Is there any point to going to NY Comic Con after San Diego?

giantarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By giantarms

San Diego is the biggest comic con in America. And it's only a few months ago. So all of the major news is already announced then, right? So is there a real point for me to buy tickets to NY Comic Con, if my main goal is to watch the panels and hear the big announcements?

Is the only real reason to go for people who missed out the 'fun experience' on the west coast? Or is there ever any NEW big announcements made at the NY one?

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@giantarms: They sometimes give out info at NYCC. If nothing else, it's a great scene.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

Barely any point in going to SDCC anymore given that its about 90% emo kids wanting to know about poorly written romance novels disguised as lite horror or sci fi

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By KnightRise

Word is bond, cuz its New York, son!

Also, it would've been nigh impossible for me to get from Western NY to California last semester.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I'm going to NYCC.

Avatar image for quirky_anecdotes
quirky_anecdotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By quirky_anecdotes

@joshmightbe said:

Barely any point in going to SDCC anymore given that its about 90% emo kids wanting to know about poorly written romance novels disguised as lite horror or sci fi

I couldn't agree with you more but you forgot the lowest common denominator bay transformer fans.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Gambit1024

I was thinking the same thing. If I end up going, it'll be for some swag. Last year NYCC had an exclusive first viewing of GL: TAS, but other than that, nothing new came out of it.