Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Sidney
@castleking said:
"@Sidney said:
" @castleking said:
"micheal is the chief arch angel of all the chiors he has wrestle with bulls and humans and supposedly tossed out lucifer into pertition. i say supposedly b/c in the judeo bible and the new testament jesus/God never mentioned it.the tossing out of heaven came from a man and his stupid visions iirc."
Peritirion? And why Jesus/God never mentioned it? And the man made up the tossing out of heaven makes you think if a pwerson made up this whole God as a story. "
What?  they never mentioned it b/c in the original testament their is no such thing as hell or the devil."

Well Jesus did not come into the new one so he did not make hell until then. I wish however their never was a heel just a heaven. And were would all the bad people go to you may ask well they just remain dead. While the good people go with God in paradise.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#102  Edited By castleking
everyone one was supposed to be in sheol, b4 jesus showed up and let them all to heaven.  technically their is no hell or tormant you are simply not close to god which is what is suppose to be hell for ppl.
Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Sidney
@castleking said:
"everyone one was supposed to be in sheol, b4 jesus showed up and let them all to heaven.  technically their is no hell or tormant you are simply not close to god which is what is suppose to be hell for ppl."

Um their is hell you die you burn up in the firey pits of hell. And what was sheol?
santeria_smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By santeria_smith

This makes me wonder... Has Jesus made an appearance ever in a popular comic book? like superman, cap, batman, etc.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By castleking
@Sidney said:
" @castleking said:
"everyone one was supposed to be in sheol, b4 jesus showed up and let them all to heaven.  technically their is no hell or tormant you are simply not close to god which is what is suppose to be hell for ppl."
Um their is hell you die you burn up in the firey pits of hell. And what was sheol? "
Sheol is where the Catholic church got the idea of a hell for their religion although its description of it is nothing close to fire and brimstone or lakes of fire that was later added by a man and his vision that he believed hell was, the church also grabbed parts from Dante's inferno to further describe what hell" would" look like.            Sheol is where jesus descended to, to raise the  spirits, martyrs, and prophets to heaven or to simply rest with them depending how you translate the original text.  Hell came from the mistranslation of Sheol.
Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Sidney
@castleking said:
"@Sidney said:
" @castleking said:
Um their is hell you die you burn up in the firey pits of hell. And what was sheol? "
Sheol is where the Catholic church got the idea of a hell for their religion although its description of it is nothing close to fire and brimstone or lakes of fire that was later added by a man and his vision that he believed hell was, the church also grabbed parts from Dante's inferno to further describe what hell" would" look like.            Sheol is where jesus descended to, to raise the  spirits, martyrs, and prophets to heaven or to simply rest with them depending how you translate the original text.  Hell came from the mistranslation of Sheol."

So you saying their really is no hell?
Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Sidney

Dante's Inferno was fake doubt a man could go to hell and leave.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By castleking
thats what my courses of religion/culture awareness original text and theological classes taught by a christian minister/chaplin taught and has led me to believe. 

@Sidney said:
" Dante's Inferno was fake doubt a man could go to hell and leave. "
Dante's inferno is just another medium that the catholic church drew from for their image of hell. no one said it was real it was just a poem.  just like revelation was just a dream of a man who describe what heaven and hell looked like to him that the church added to its bible.

lioneta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By lioneta

Jesus?

Avatar image for giuseppe_riccadonna
Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Spider-man Catholic? He did grow up in Queens lol. JK.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#111  Edited By The Psyentist
@castleking said:
" @Sidney said:
" @Push said:
"Lucifer, Satan, Michael. There all part of christian mythology :-) "
Micheal? And christian not a myth most likely real. "
no, it a myth without any factual evidence to support its claim, no other cooperating literature or records to verify the the bible just a jumbo of stories with certain life lessons..... i would call it more of a myth then anything. "
The Dead Sea scrolls supposedly support some of the scripture. And there are historians that have found stuff relating to what was written (kings, countries, correlating time periods, etc). But it's been a long time since I've studied it so I can't recall any details regarding it.
Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Sidney
@castleking said:
"
thats what my courses of religion/culture awareness original text and theological classes taught by a christian minister/chaplin taught and has led me to believe. 

@Sidney said:
" Dante's Inferno was fake doubt a man could go to hell and leave. "
Dante's inferno is just another medium that the catholic church drew from for their image of hell. no one said it was real it was just a poem.  just like revelation was just a dream of a man who describe what heaven and hell looked like to him that the church added to its bible."

Can we discuss the rest of this in mail? I do not wanna get off topic in this thread.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#113  Edited By pixelized
Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Sidney

Was Wolverine christian?

