is this time to allow dbz?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ssjgodkakarot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll is this time to allow dbz? (35 votes)

yes 40%
no 60%

i am just wondering why we cant discuss dbz vs other uni.

I mean we just have respect each other and proofs

• 
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Maybe when people actually start following the rules and stop making DBZ threads, they can come back.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think its stupid to single out dbz and now allow them in battles vs characters from other universes. i dont care that those battles ended in flame wars. marvel vs dc has tons of those too but theyre still available and thats BS

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jmarshmallow

Good thought, but a couple things:

1). We've tried in the past, several times actually. Never works out.

2). People aren't mature enough to handle it, there will probably be a flame war on this very thread if the mods don't lock it ASAP.

3). This isn't a battle, if anything it should be moved to Off-Topic.

4). I really hope this works despite being on mobile. @god_spawn @deranged_midget

Jmarshmallow

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nope.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foreverevil: Technically, this isn't an anime site. It's a comic site. If flame wars can be avoided by banning a certain universe, then so be it.

If you don't like comics, go to AnimeVice! No disrespect, just the truth.

I honestly hate the rule. But I respect it because I have to.

Jmarshmallow

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Joygirl

@jmarshmallow: Trick to making it work on mobile (I'm on mobile right now) is adding a colon to the end of the name. :D

ssjgodkakarot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ssjgodkakarot

i mean we have to solve these dbz vs other uni.

Battels with little maturity at least.

Banning something never ends question.

If some one belive spiderman can win against galactus we dont have to disrespect him/her

Just let it be.and its all simple then

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Much appreciated! Been trying to figure that out for ages!

Jmarshmallow

ssjgodkakarot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what if we like both comic and manga(aka jap. Comics)

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

#10  Edited By kidman560

@wolverine08: @jmarshmallow: @joygirl: absolutely not. i am sorry there is only so many Goku stomps silver surfer comments i can laugh at before i become sick to my stomach or the even more funny Goku stomps Sentry (these i feel like Vomiting on!) sorry until DBZ fans cool it i dont want it

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foreverevil: Technically, this isn't an anime site. It's a comic site. If flame wars can be avoided by banning a certain universe, then so be it.

If you don't like comics, go to AnimeVice! No disrespect, just the truth.

I honestly hate the rule. But I respect it because I have to.

Jmarshmallow

i agree with the first point.although idk what manga are. anime is just a form of japanese cartoons no?? but the characters are from manga. whatever that is. i assume its just another word for comics. i personally do love comics and dont know if that second comment was directed at me or just said in general. i hate anime style cartoons. i hate the rule too but i dont have to respect it.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jasonhawke
Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjgodkakarot: Problem is most people don't have that mindset.

If someone doesn't subscribe to his or her beliefs, certain member of this site *ahem* will just resort to deragatory name calling, insults, and plain old mean-spirits.

And manga in general is still allowed. Just not DBZ. Much to my disappointment.

Jmarshmallow

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its not about manga and comics its about dbz

And i think dbz vs otherverse have to be allowed.because dbz vs otherverce is cool and high voltage

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Furthermore - DBZ is allowed in CaV. Do that if you really want to debate DBZ so much,

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ForeverEvil

@jmarshmallow said:

@ssjgodkakarot: Problem is most people don't have that mindset.

If someone doesn't subscribe to his or her beliefs, certain member of this site *ahem* will just resort to deragatory name calling, insults, and plain old mean-spirits.

And manga in general is still allowed. Just not DBZ. Much to my disappointment.

Jmarshmallow

then the problem is the people. get their ass banned. theyre the problem not any one subject. i understand comicvine probably doesnt want to do that cause its bad for business. more people means better business for them

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think mods have to bane those ones who generally insult other in these batteles

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No because DBZ fans.....get angry and start flame war very quickly and something about DBZ fans makes comic fans start flame wars and get very agitated.

The ridiculous power scaling argument that makes no sense and the.......resolve and stubbornness of anime fans in general also lends to it IMO. DBZ fans rarely budge on their opinions and beliefs in their arguments. Then it gets frustrating, people start e-yelling, etc.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Joygirl
brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Joygirl:

thanx........in my opinion high v. is good some kinda energatic

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A better solution would be, ask the mods to keep a few threads open, like.. two, or three. So they're very easily regulated, and warning people is easy. One-two well regulated threads might just start the road to debating peacefully.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gah....here we go.

@kidman560: Comments like these are what start flame wars bud. Just because you have an opinion about a battle doesn't mean the opposing side should make you "sick to your stomach." Without this even being a battle you already had to give your opinion of DBZ! This is why we can't have nice things.

@ForeverEvil: We do have to respect it. When we made an account, we agreed to follow the rules established by the site. If you don't want to follow it, then you don't have to stay on the site! And it was in general, I wasn't directing it at you specifically.

And @JasonHawke: Apparently not on this site it doesn't!

Jmarshmallow

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

lol This is not our place to decide from the start. It's up to the mods since they're the ones who has to put up with a DBZ thread when it causes a flame war. Not ours.

But since I'm here I might as well articulate my thoughts on the matter, in my opinion they should stay banned. Nothing good ever comes from those threads.

To put it bluntly DBZ vs *insert any univsrese in fiction* sucks major c**k.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ForeverEvil

Gah....here we go.

@kidman560: Comments like these are what start flame wars bud. Just because you have an opinion about a battle doesn't mean the opposing side should make you "sick to your stomach." Without this even being a battle you already had to give your opinion of DBZ! This is why we can't have nice things.

@ForeverEvil: We do have to respect it. When we made an account, we agreed to follow the rules established by the site. If you don't want to follow it, then you don't have to stay on the site! And it was in general, I wasn't directing it at you specifically.

And @JasonHawke: Apparently not on this site it doesn't!

Jmarshmallow

yes i agree to the rules, but your premise that that makes me have to respect the rule is silly and wrong. as i already said i dont respect the rules for the reasons stated. i wont go breaking the rule, namely cause i dont care enough to make dbz threads cause i prefer marvel vs dc. so yea i dont have to suck off comicvine to stay on here. open your mind.

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By brainstorm01

@that could be great

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By brainstorm01

we want 'akira t.'

To make sure how powerful dbz charactors are

Wait

he knows himself?

Lol

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: no i am sorry i cant do that. when people disregard facts because they love DBZ it makes so sense. heck i had one of these at my school (dorky i know) but these guys said Goku beats Sentry i proved them wrong, then they moved on to Vegeta (or whatever!) and i proved them wrong. and then they moved on to someone else and i proved them wrong until finally they moved on to Gogeta (and of course they finally won!) do you see what i mean they wont quit. hell dude they even resulted to calling sentry a c**k s****er c'mon man what would you think of that

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: no i am sorry i cant do that. when people disregard facts because they love DBZ it makes so sense. heck i had one of these at my school (dorky i know) but these guys said Goku beats Sentry i proved them wrong, then they moved on to Vegeta (or whatever!) and i proved them wrong. and then they moved on to someone else and i proved them wrong until finally they moved on to Gogeta (and of course they finally won!) do you see what i mean they wont quit. hell dude they even resulted to calling sentry a c**k s****er c'mon man what would you think of that

Woah woah woah.....how'd they win again? In no way can Gogeta beat Sentry.....or anyone. He lacks feats :p

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560:

so basicly there is no chanse for dbz?

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dratini1331

No. DBZ threads almost always ending in flame wars isn't even my largest concern, it's that people always use math, inconsistencies, and plot to debate with. It's almost never feats, and when it is, it's almost entirely arbitrary.

I love DBZ, but it's almost impossible to have actual debates with. The manga was never meant to have consistent feats of characters spanning decades, it was made to be entertaining, and if it had to do dumb things for the sake o the plot, it did.

Avatar image for hulk_post_absolute_power
hulk_post_absolute_power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dbz threads should be allowed to return under conditions. One you have to show feats and only feats to determine how strong a character is. For example Goku in theory should be strong enough to shatter galaxies but his strongest feat is Planetary at best.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ForeverEvil

my friend said gohan was able to shatter the moon when young( although i dont remember that) so hes a bajillion times more powerful now that he becomes supersaiyan 2 lol

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560 said:

Woah woah woah.....how'd they win again? In no way can Gogeta beat Sentry.....or anyone. He lacks feats :p

i got tired of arguing!

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dratini1331

No because DBZ fans.....get angry and start flame war very quickly and something about DBZ fans makes comic fans start flame wars and get very agitated.

The ridiculous power scaling argument that makes no sense and the.......resolve and stubbornness of anime fans in general also lends to it IMO. DBZ fans rarely budge on their opinions and beliefs in their arguments. Then it gets frustrating, people start e-yelling, etc.

Oi, that goes both ways. I've seen people say some pretty stupid things on both sides.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. DBZ threads almost always ending in flame wars isn't even my largest concern, it's that people always use math, inconsistencies, and plot to debate with. It's almost never feats, and when it is, it's almost entirely arbitrary.

I love DBZ, but it's almost impossible to have actual debates with. The manga was never meant to have consistent feats of characters spanning decades, it was made to be entertaining, and if it had to do dumb things for the sake o the plot, it did.

My god, Dratini......you.....you get it. You summed it up perfectly in that statement. This....this should be the Official Statement on why Comicvine doesn't allow DBZ vs. Other Universe threads.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes because they are good for a laugh.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331 said:

My god, Dratini......you.....you get it. You summed it up perfectly in that statement. This....this should be the Official Statement on why Comicvine doesn't allow DBZ vs. Other Universe threads.

<3

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

@kidman560 said:

i got tired of arguing!

lol

@darkraiden said:

Oi, that goes both ways. I've seen people say some pretty stupid things on both sides.

I thought I highlighted it there, but yeah both sides say dumb things.....but one side is worse in a way that it just grates on your nerves. I was more open to Goku vs. Superman or w/e they do nowadays BEFORE these debates. Now, I just......my opinion of DBZ lowers every time. It's like going to that moviecodec site. My quest for logic makes me hate the DBZ arguments basically.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#40 god_spawn  Moderator

No.