Is Wonder Woman endanger of losing her trinity spot

• 79 results
Gravelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I agree with what others have said here and have to say no.

Being apart of the trinity is not just about being currently popular; rather, for me at least, it is about how iconic the character is and while Flash is certainly iconic, he is no match for Wonder Woman (the number 1 representation of women in comics) in that department, even if he is currently more popular because of a TV series.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@spider-manwins: your list is bull because, factored for video per views, Superman is more popular than Batman.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No. It has nothing to do with comic book fans as much as it has to do with general public recognizably. My mother who's close to 70 knows who Wonder Woman is and my niece who is 8 knows who Wonder Woman is. Neither could pick Storm out of a line up of other female heroes. Wonder Woman will always be part of the trinity because she is the oldest female superhero.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

No. Cultural status beats viewer figures. Was the same when people thought GL would take her spot, its the same with Flash... and everyone else who only has a TV show to lean on.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

How the frag would she "lose her trinity spot"???

How, why and when would the trinity ever change??

What would be the purpose of changing the trinity anyway??

Who has the power to change the trinity??

What purpose does questioning it achieve??

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: The only reason Robin is there is because he was glued to Batman, and it's partially why he's so popular anyway. Robin wouldn't be nearly as popular on his own merit, and far less so than Wonder Woman.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sakura is useless as hell and still a part of the Naruto trinity, they need a woman in a trinity. It's rare to have an all three males thrinity, Attack On Titans also has it.

Especially now that more females are reading comics, both groups are trying to capture the growing audience. There's no way they would replace Wonder Woman. They even give her more clothes.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By kfabz-23

Trinity isn't about popularity, she's still a part of the trinity.

In terms of popularity though, it makes me sick that Black Widow>Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman needs to come hard in Batman v Superman.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrglfan2814: wonder woman is anywhere near as popular or as well known as batman.

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not at all. WW has served as barometer for heroines and the state of heroines since her inception and to this day is still, without much media presence, well known and has a place in the psyche of the public. She has had one of her better selling runs just a few years ago and has multiple books out pertaining to her. She has a solo movie on the way and an appearance in an upcoming blockbuster movie. If anything she's about to see a great rise in popularity in the next years that will probably solidify her more than she has been in the past few years. This isn't to say she hasn't suffered from past treatment and even now a days but she is definitely still an integral part of DC and comic books.

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Superguy1591
Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23: You and me both: it made me sad when a female friend was arguing that Black Widow was the greatest female character in comics. No offense to Widow fans, but Black Widow is so bland and forgettable that I don't want girls to think she's the character to aspire to.

If a Marvel female is going to dethrone Marvel, can it at least be Captain Marvel?

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

phlox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a de facto/cultural sense I'd say so. I think Batman and Superman are on another level. Movies may start to change that though if they're good/how much a role she plays. No to the Flash question or anyone replacing.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, as I've said in the other threads about almost the exact same topic, she's still THE female character. There's very few like Princess Leia and Mary Poppins that can even remotely compare to her status as an icon.

Avatar image for theamazingbatman
theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman rules !!!

No one can take away his position in the trinity .

Avatar image for passingthrough545
passingthrough545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dodirty said:

The real trinity is Martian Manhunter, Barry Allen, and Hal Jordan

I love you so much for this, and its true.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: which one do you go with because people tend to believe Marvel has two trinities.

Spiderman, Wolverine & Hulk

Ironman, Captain America & Thor

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nope i assure you no female hero will ever be as iconic as wonder woman or even if other heroes do surpass her in popularity (which has happened before and is happening now) they will never be as iconic. So her trinity spot is safe.

PanthersRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think WW is just at a low point on her popularity right now. I mean before the first ironman movie came out the general public rarely knew who he was but now he's currently the most popular marvel character. Once her movie comes out her popularity will return but as of right now the flash is much more popular due to his TV show and stuff

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@midnightdragon18: being a sidekick doesn't mean you aren't a hero. I know what you meant though.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#75  Edited By Straight-Fire

Nope. Nuh-uh. Ain't about to happen.

Diana's like the only A-list female character in comics. No way in hell she is losing her spot. Period.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrglfan2814: show me somewhere, in recent history where she had a solo anything except comic book

she needs the team

at this point i would reat cap and thor above her. both of them have ALL the qualities that youre using to vouch for wonder woman

you must be on the wonder woman page if you hear ANY talk about her. unless its the bezz coming from bvs, whom she has to rely on to first make an aperance

animated movie <<<<<<< live action, and she hasnt got the latter

a low bidget poop movie barely even counts, for example, i wouldnt even count that japanese spider-man as a live action representation

if flash isnt popular then whos third? in popularity, definitelty no wonder woman

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: superman remains only in the top because of his iconicness

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody cares about a trinity no more, it's a duo now (Batman and Superman)