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By castleking
@Sidney said:
" Was Wolverine christian? "
hell to the F'n no he is more into the Zen/Buddhist Shinto type of believe system with the ancestral spirit worship and respect   and  has shown in the past a distain to the hypocritical belief system of Christianity and what it has inspired man to be. he outright told a person who tried to change his belief structure  he would rather be an animal then be like him.   his belief structure is more animism then anything else due to experience, tradition of his loved ones and MA learning.
Avatar image for mar_vell_liberation_front
Mar-Vell Liberation Front

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Captain Marvel, the original character known as Mar-Vell, often said "Good Lord!" as if to refer to the Christian sense in spite of his being an alien from outer space. He often said "By Hala" as if to refer to Heaven, although ambigiously as not to shove religion in people's faces. His symbol, the seven pointed star, can be traced back to an ancient Christian meaning of "rejuvenation". The cover of Death of Captain Marvel was in it's own coverart an obvious tribute to a painting of Mary holding Christ's physical body. The recent Brian Reed/Lee Weeks (a known Christian) successful and controversial miniseries also references religion in the Christian sense as they are helping the downtrodden.
However, Captain Marvel is just an interesting superhero that is overlooked for some reason, and the character himself acknowledges he is not God.

The inference is to provoke thought.

So yes, I would say so, although indirectly.

Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Sidney
@castleking said:
"@Sidney said:
" Was Wolverine christian? "
hell to the F'n no he is more into the Zen/Buddhist Shinto type of believe system with the ancestral spirit worship and respect   and  has shown in the past a distain to the hypocritical belief system of Christianity and what it has inspired man to be. he outright told a person who tried to change his belief structure  he would rather be an animal then be like him.   his belief structure is more animism then anything else due to experience, tradition of his loved ones and MA learning."

So someone tried to turn him christian and he taught them the right way? Also he thinks christianity mess people up?
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By castleking
@Sidney said:
" @castleking said:
So someone tried to turn him christian and he taught them the right way? Also he thinks christianity mess people up? "
yes, and yes. it doesnt help that the ppl were stereo typical rednecks with guns with no respect toward all life including animals and were hunting and needed rescue from logan.
Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Sidney

Oh i see.

Mitchiekidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Mitchiekidd
@box turtle said:
" Yes it does.  People like heroes that share their values--I, for example, don't like Ghost Rider, because it goes against my beleifs.  I like to read about people which care about the same things I do, because it is easier to relate to them.Here are some known Christian Superheroes:Icarus (killed), Nightcrawler, Daredevil. "

@box turtle:  what do u disagree with ghost rider about
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Power NeXus
@Mitchiekidd said:
"@box turtle said:
" Yes it does.  People like heroes that share their values--I, for example, don't like Ghost Rider, because it goes against my beleifs.  I like to read about people which care about the same things I do, because it is easier to relate to them.Here are some known Christian Superheroes:Icarus (killed), Nightcrawler, Daredevil. "

@box turtle:  what do u disagree with ghost rider about"

I would assume that box turtle dislikes the concept of Ghost Rider because he/she dislikes the idea of things like 'demons' and 'gods' being made into supervillilans and superheroes. I, personally, can relate to that because of my Christianity. I like the idea of people gaining powers from changes to their DNA and whatnot, but I don't like it when writers try to portray a primal force of absolute evil as a dude with a flaming skull who rides a motorcycle. I take the concept of 'demons' much more seriously than that.

@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"They showed Rogue going to church in like the 90's cartoon..."

Not surprising, since she grew up in the Bible Belt. Attending church is a common stereotype for southerners.

Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Sidney

Ghost Rider lame to me.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By castleking
@box turtle

do you hate daredevil sense he dresses like a devil?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Static Shock
@Sidney said:
"A who? "
A denomination of Protestantism. Baptist, Lutheran, and bunch of others are too.

@Babs said:
" I think I remember reading Batman was Episcopalian... "
I read that too. Though, he somewhat comes off as atheist in other books.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Static Shock

Nightwing is a Christian as well.

Mitchiekidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Mitchiekidd

Prune man..goes around and tells everyone what they do wrong and how they should feel guilty about doing things that make them feel good..

box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By box turtle
@castleking said:
"@Sidney said:
" @castleking said:
"micheal is the chief arch angel of all the chiors he has wrestle with bulls and humans and supposedly tossed out lucifer into pertition. i say supposedly b/c in the judeo bible and the new testament jesus/God never mentioned it.the tossing out of heaven came from a man and his stupid visions iirc."
Peritirion? And why Jesus/God never mentioned it? And the man made up the tossing out of heaven makes you think if a pwerson made up this whole God as a story. "
What?  they never mentioned it b/c in the original testament their is no such thing as hell or the devil."

