Is this Character broken?

BroskosTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BroskosTZ

As a writer and a future Animator. I have made countless shows in my lifetime. Now turning 18 and soon 19, I have thought about this crazy character.

This Character is named Rios, he is a Time traveler and as he fights through the past, present and Future he begins to see all the fighting styles of the century. In the beginning Rios was a person who was fascinated by the world. He wanted to be a Geologist.

But his parents pushed him towards being a fighter than being an intelligent man. After his parent die of old age. He decides that he is done with fighting and continues to be his dream goal.

One day, an alien invasion happens. No one is tough enough to stop the insane Apocalypse. Moments later, the human race was killed off and Rios is the last human in existence. He weeps that sooner or later, he will get spotted and he'll end as the rest of the people.

He then spots an old run-down laboratory, he walks inside of it, sneakily without getting notice by the aliens. Once in the laboratory he sees old notes of the deceased scientist. Showing that in about 2 years, Time Travel will be active.

That is when Rios decide that he will one day return to this version of the future and will avenge the Human Race.

Due to Rios knowledge, he spends 3 1/2 Months figuring out the Scientist hypothesis. 5 more months past, and during that time he then got in-construction on not a time-travel car or door. But a drug and a chip.

As Rios drinks the drug, it backfires as it nearly kills him. Before almost dying he then injects the chip into his arm. Thus sending anywhere in the Timeline of Earth.

This is Where Rios takes his journey into going back in time to learn every single fighting skill every created. In order to defeat the aliens. He first head into the past to learn the basics of fighting.

Now in the past, everything is just Industrial meaning that no electricity was made until the far past. As Rios arrived in the past he learns the ancient arts or Martial-arts going from Tie Kwon Do to Jujitsu.

He then enters a tournament to see how strong he has become. He wins the contest and heads on forward to the Present.

The Present is Modern Day, Where he learns mostly the same thing except he now knows street fighting and manipulating. (I know manipulation is not a fighting skill but it is a skill to trick your opponent into doing something.)

After that, he heads on back into the Future. But this time not into the Apocalyptic future. Instead he goes he time-travels into a time where the human race didn't die off. He then trains in the future,but all the moves he learned are similar to what he already from his parents.

He then comes goal blocked that now going through everything he is at world's end.

Sooner or later one of his friend said that a people from another planet would like to meet him. He then meets the aliens and told him that they are The Guardians. Seeing from his experience as a Time-Traveling Fighter, they would like to use him as a trump card.

Rios agrees with joy that he would like to join the aliens along with his friends. The aliens warned that stepping into their environment is deadly. Their oxygen differs from earth as it was told their planet is in another Galaxy.

Rios and his friends take the risk and tells them another warning that training on their planet for 5 years is training on Earth is 5 weeks. They hopped on the spaceship and fly into the Planet Infinite, where we won't see the crew for 300 years later.

And forgot to tell them that aging stops.

I'm back to tell you the intelligence in Rios fighting. Learning Manipulation, Rios sees that there is fighting far beyond getting physical.

I'll think I'll stop here today.

OK I'll stop there. This is the updated version of my question. Now you can actually converse or ask me question on Rios.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He sure seems terribly broken.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

"As of now he has the power to destroy 3 planets and almost a whole galaxy."

I don't understand this sentence as there is an unfathomable difference in scope between three planets and a galaxy comprised of thousands of stars.

The problem with super-men is where do you go from there and how do you humanize them? God himself is beyond human comprehension, and so God's "hit man" is presumably also going to be infinite and immortal being. When a character can do anything, creating tension in a series is difficult. Additionally, creating unique adversaries is equally challenging, because now the author has to invent something slightly more powerful than all-powerful. It's the infinity-plus-one dilemma.

Becoming God's guardian should be the end result when there is no more story left to tell. The reader should follow the character from lowly plumber or what have you to fallible hero to earthly champion to galactic guardian and so forth. If you start at the top there is no where to go but down.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kyrees

once you have seen a made-up character that eventually become one of the chaos, aka the primordial essence of which the multiverse came from, and is outside any laws of said multiverse, that's where you say that character is broken.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who the hell is he fighting with all that power ?

