Is this feat legit? Experienced members?

Avatar image for breakingthrones
BreakingThrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In the feat below, Hyperion is shown to hold two universe apart until they collide;

Q1: Is this feat legit? Is he actually holding two universes apart or is he just trying too and failing - as they collapse anyway..

Q2: Does he survive the explosion when the universes collide? Or do they not explode?

If real, shouldn't these feats put him far above superman level?

Why does he then struggle against thor and the hulk.

No Caption Provided

BreakingThrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its legit but at the same time its considered kind of an outlier for him as a character since he doesn't really have any other feats which compare.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An outlier. As simple as that.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyperion was failing and was eventually going to die like everyone else on his world. The only reason he survived was because A.I.M. pulled him through to the 616.

BreakingThrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyperion was failing and was eventually going to die like everyone else on his world. The only reason he survived was because A.I.M. pulled him through to the 616.

Thanks for giving me a decent response on that.

So he didn't tank two universes colliding? He got teleported?

Yeah I thought he was failing lol

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage can explain it quite well, in reality it's only really a planetary feat.

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's still impressive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's wrong with it being an outlier? He still did it. That's someone he can do now. Its a comic book it doesn't have to match up with every other feat he has. Its common that heroes are smart/strong/fast enough for whatever the plot needs. Can't fault them for that. I don't like disregarding feats just because they are too good.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: thats true he still did it but for the battle forums when a character does something he doesnt do on a regular basis its considered an outlier. Consistent showings are what are used during battle forum on a majority.

Raizell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Raizell

Outlier is something like let's say someone destroyed the moon easily but after that feat he struggles to destroy a city.This makes moon feat outlier.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Exactly. I mean, Spider-Man fought Namor to a standstill, and Namor has legitimately nearly beaten Hulk on dry land.

Point is, writers will occasionally change a characters feats for what's needed at the moment

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#13 stormshadow_x  Online

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Overmonitor

@stormshadow_x: @breakingthrones@guardiandevil83 I'm fairly sure he didn't fail... the planets he was holding back crumbled. Says so in the scan.

It also says the cascading energy collapsed 2 universes. I'm 90% sure that means he survived that much energy, as he was pulled from the void after the destruction, not moments before-hand.

Edit 1: I'm currently looking for the scan after the one posted. Here's something for the meantime:

No Caption Provided

Edit 2: Guys, everyone... this is why you don't listen to Internet people without proof. They say things that aren't true because of the anonymity. These guys won't even admit they're wrong once they see this, but here goes anyways.

No Caption Provided

Now does that put his durability above Supes? I would say so, but until we get more feats it's really hard to quantify. This same Hyperion had his eyes gouged out, easily, by a Beyonder.

But Beyonders also killed the Living Tribunal, every Celestial, and every cosmic abstract, from every single multiverse. They also destroyed countless universes and created Molecule Man and PR Beyonder (I'm assuming based on evidence). So it doesn't say much to lose to them.

It's all too new and not established enough yet to really make pronunciations.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's legit... Hard to tell, he supposedly died soon afterwards.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By dernman

Don't take it for fact. Hickman's writing can be stupid at times. He has Beyonders killing LT but dying to normal characters like Thor and others.

Avatar image for josteinfleurme65
Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Josteinfleurme65

No consistency, outlier.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a outlier even if we do use it as a feat he held 2 earths apart barely then was pulled through to 616 by aim.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

I am not actually sure how to classify it, because the text on the page gives us no hint of time that Hyperion actually held these two, it could have been only a second before he was squashed a foot or two into each and they collapsed against each other as if he hadn't even been there. But it does tell us that everything else on those planets had already died due to proximity... so even if he had held it, it would have been a Pyrrhic victory. Unlike this non-canon version of the same feat:

No Caption Provided

Regarding his survival, well either he did survive and was left in an empty void or AIM pulled him out at the last second.

killerravens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I consider it legit.

Though the Beyonders are kinda inconsistent.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: See my earlier post #14. He clearly was the only living being durable enough in either universe to be able to survive the cascading energies of colliding universes. These same energies completely obliterated 2 universes and left Hyperion unharmed. To quote "And everything died. Everything... except him. He floated in nothingness."

Not to you: I literally proved this point a few posts ago. I don't even know why I try anymore, people don't even read threads, just the OP and then they reply with false info, redundant info, or uneducated guesses even when the evidence has already been posted. They just want to see their username on here, I swear.