That is completely unture.  You need to get your facts right castleking.
box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By box turtle

@castleking said:

"@box turtle

"

No.  He is Christian and is so passionate about justice i dont think he means it as a sine of respect to Satan.
The reason i don't like ghost rider is because it has been stated clearly that Zarathos is all evil.  Its as simple as that.  I mean, if Mephisto was a hero, i dont think anyone would be excited.

Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Sidney
@box turtle said:
"

@castleking said:

"@box turtle

"

No.  He is Christian and is so passionate about justice i dont think he means it as a sine of respect to Satan.
The reason i don't like ghost rider is because it has been stated clearly that Zarathos is all evil.  Its as simple as that.  I mean, if Mephisto was a hero, i dont think anyone would be excited.

"

Agreed.
Avatar image for mar_vell_liberation_front
Mar-Vell Liberation Front

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the human Juggernaut said:
"@Mar-Vell Liberation Front said:
" If I'm not mistaken Superman, at least the original interpretation by the creators was to be Jewish, whereas Mar-Vell comics don't really touch on religion in the literal sense, but the implication is Christian...who cares, as long as their heros? "
Marv wasn't a Christian, he's a Kree.  Christianity doesn't exist on Hala."

You're probably right, my friend...but my point is does it really matter?
We don't know what people's beliefs are on other planets, especially when they come to become a citizen of Earth as well as Titan.
I prefer the ambiguity to the character so he is accessible to all people. Many of these things are touched upon in Reed and Weeks Captain Marvel work, especially in Weeks' artwork, who is a known Christian.
"Hala" is a word derivitive of heaven and the 8 pointed star is a symbol of rejuvenation in both the Christian and Jewish faiths respectively.
The highly revered cover of Death of Captain Marvel that everyone is so afraid to write a real return story to, is actually  a clever rendition of Michaelangelo's The Pieta.
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piet%C3%A0_(Michelangelo)

Perhaps the point is to unite people of multiple faiths as he sees us as one.
Who knows?
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By castleking
@box turtle said:
"
That is completely unture.  You need to get your facts right castleking. "

damn me for a fool and my theology studies.....lets check the old testament and translate the scripture where you can point out the word hell, or ask a rabbi or a jewish follower of the faith.

box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By box turtle
@castleking:  Excerpt from Isaiah 14  Talks about Hell and Satan pretty clearly. 

9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.
  10 All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?
  11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.
  12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
  13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
  14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
  15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
Exile-616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#133  Edited By Exile-616

As long as I remember Ragman is a Christian

harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 21

#134  Edited By harleyquinn12
@braddock:
Yeah she did wear a cross on one of her costumes.
harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 21

#135  Edited By harleyquinn12

What about Zauriel?

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By castleking
here is the actual translation of your quote and i know you will still believe it is still hell b/c of your religious up bringing but if you were to ask a hebrew rabbi he would say it is not or go to a theological university and ask a professor they will tell you the same thing.

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt1014.htm

http://www.rishon-rishon.com/archives/067282.php

got to love the original translation of the king james bible...*sarcasm* *cough*

*cough* again their is no hell in the hebrew concept of the original text the concept of hell is woefully christian, the christians  concept of hell stems from the word sheol the common grave for mankind where the righteous and sinful both lie and yes even prophets end up their.

christian started referring to it as such. i dont like some one who doesnt study or studied the religion to tell me i am wrong when it is a common ideological philosophical  fact in the study of the religion.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By King_Saturn
@castleking said:
" here is the actual translation of your quote and i know youy will still believe it is still hell b/c of your religious up bringing but if you were to ask a hebrew rabbi he would say it is not or go to a theological university and ask a professor they will tell you the same thing.

got to love the original translation of the king james bible...*sarcasm* *cough*

*cough* again their is no hell in the hebrew concept of the original text the concept of hell is woefully christian, the christians  concept of hell stems from the word sheol the common grave for mankind where the righteous and sinful both lie and yes even prophets end up their.

christian started referring to it as such. i dont like some one who doesnt study or studied the religion to tell me i am wrong when it is a common ideological philosophical  fact in the study of the religion.
"
good... very good

It is accepted blindly by many Christians that Hell is this place that exists with Hellfire and Brimstone where all the Non Believers will be Tormented with Satan when in fact that isnt totally true to the Hebrew Translation of the Concept of Hell... the truth is that there are even some passages in the Bible where God actually explains that Hell isnt the Place that these very Christians claim it to be... but in fact the so called "Hell" is actually considered The Grave or Death itself without the raising of the Eternal Spirit from the body... which supposedly the Holy Spirit grants to a Believer... but if you really think about it... if thats God's concept of Hell just dying and ceasing to exist... is that really Hell for a Non Believer ? I mean that was what he was expecting to happen in the first place...