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One Above All Primal-Monitor Man Of Miracles and Batman

BroskosTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: I didn't want him to be broken. Ah, dang it I forgot to tell his story

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ariesxmasters

Is this character broken? Or is he just too strong?

A character that strong is probably going to have crazy inconsistencies.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10 SC  Moderator

You should make him stronger! Then you can make his motivation apart from learning every move from century to century to learn how to be more than strong, and to have the humility to match his strength, his strength which is so absolute and potent that the word strength fails to describe his strength. He will never become broken because to the character, to become broken would be a respite to the curse that is maximum and extreme strength!

BroskosTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: You're right I just forgot to put in his story.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By I_Am_Lightning

I was thinking about it right now, and i came to a conclusion...

No Caption Provided
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14 SC  Moderator
BroskosTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!! I am updating the question. Because I was half-asleep when I create it. So stay tune for the update!!!

BroskosTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HERE IT IS!!!! My updated version of the question. Is Rios too broken or is he alright?
I want no rudeness in the comments this time.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jeepeh

@broskostz: Broken, as in, you're asking if Multi-planet buster is too OP?

BroskosTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nope

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: Sort of.

IMO there's no such thing as too powerful, it all depends on how you write it.

Take Pre-Crisis Superman as an example, the problem wasn't that he was too powerful. It was that they didn't give him villains to fight properly. If Solar System busting Superman fought Solar System busting Darkseid happened, we'd have a comic version of Goku vs Beerus. >_> It's all in how you write the story and how you set up challenges. Heck, you don't even need equal villains, read One-Punch Man. He's the most powerful character there by a mile even from the beginning, but it's still fun to read.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DBVSE7
TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7: LOL true Élan could take this guy blindfolded x)

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate the word broken!

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman would stomp him with ease

BroskosTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@midnightdragon18: Get out of here. If Rios can back 300 later. Batman would get himself killed. And Batman is not a God (I know it's a joke)

He the Dark Knight and Rios is a Time Traveling Fighter who took his fighting to space in order to destroy the alien who took over his world.

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@broskostz: batman stalemated karate kid. Karate kid is also a time traveling martial art.karate kid knows everything single martial arts from the future. Karate kid fights superman level characters like it was a walk in the park. All that and he couldn't beat batman. A bloodlusted morals off batman would stomp Rio

BroskosTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@midnightdragon18: I'm sorry but you just made that up and stole my idea. Quit saying that Batman is stronger then Rios because Bruce Wayne is a regular person who alter-ego is Batman.

Quit with the nonsense man.

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@broskostz: lol it's all true

Look up karate kid,he's pretty much like rio,but he couldn't beat a morals on batman.

BroskosTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@midnightdragon18: Yes it all true but Rios is far different from Karate Kid. I know this because 300 years later. His actions are severely different.

If you want more on what I just said, pm me.

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@broskostz: its ok dude, im just trolling you. Rio would stomp batman.

BroskosTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ANOTHER UPDATE!!! Time to tell you his statistics and his intelligent mind.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, enough with the fighting and strength.You should focus on character and story rather than just building up a strong fighter.

What is his character? What is his goal? What is he willing to do to achieve his goals? Does he have a distinct set of ethics? What is his personality like? Is he grim? Is he sarcastic? Is he hopeful? Is what happened in his earlier life to mould his personality? What kind of doubts and fears does he have?

These are just some questions you have to ask about your character if you want to write a good story. And since you're writing science fiction, you have about another hundred questions to answer in reference to world building.

Anyway you should start with a character template sheet to get the basics of the character. Then, it is good to write a character timeline to get to know them and their backstory(and it helps with world building).

If you think your character is broken, I'd suggest reviewing them to see if they are a mary-sue.

BroskosTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip: Uh, I already said his story. It's most of the paragraph.

WELLDONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im stealing this. Lol

BroskosTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@welldone: Don't be a dumb troll. Stealing from others will hurt you in the end.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing i could think.

No Caption Provided
BroskosTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points