• 68 results
#1 Edited by mrtrickster (2297 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking back now
DCnU is here to stay
which is unfortunate.....

#2 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Possibly

#3 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, most likely. I think they're going to keep some of the stuff from the new DCNU, but they will eventually go back..... hopefully.

#4 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Unlikely.

#5 Posted by mrtrickster (2297 posts) - - Show Bio
@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Yeah, most likely. I think they're going to keep some of the stuff from the new DCNU, but they will eventually go back..... hopefully.

I wish it could be like the Ultimate marvel situation, keep DCnU to be the dc "ultimate" universe
#6 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

To expand on what I said, DC, like any other company, is primarily driven by profit and the need to make as many people buy their books as possible. Had the feedback from the new universe been overwhelmingly negative, they would have jumped back already. But so far DCNU has been a success (proving once again that you don't need to make good stories to sell good) so there is no reason to go back to the old status quo.

Of course, there's always a chance that twenty years from now a new Geoff Johns will come around and say "Hey, the old universe was great, let's bring that back", but I don't think that's any consolation.

#7 Posted by mrtrickster (2297 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the sales boost is only temporarily though. but yeah if the sales doesn't go down drastically they probably will keep new 52 for a while.
the reviews have been mixed, honestly IMO pre-reboot stories were better

#8 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

To expand on what I said, DC, like any other company, is primarily driven by profit and the need to make as many people buy their books as possible. Had the feedback from the new universe been overwhelmingly negative, they would have jumped back already. But so far DCNU has been a success (proving once again that you don't need to make good stories to sell good) so there is no reason to go back to the old status quo.

Of course, there's always a chance that twenty years from now a new Geoff Johns will come around and say "Hey, the old universe was great, let's bring that back", but I don't think that's any consolation.

I agree with this.

"Be water my friend"

#9 Posted by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@AtPhantom said:

I agree with this.

"Be water my friend"

Me too. A lot of the New 52 stories have been good but some not so much.

#10 Posted by GunGunW (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully, they will yeah. As someone stated above, New 52 should be the equivalent to Ultimate Marvel, and I fully agree with that.

#11 Posted by mrtrickster (2297 posts) - - Show Bio

on a side note Johns ideas are getting boring, it's time to give other writers a chance

#12 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope not. I really lost interest in DC for a while, and the New 52 revitalized my love for the characters.

#13 Posted by TheCannon (19386 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

I hope not. I really lost interest in DC for a while, and the New 52 revitalized my love for the characters.

This.

#14 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (7550 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it will be too confusing to change it back so soon

#15 Posted by The_Tree (7933 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish. Most of the good titles in The New 52 could've been done without the relaunch. I don't know if they'll be so quick to alter the universe yet again though, but they might start to make small changes here and there. I can guarantee you there'll be some sort of continuity changing event within the next 10 years.

#16 Posted by mrtrickster (2297 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the relaunch did help introduce new readers to DC, but it sucks for old time readers though since continuity of previous stories are gone
honestly the new stories haven't been that good. I enjoyed I Vampire, Aquaman, Action Comics, Wonder Woman and Batman. the others are pretty mediocre. And it's been going downhill especially since writers like Grant Morrison leaving AC

#17 Posted by mrtrickster (2297 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree said:

I wish. Most of the good titles in The New 52 could've been done without the relaunch. I don't know if they'll be so quick to alter the universe yet again though, but they might start to make small changes here and there. I can guarantee you there'll be some sort of continuity changing event within the next 10 years.

haha no shit. DC LOVES to do a retcon every 10 years or so
#18 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been a bit out of the loop lately; is this the comic where Phantom Stranger is supposed to make a deal with Trigon, or is that out this upcoming Wednesday?

Either way, I'll try and get both... Hopefully...

#19 Posted by Strafe Prower (11892 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather it revert back to the old universe, but I doubt that will happen.

#20 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, I hope it doesn't revert back. Despite it's flaws, I enjoy having the first issues of new series', if we go back to the old universe I'll have to start at like... Batman issue 650 or some crap.

#21 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 is better than the few years of pre-52.

#22 Posted by TheBigRedCheese (372 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately, New 52 is here to stay.

#23 Posted by mrtrickster (2297 posts) - - Show Bio
@minigunman123 said:

Also, I hope it doesn't revert back. Despite it's flaws, I enjoy having the first issues of new series', if we go back to the old universe I'll have to start at like... Batman issue 650 or some crap.

yeah even if they go back to the old they can still continue with current issues number though
#24 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4763 posts) - - Show Bio

They won't revert it back to pre-flashpoint. That's just idiotic. There will be another reboot, though.

#25 Posted by danhimself (22712 posts) - - Show Bio

my problem is that they don't seem to care about the old readers and they claimed that they did the relaunch so that it would be easier for new readers and yet the new continuity is even more confusing than the pre relaunch continuity ever was

#26 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#27 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@Imagine_Man15 said:

This.

What? Forget that. I was bored in comics before the new 52. They better not change it to the way things were. DC pulled me back into comics for the first time since the early 2000s.