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#138  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe

No one needs the Greek or Hebrew to understand the Bible.

SermonAudio.com - Is Hades the Grave?

SermonAudio.com - When Ye Die - Part 1

SermonAudio.com - Hell

The Jews rejected Christ and wanted him dead.

Matthew 27:24-26 (KJV)
24: When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.
25: Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.
26: Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.

Galatians 3: 28-29 (KJV)
28: There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29: And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

1 Corinthians :1:22 (KJV)
22:
For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

Matthew 16:3-4 (KJV)
3:
And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?
4:A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

Romans 1:28-32 (KJV)
28:
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29: Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30: Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31: Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. 

bshazzar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By bshazzar

This thread sure went off the deep end.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By castleking
@King Saturn said:
" @castleking said:
" here is the actual translation of your quote and i know youy will still believe it is still hell b/c of your religious up bringing but if you were to ask a hebrew rabbi he would say it is not or go to a theological university and ask a professor they will tell you the same thing.

"
good... very good

It is accepted blindly by many Christians that Hell is this place that exists with Hellfire and Brimstone where all the Non Believers will be Tormented with Satan when in fact that isnt totally true to the Hebrew Translation of the Concept of Hell... the truth is that there are even some passages in the Bible where God actually explains that Hell isnt the Place that these very Christians claim it to be... but in fact the so called "Hell" is actually considered The Grave or Death itself without the raising of the Eternal Spirit from the body... which supposedly the Holy Spirit grants to a Believer... but if you really think about it... if thats God's concept of Hell just dying and ceasing to exist... is that really Hell for a Non Believer ? I mean that was what he was expecting to happen in the first place...

"
*high five* you study or studied religion too?
Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Sidney
@King Saturn said:
"@castleking said:

"
good... very good

"

So what your saying is their is really no hell? That nonbeleivers just be dead when they die and thats it?
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe
@bshazzar:  From "I would like to form a network of Christian Superheroes or Superheroes that are Christian so, are you out there?"

Into an entirely different subject. Discussed by people who have no idea what their talking about.

They might have "studied" but, they didn't comprehend anything.

Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Sidney
@Cezar_TheScribe said:
"@bshazzar:  From "I would like to form a network of Christian Superheroes or Superheroes that are Christian so, are you out there?"

Into an entirely different subject. Discussed by people who have no idea what their talking about.

"

so u saying their is a hell.
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe
@Sidney:  Yes,
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By castleking
@Sidney said:
" @Cezar_TheScribe said:
"@bshazzar:  From "I would like to form a network of Christian Superheroes or Superheroes that are Christian so, are you out there?"

"
so u saying their is a hell. "
depends in what you call or consider hell to be, or what judeo based religion you follow
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe
@castleking:  Christianity and Judaism are diametrically opposed to one another.

Their is no such thing as Judeo-Christianity.
Also, Judaism died when Christ died.

No one is justified by the law.

Galatians 3:10-14 (KJV)
10: For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11:
But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12:
And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
13:
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14:
That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
SermonAudio.com - Baptist History Session 17

SermonAudio.com - Hebrew Roots/Messianic Christian Zionism Warning - Pt 1
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By castleking
you have got to be joking with that comment.... christianity is a judeo based religion as are many others that originated from the middle east and took many stories and similar themes from earlier based belief structures... you really need to go to academia bro....  besides calm down lord feron
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe

I'm not joking. Jesus warned about "wise" men.

1 Corinthians 3: 19-21 (KJV)
19: For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

20:
And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
21:
Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

Colossians 2:8 (KJV)
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Listening to a man in a college that doesn't follow God won't help you learn anything.
Neither will attending a cemetery.... I mean seminary
They will both shipwreck your faith and lead you astray from the truth.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By castleking
sigh....... you are taking things out of context and applying it to our modern world ignoring different political settings climate  and the ppl jesus was referencing
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe
@castleking said:
"sigh....... you are taking things out of context and applying it to our modern world ignoring different political settings and the ppl jesus was referencing "
No.     Go back to the links in my comments and listen to them.