• 53 results
flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

Edited By flazam

So I know fingers must be itching for some hate, just here me out.

The Wolverine will be released on the 26th of June It will be the 6th film to feature Wolverine.

• X-men: He was a main part
  • X-men 2: He was again a main role
  • X-men The Last Stand: He was a main role
  • X-men Origins Wolverine: He was the main character
  • X-men first class: He had a small cameo appearance
  • The Wolverine: He is the main character

He has appeared In more modern films than any Marvel Character.

In my opinion he is quite boring, Unlikable.

He Current has a main role in

• Uncanny Avengers
  • Wolverine
  • The Savage Wolverine
  • Wolverine and the X-men
  • Wolverine in Japan (That digital comic)

and maybe more......

He is an okay character but no where near as good as some characters,

Do you agree with me?

or not?

Share your thoughts below

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

He also has a main role in All-New X-Men, as well as a smaller role in Avengers, and Avengers Assemble. Also the films were designed to be centred around him, and although that's not an excuse, he was one of the best things about them. He is however a bit overused in comics, though I think that's mainly due to the fact that there isn't the need for more than one Wolverine comics (even though both Wolverine, and Savage are interesting) and X-Men comics (even though most are good at the moment). I also feel that he doesn't need to b e involved in Avengers at all seems he's in Uncanny Avengers, but to be fair he's really a background character, which makes sense continuity wise.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

No. He is in no more comics than any top tier character.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

not as overused as batman who just got crammed into MoS2

marvel also has ironman and spidey

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flazam: He isn't in any more films than other top tier character either. I can give you at least 3 top tier comic characters who have been in an equal amount or more movies than Wolverine.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You named comic appearances that Wolverine is appearing in. Superman is appearing in 9 comics while Batman is currently appearing in 8 along with guest appearances in his protégés books. Spider-Man has five just like Wolverine. Iron Man is in about six. Are all those guys overused too?

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

He is the face of the X-Men movies and Marvel's most recognizable mutants. He's a top-tier A-list Marvel character, so naturally he'll be used more. Could the character benefit from some cutbacks? Sure, for instance, I don't see why we need a Savage Wolverine book. That being said, his universal presence is understandable from a marketing and popularity standpoint.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

No more so than Batman.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By flazam
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not overused just used quicker. Which feels like he's overused.

Batman gets a trilogy within 7 years and is going in to the MoS2 which is somewhere around 2015. So overall 10 years for 4 movies.

Wolverine gets a trilogy in 6 years was, in Origins 3 years after, and is in the upcoming The Wolverine film 4 years after. So overall 5 films in 13 years.

Seems about right.

Impala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Not anymore then any other top-tier comics character.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flazam: I asked if Superman, Batman, Spider Man, and Iron Man are overused because they are in an equal amount or more books than Wolverine who you think is overused.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

"No more than Batman" is the comment said by people who have no idea what they're talking about.

Yes, he's overused, but that's mainly because of a few writers who just have to have Wolverine in everything (looks at Bendis).

Batman might guest appear, but he doesn't have whole crossovers centred around him at the expense of every other character.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fadetoblackbolt: Batman is in more books than Wolverine. I guess writers like to shove Bruce gratuitously him n books just like they do Logan.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

@wolverine08 said:

@fadetoblackbolt: Batman is in more books than Wolverine. I guess writers like to shove Bruce gratuitously him n books just like they do Logan.

Individual comics don't mean anything. Wolverine could have 15 and Batman could have 14, they're individual comics, you can avoid them as easy as you like.

It's the overuse in team books, the fact that it's "Wolverine and the X-Men", Age of Ultron being a Wolverine series, crap like that that makes him overused.

Batman isn't heading up the Justice League. He's not taking over a school for reasons that defy any kind of logic. He's not on the Justice League, the Justice League Dark and the Teen Titans. He's not everywhere you look.

If you want to avoid Batman, you can. You just don't read the Batverse and you don't read the JL proper. Easy.

You want to avoid Wolverine? You can basically only read Superior Spider-Man and the F4, and if you read Superior Spider-Man or the F4, you're terrible.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fadetoblackbolt: Not true. Of the 17 Marvel comics on my pull list, only 3 have Wolverine in them. I get lots of great Marvel comics that don't have Wolverine in them.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fadetoblackbolt: the only reason thats true is because everbody aint in new york city or because of geoff johns

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#20  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Wolverine is overused

Batman is overused

Iron Man is overused

Superman is overused

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wolverine008

Frankly, when people say a character is overused, all they usually mean is "I don't like the fact that the character I don't like is popular".

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@wolverine08: I like all the characters I'v mentioned and I still think there overused

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous:

I mean that sometimes I see people call a character overused when in fact, they just don't like that the character they don't like is popular. I agree with your list, and I love all the characters on your list (especially Wolverine), and I do agree they are to an extent, overused.

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is by far the most interesting, original & badass character in X-Men not to mention the most popular. Wolverine alone probably carries as much weight as the franchise in total, if not more. Of course this has been enhanced by his constant appearances in films as a central character but it wasn't like things were very different before the movies, Wolverine was the most loved one even then.

I'm not the biggest X-Men fan so to me it's obvious why Wolverine is used so much, in my opinion he is by far the best character of the series & the only one who can make a solo-story interesting (to me).

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwightspitz:

You sir, are right on the money! Wolverine is the best!

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwightspitz: @wolverine08: I am not saying I dislike Wolverine not at all, I admit Batman and Superman are Overused as well, But Wolverine has been In more films then any Marvel character. I find that there is mutants more interesting in character than Wolverine.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wolverine008

@flazam:

Well, with the movies Wolverine will always be the star. The general public doesn't care about other mutants like Cyclops, Storm, etc. and won't watch a movie that heavily features them. The only mutant they care about is Wolverine, and that's what the movie producers will provide.

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flazam: Just like W08 said, Wolverine is the only mutant that can support a solo act. He belongs to the Hall of Fame where Batman, Superman, Spiderman & the other box office characters are chilling, and he is the only X-Men that's a member.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He sells, that means there's a demand for him so maybe he's not overused, although I want to see a movie with Cyclops in the lead.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Because I find the others are more deserved to be overused

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By QueenCorp15

I love wolverine but he is in too many titles he shouldnt b in an avenger comic HEZ AN XMEN!!!!!!

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JulieDC

Its just a sad part of running a business. You sell what people will buy. Of course this creates something of a catch 22. Marvel will focus more on Wolverine (or substitute it with X-men and Avengers) because that is what sells, and will justify not focusing on others because they won't sell. Of course you can't sell what you aren't willing to put out and thus you only end up with people who will buy Wolverine comics (or whatever it is you are selling) thus justifying why you make everything revolve around him.

eternalnature

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO I'm still waiting for him to be in days of our lives.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CHUCKY47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CHUCKY47

He's 1 of my top 100 favourites but he is overused

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yeah he's overused, but I'm fine with it, Wolverine is one of my favorite characters.

I'd actually want him in more movies like Wolverine vs Hulk & X-Men vs Avengers :P

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Superman is in Superman Unchained, Superman ,Action Comics, Batman/Superman, Justice League and Superman/Wonder Woman that's only 6. unless you count digital comics like Adventures of Superman Injustice and Smallvile then yeah he is in 9. Batman is in Batman, Detective Comics, Batman and Robin, Batman :The Dark Knight, Batman Incorporated, Bamtan/Superman and Justice League and if you count Injustice and Legends of the Dark Knight then he's in 9. Wolverine is in Wolverine, Savage Wolverine, Uncanny Avengers, Avengers, Avengers Assemble, Wolverine Japan, Wolverine and the X-Men, All New X-Men, the newly announced Amazing X-men and Astonishing X-Men which adds up to 10 titles. so I think you're wrong on him not being overused.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Wolverine and I honestly don't care about him being overused since I really like him but some of my favourite's are over used. Superman Wolverine Batman etc. but I'm fine with it but alot of people are not. I dislike Iron Man(love him in the movies) and Deadpool and they are over used but I don't care as long as they are written well and not annoying or pointless when they appear in my books I'm fine with them being there.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nahuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes he is, even if the fan boys says otherwise

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08: Superman is in Superman Unchained, Superman ,Action Comics, Batman/Superman, Justice League and Superman/Wonder Woman that's only 6. unless you count digital comics like Adventures of Superman Injustice and Smallvile then yeah he is in 9. Batman is in Batman, Detective Comics, Batman and Robin, Batman :The Dark Knight, Batman Incorporated, Bamtan/Superman and Justice League and if you count Injustice and Legends of the Dark Knight then he's in 9. Wolverine is in Wolverine, Savage Wolverine, Uncanny Avengers, Avengers, Avengers Assemble, Wolverine Japan, Wolverine and the X-Men, All New X-Men, the newly announced Amazing X-men and Astonishing X-Men which adds up to 10 titles. so I think you're wrong on him not being overused.

I didn't say he isn't overused. I meant that both DC and Marvel have a problem with overusing their top tier characters, and that not only one top tier character should be singled out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: ohh but it sounded like you were saying Superman and Batman are more overused than Wolvie which is incorrect. all 3 are definitely over used but I have no problem with it but most people do. Yet no one bitches about Spider-Man.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08: ohh but it sounded like you were saying Superman and Batman are more overused than Wolvie which is incorrect. all 3 are definitely over used but I have no problem with it but most people do. Yet no one bitches about Spider-Man.

DC and Marvel both have a problem with overusing their big timers, but like you it doesn't bother me. If you don't like Wolverine, Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, etc. just don't buy their books. Simple as that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: but that's how you make a profit. you use the big guns. if they used guy's like Iceman or Steel no one would care. so they stick with Superman Spider-Man etc. I agree I love Superman Batman and Wolverine but I dislike Iron-Man and I find Spider-Man to be fine but even though they are overused I don't bitch about it I'm fine with it.

KaineParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine rakes in cash for Marvel. If you don't like it no one is forcing you to read it.

No. He is in no more comics than any top tier character.

Exactly. Top producers get more books.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

He was and is in comics.

In movies: No.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want more Wolverine. More and more and more.

Why? Because he is my favourite comic book character.

I love wolverine but he is in too many titles he shouldnt b in an avenger comic HEZ AN XMEN!!!!!!

According to the last Uncanny Avengers, he's not an Avenger anymore. That should make some people happy.

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Is the sky blue, is the grass green?