers and the one from 2008 film are 2 completely different versions of Hulks and when I said that Hulk from Avengers and the one from 2008 film are the same character, i thought one person denied that!!

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes they are the same.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are the same. Edward Norton was better.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Yep same

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Same character, different actor because Ed didn't want in on this sweet Marvel deal.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By FuzzyLittleRodent

From what I've heard, Norton isn't a fan of movie franchises.

Pyro_raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyro_raptor: I'd reckon that was because Joss and the other writers had better ideas for the Hulk.

@fuzzylittlerodent: Mm, well to each their own, I suppose.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I've heard, Norton isn't a fan of movie franchises.

What a hipster.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Havenless

Exact same universe. RDJ was in TIH, and the finale was referenced in Avengers. Only reason he looks different is because they got way better CGI in that 4 year span.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard somebody said that Hulk from Avengers and the one from 2008 film are 2 completely different versions of Hulks and when I said that Hulk from Avengers and the one from 2008 film are the same character, i thought one person denied that!!

well tell who you were talking to to watch the 2008 end credit scene.

Problem solved

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#14  Edited By The Impersonator

I would say the 2008 Hulk is a different Hulk personality from the Avengers Hulk. But that's not the case. I think it's because of the different actor playing the Hulk. They're still the same character though. I'd prefer the 2008 Hulk version than the Avengers version because he looked more savage.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rogueshadow  Moderator

I would say the 2008 Hulk is a different Hulk personality from the Avengers Hulk. But that's not the case. I think it's because of the different actor playing the Hulk. They're still the same character though. I'd prefer the 2008 Hulk version than the Avengers version because he looks more savage.

While I agree with you, that Hulk would have looked out of place in The Avengers.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody else think Edward Norton is kicking himself in the ass for turning down the avengers?

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I don't know why people are so confused about this. Yes, it's the same Hulk. RDJ's cameo in the Ed Norton movie should be a dead giveaway.

FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: I doubt it. From what I've read, him starting in Avengers and Avengers:AoU would prevent him from staring in other films such as Moonrise Kingdom, Birdman etc., due to schedules and contract obligations. I don't think he thinks about it much, considering the fact that his and Keton's roles in Birdman are oscar worthy.

FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingwillie: @aronmorales: Well, I did some research and if what Norton saying is true, then Marvel didn't even offer him the role in the first place. But he did say, that he would have refused anyway, due to him wanting to star in other more serious roles. Marvel did say that it was due to Norton's inability to "work in a team". Just do a google search

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: I doubt it. From what I've read, him starting in Avengers and Avengers:AoU would prevent him from staring in other films such as Moonrise Kingdom, Birdman etc., due to schedules and contract obligations. I don't think he thinks about it much, considering the fact that his and Keton's roles in Birdman are oscar worthy.

True but i doubt he is making that cash money like he would have in the avengers.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By BappyRonChantin

Yes it is. The tone was kinda different from rest of the marvel films though

FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: of course he doesn't. But still, he gets pretty decent money and he never seemed like the kind of guy that was all about the Benjamins.

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fuzzylittlerodent: That sounds more like the truth, so yeah, let's go with what you just said.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2008 Hulk looked better.

Pyro_raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pyro_raptor
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same character. Edward Norton didnt want to get locked down in a big contract. Much to his chargin, the man sure looks like he could use a good payday...

JugJugBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the look of the Avengers Hulk better, and I'll get flamed for it, but I like the Avengers Banner better too.

But I like Silver Age Kirby Hulk best anyway.

Pyro_raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pyro_raptor
Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

They're the same.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@w0nd: @Aronmorales: @Ryagan: @fuzzylittlerodent: @AmazingWebHead: @RD189: That guy just still seemingly denied Avengers Hulk being the 2008 Hulk twice in the Ghost Rider vs Abomination thread so who is he who denied that anyway & how should i deal/clarify with him esp. by proving it?!!!

That is what he has stated:

No they're not, you can notice that on their looks, Avengers Hulk is much brighter then Norton Hulk, Avengers Hulk is less aggresive and they got a complete different actor.

You can mention how Hulk mutates all the time in the comics. Grey, green, smart, mindless...

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

yes

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Blackdog2009

Edward Norton not continuing as the Hulk was a huge loss for Marvel. He is A lister caliber actor. Contrary to what some say here, he is pretty great in ensemble casts. Currently worked with Michael Keaton in Birdman (Oscar buzz going on there), and worked with all the major talents: DeNiro, Jeremy Renner (an Avenger himself), Richard Gere, Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, and the list goes on. Norton is a much better actor than Ruffalo. That's a fact.

Pyro_raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009: so why isn't Edward Norton featured as Bruce Banner/Hulk in the film Avengers? Is it because he no longer wanted to be featured as Hulk?!

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: @Aronmorales: @Ryagan: @fuzzylittlerodent: @AmazingWebHead: @RD189: That guy just still seemingly denied Avengers Hulk being the 2008 Hulk twice in the Ghost Rider vs Abomination thread so who is he who denied that anyway & how should i deal/clarify with him esp. by proving it?!!!

No they're not, you can notice that on their looks, Avengers Hulk is much brighter then Norton Hulk, Avengers Hulk is less aggresive and they got a complete different actor.

Well that's stupid. Right now the hulk has a mokawk and is being called doc green. Earlier appearances he was gray, then green, sometimes he is bigger sometimes he is smaller, some times he talks, sometimes he doesn't.

That person seems to be picky. Tony Stark was at the end of the hulk...

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I replied. Posted a video link proving it. If they don't want to believe it then they just don't want to admit the situation. They are fighting for any example.

"their strength levels are different, so they aren't the same"

I suppose those two aren't the same either. must be a diff universe

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyro_raptor:

From what I read, he wanted to have creative input and Marvel conflicted with his ideas. So he just decided to opt out.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 the_stegman  Moderator

To me, it seems like Norton played a Banner who still had hope left. Hope for a cure, hope to be with Betty, but after the events of the film, we get Ruffallo Banner, who is more jaded and anti social because he has lived with the Hulk for so long, and has severed all emotional ties because of it.

Both did great jobs, but are portraying the same character at different stages in his life.

Pyro_raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009: @w0nd: i just posted this thread to get it right & clear things up.

well i posted a video in the other one you were talking about, it confirms all the movies tie together. The end credit scenes did that.... So it's up to how stubborn the other user is if they want to acknowledge it or not lol.

Pyro_raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: okay why would some users be too stubborn to believe that Hulk from the Avengers film is the 2008 Hulk?!

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@experio said:

2008 Hulk looked better.

Blasphemy!!!

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the look of the Avengers Hulk better, and I'll get flamed for it, but I like the Avengers Banner better too.

But I like Silver Age Kirby Hulk best anyway.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By w0nd

@w0nd: okay why would some users be too stubborn to believe that Hulk from the Avengers film is the 2008 Hulk?!

No idea, usually when I ask them they stop responding lol. Most of the ones I ask completely forgot stark showed up at the end of it tying the two universes together. when I point that out they stop responding

Claudia2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

apparently

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edward Norton not continuing as the Hulk was a huge loss for Marvel. He is A lister caliber actor. Contrary to what some say here, he is pretty great in ensemble casts. Currently worked with Michael Keaton in Birdman (Oscar buzz going on there), and worked with all the major talents: DeNiro, Jeremy Renner (an Avenger himself), Richard Gere, Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, and the list goes on. Norton is a much better actor than Ruffalo. That's a fact.

Edward Norton is not an A Lister he doesn't have the box office draw

Pyro_raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: okay just pretend you already settled with him & that'd be fine!

GodxDarkxOpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers