• 112 results
#1 Posted by Youngcircle (408 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Not :).

#2 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8048 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I don't think to many people will say its better than TDK.

#3 Posted by Youngcircle (408 posts) - - Show Bio
@BiteMe-Fanboy said:
Yeah I don't think to many people will say its better than TDK.
Really Some dude kept saying first class is the best movie ever via PM...
#4 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19321 posts) - - Show Bio

I say it...It was much better... To me at least

#5 Posted by cattlebattle (13189 posts) - - Show Bio

For a comic movie......Yes
For a film in general....No

I think the X-Mens running time (2 hours) was better paced, and left you wanting more.
Dark Knights (2 hours 15 min or so) was drawn out sometimes, and felt like it should have ended like 6 times and when it was over, while I was fulfilled...was glad it was over

#6 Posted by JediXMan (31250 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a good movie, but no, it doesn't compare.

#7 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

They are both good in different ways but I wouldn't compare them. 

#8 Posted by tensor (4938 posts) - - Show Bio

nope

#9 Posted by NightFang (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#10 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12065 posts) - - Show Bio

Cmon the best X Men filmd so far is X2, so i am going to say no.

#11 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7954 posts) - - Show Bio

It's good but it's not that good.

#12 Posted by Samimista (20929 posts) - - Show Bio

Shouldn't compare the two

#13 Posted by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

I think so.  The Dork Knight Sucked.
#14 Posted by Edamame (28394 posts) - - Show Bio
X-Men: First Class and The Dark Knight are incomparable. 
#15 Posted by mark5 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Knight so soo insanely overrated. First class is still as good though. But not at DK level. But NEARLY there.

#16 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are pretty average.

#17 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#18 Posted by Feral Nova (47406 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVED TDK, there is just no way for me to be able to compare the two. I mean... First Class was... just ok IMO... for me the movie seemed too long for me.I just wanted it to end X_x

#19 Posted by Deranged Midget (17854 posts) - - Show Bio

They are two completely different movies, it's hard to compare them. They are both good in their own aspects.

#20 Posted by one_upper (1068 posts) - - Show Bio

#1. They are completely different and comparing them is to borrow a phrase like apples and oranges.

#2. In my humble opinion TDK is the best Comic book movie to date. First Class was a distant second.

#21 Posted by StarKiller809 (1239 posts) - - Show Bio

It's good, but not that good.
#22 Posted by isaac_clarke (5460 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly God No. This guy: 

This guy is what made it fantastic in my book.
First Class had it's many faults, including some fairly flat characters / minions with no personality, still a good movie though.

#23 Posted by Rudyftw (987 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
Cmon the best X Men filmd so far is X2, so i am going to say no.
You're argument isn't valid because of this. ^
#24 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

No, of course not. 

One is a comic film, and is good for that. 

The other is a good film using comics as a source. The Dark Knight is better. Ask anyone who knows anything about film (providing they aren't a moron of course), and they'll say TDK is better. From construction to production, it was simply the vastly superior film.

#25 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

#26 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Knight and 1st Class - Best and second best respectively....

#27 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

Compare the strongest performances in both films to each other: Heath Ledger's "The Joker" for TDK, and Michael Fassbender's "Magneto" for XMFC. I think years from now filming and acting students will be studying Ledger's portrayal of The Joker. Fassbender's Magneto was good, but not as epic and huge as the presence of The Joker.

#28 Edited by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men: First Class was by far the best 'X-Men' movie and best comic book movie to date. However X2 beats it as a general better movie, and I believe X2 comes close to The Dark Knight level of awesome. 

Oh and watch out for Second Class, THAT will compete with The Dark Knight for sure.

#29 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

god no!

X-men wasn't even the best of the X-films

where as The Dark Knight is just a good movie, even when compared to other movies from other non-comic genres

#30 Posted by comicdude23 (11400 posts) - - Show Bio

Not even close.

#31 Posted by comicdude23 (11400 posts) - - Show Bio

First Class isn't even as good as Batman Begins.

#32 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio
@comicdude23

I'd say it isn't even as good as either of the Tim Burton Bat-films

it's definitely better than those Shumacher monstrosities, but that isn't hard to do

#33 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8048 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked First Class better.
But then again I dont like TDK.

#34 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

Both we're good in diff aspects..........DK was just a bit too serious imo. (see what I did there? hehehe)

#35 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9251 posts) - - Show Bio

that is actually a pretty tough choice but i would say Dark Knight is better

#36 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men First Class is tied with Batman Begins & Iron Man 2 in my book for 2nd greatest.

#37 Posted by Edamame (28394 posts) - - Show Bio

Both films have very good soundtracks, though.

#38 Posted by Billy Batson (58271 posts) - - Show Bio

No. 

BB

#39 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18858 posts) - - Show Bio

First Class came in close at second. 

Dark Knight is still currently number one in my mind.

#40 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12065 posts) - - Show Bio
@jcbart said:
X-Men: First Class was by far the best 'X-Men' movie and best comic book movie to date. However X2 beats it as a general better movie, and I believe X2 comes close to The Dark Knight level of awesome.  Oh and watch out for Second Class, THAT will compete with The Dark Knight for sure.
Thanks some one that finally notice how good the second X Men film was, i mean was by far better that Iron and Thor.
#41 Posted by Lyrad (369 posts) - - Show Bio

They are both too different to compare.  BUT....... In my opinion, they are similar in regards to what they did for the original movies. They both equally revamped the series. We all know that the original Batman was great in the early 90's, but oh my God did it age badly and they got worse and worse. Same with Xmen, the first one was good, second one was better then the third was just so bad I think it was beyond fixing.
#42 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

TDK is better
#43 Posted by SC (13299 posts) - - Show Bio

I preferred First Class more, and I thought the characterization, character interaction and character development was better than the Dark Knight, but Dark Knight was overall more polished and refined, plot wise, and in a bunch of other ways, ways that added up I could say in one sense, makes it an overall better movie. I hold both in high regard though, just for different reasons. 

#44 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@jcbart said:
X-Men: First Class was by far the best 'X-Men' movie and best comic book movie to date. However X2 beats it as a general better movie, and I believe X2 comes close to The Dark Knight level of awesome.  Oh and watch out for Second Class, THAT will compete with The Dark Knight for sure.
No. Not even close. X2 was a good movie, but comparing it to The Dark Knight is just wrong.
#45 Posted by Darthtravis (70 posts) - - Show Bio

TDK is probably the greatest Superhero movie to date. 

#46 Posted by HolySerpent (12733 posts) - - Show Bio
The dark knight is the best comic movie off all time. You cannot creat a rational argument to compare any xmen movie to the dark knight. Ironman and the hulk (2010) were way better than any xmen movie. This not my opinion, its fact. So saying any xmen movie comes close to the dark knight is f@&king ridculous.
#47 Posted by Jake Fury (19169 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL@ people's opinions being fact.
#48 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
LOL@ people's opinions being fact.
Not really. If you take into account acting, direction, production, mise en scene and other film techniques, The Dark Knight is just better. So, empirically, it's better.
#49 Posted by Jake Fury (19169 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt
All of that is still a matter of a person's personal opinion though.
#50 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury: Again, not really. I'm a huge film buff, and the difference between a good film and a bad one is not always opinion. Jonah Hex, for instance, is a bad film. Not because I didn't like it, I actually didn't hate it, but it's a bad film. The lighting was poor and the direction was choppy. These are things that can be judged objectively.