#28 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

I say extend the timeline and re-add some pre-New 52 stuff that would still make sense. And render some of the new information invalid. (Certain things that fans and writers have a legitimate reason to be irked by, other than just because things were different). DC could even through a positive spin on it, something like "we take risks to please our fans and we follow them as much as they follow us". Boom: instant PR, it'd be better than DC tucking their tails and scuttling back to old New Earth to calm the angry older fans, and it would save face in sales, too.

#29 Posted by StuckOnEuropa (118 posts) - - Show Bio

No, if anything if sales get low again DC will probably just reboot/revamp its entire line.

#30 Posted by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

Unlikely.

This,even though I want them to go back.

#31 Posted by quirky_anecdotes (344 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

@TheCannon said:

@Imagine_Man15 said:

This.

What? Forget that. I was bored in comics before the new 52. They better not change it to the way things were. DC pulled me back into comics for the first time since the early 2000s.

Yeah this.

#32 Posted by aaunderoath (165 posts) - - Show Bio

honestly they dont need to go back just yet. What they DO need is better writers to fix certain books, like the absolutely abysmal Green Arrow. Also why is Superman all of a sudden a douche?! And to add to that it seems like everyone is a brooding dark figure.. please DC 1 batman in 11 books enough we don't need 52 of them

#33 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe said:

They won't revert it back to pre-flashpoint. That's just idiotic. There will be another reboot, though.

What makes you say that? Has DC said anything about another reboot?

#34 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4763 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123: It won't happen this early. It's a step back either way.

#35 Posted by Mycroftian (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Reverting to the old universe would be -incredibly- confusing. The switch to New 52 alone has left a lot of unanswered questions in regard to what has and hasn't happened, and that was meant to be a simplification. Suddenly introducing longer, more complicated histories would be a surefire way to lose readers who picked up DC comics after Flashpoint, and the inevitable confusion would cost them more long-time readers as well. I can't see how changing the canon again would be a good move for profits or for the stories themselves, even if they waited a long time to do it.

#36 Edited by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, you know how Pandora says she realigned and strengthened it? I think after Trinity war or an event after they will revert, but not totally. They'll do what the N52 was originally created to do, smooth out continuity wrinkles and make it more accessible to new readers, instead of what they did do, with the erasing of entire characters and teams (Wally West, Donna Troy, New Teen Titans, Outsiders).

Who knows? Maybe that's why DC has been giving us such stupid answers to the Wally and Donna questions - they could be planning on rebooting the reboot!

#37 Posted by ShrimpDino (841 posts) - - Show Bio

I would also like to have the pre-flashpoint DC back and have New 52 be the Ultimate universe

#38 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13618 posts) - - Show Bio

No, like it or not, it's here to stay.

#39 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

Okay, you know how Pandora says she realigned and strengthened it? I think after Trinity war or an event after they will revert, but not totally. They'll do what the N52 was originally created to do, smooth out continuity wrinkles and make it more accessible to new readers, instead of what they did do, with the erasing of entire characters and teams (Wally West, Donna Troy, New Teen Titans, Outsiders).

Who knows? Maybe that's why DC has been giving us such stupid answers to the Wally and Donna questions - they could be planning on rebooting the reboot!

What the hell is the Trinity War and what series' is it taking place/going to take place in? Lol.

#40 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of the New 52 is cute as a novelty, but a travesty as main continuity.

#41 Posted by TheCannon (19386 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the better question is why would we want pre-Flashpoint DC back.

#42 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

I think the better question is why would we want pre-Flashpoint DC back.

@greenteaforme said:

A lot of the New 52 is cute as a novelty, but a travesty as main continuity.

#43 Posted by TDK_1997 (15059 posts) - - Show Bio

It would happen but the New 52 would last at least 3 or 4 years.

#44 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18677 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope so, i hate the new 52

#45 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

@Funrush said:

What the hell is the Trinity War and what series' is it taking place/going to take place in? Lol.

Trinity War is an event going to be released in 2013 about the Trinity of Sin, Pandora, Phantom Stranger, and Question. I'm assuming it's getting it's own book but we don't know yet.

#46 Posted by fojtikbt (94 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be WAY too confusing to go back. But I would love to see a series with The Flash remembering events and people from the Pre- New 52 Universe. Then he could get Batman to try and investigate what happened and why.

#47 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4211 posts) - - Show Bio

There is a chance, but I don't want it to happen.

#48 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

@minigunman123 said:

@Funrush said:

Trinity War is an event going to be released in 2013 about the Trinity of Sin, Pandora, Phantom Stranger, and Question. I'm assuming it's getting it's own book but we don't know yet.

Sounds awesome. Also, in Flashpoint which I just bought and read, I noticed Pandora speaking to Barry when he was on his way to fix the timestream; what's that all about? It really intrigued me. I think DC is making a much more intricate plot than many of us realize. It's really made me interested in the New 52.

#49 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

@Funrush said:

@minigunman123 said:

@Funrush said:

Sounds awesome. Also, in Flashpoint which I just bought and read, I noticed Pandora speaking to Barry when he was on his way to fix the timestream; what's that all about? It really intrigued me. I think DC is making a much more intricate plot than many of us realize. It's really made me interested in the New 52.

I don't know. I haven't read Flashpoint.

#50 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@sesquipedalophobe said:

Every 25 years or so.