#1 Posted by kingmark14 (827 posts) - - Show Bio

I ask this because whenever I see a duel, the pharaoh always duels, not yugi. Therefore, Yugi doesn't deserve the title The King of Games! Right?

#2 Edited by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

I ask this because whenever I see a duel, the pharaoh always duels, not yugi. Therefore, Yugi doesn't deserve the title The King of Games! Right?

Yugi did end up beating the Pharoh at the end of the series though

#3 Posted by SheenLantern (6910 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingmark14 said:

Yes, but

• He had prep time
  • He knows the Pharaoh like no one else
  • He knows all of the Pharaoh's cards
#4 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@kingmark14 said:

Yes, but

• He had prep time

he also put the Millennium Puzzle together which is something that no one else was ever able to do

#5 Posted by The Stegman (26102 posts) - - Show Bio

No one besides a select few know that Atem is dueling for Yugi, so to the world, he is the King of Games.

#6 Posted by Nighttimer (26 posts) - - Show Bio

At the manga finale he (yugi mutou) kicks the crap out of Atem with his kuribou deck

#7 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

Yugi is the King of Games.

Yugi was capable of winning every duel that the Pharaoh was, he just wasn't confident enough to ever put himself in a winning position.

The final episode showed that he was easily the best duelist. He took down the Egyptian God Cards (which in the anime deserve their title), his powered up Dark Magician/Machine/Toolbox Deck and he did it with a deck he'd not used much. Atem used the power of the Puzzle to win his duels as well, and Yugi beat that too.

The story of Yu-Gi-Oh is about a young, kind hearted person who never had any confidence realising that they're a total BAMF.

Yugi would hand anyone in the YGO canon their own arse.

#8 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Yugi is the King of Games.

Yugi was capable of winning every duel that the Pharaoh was, he just wasn't confident enough to ever put himself in a winning position.

The final episode showed that he was easily the best duelist. He took down the Egyptian God Cards (which in the anime deserve their title), his powered up Dark Magician/Machine/Toolbox Deck and he did it with a deck he'd not used much. Atem used the power of the Puzzle to win his duels as well, and Yugi beat that too.

The story of Yu-Gi-Oh is about a young, kind hearted person who never had any confidence realising that they're a total BAMF.

Yugi would hand anyone in the YGO canon their own arse.

#9 Posted by Web_Flotsam (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

@danhimself said:

@kingmark14 said:

Yes, but

• He had prep time

he also put the Millennium Puzzle together which is something that no one else was ever able to do

To be fair, that looked really easy. I think everybody else in the universe just really sucks at puzzles.

#10 Edited by BlackWind (7236 posts) - - Show Bio

Yugi often comes up with strategies that the Pharaoh doesn't. And to add one, in the manga it's made clear Yugi excels at more games than cards.