• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

Mags leaving the VV, Arrow and Gambler Dropping the NAO, Fights in the threads .

All these are mile stones in comic vine history has the vine began to fall? , Can we stop it?

Does the Vine fell like it has changed?

Have your say

#2 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

You should be the reporterof the Vine, Arrow.

Even if the Vine does fall apart, I'm staying EVIL...

#3 Posted by GL Bertron (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really. People have been arguing and what not for some time now. Mags being gone is just another friend we will welcome back in time, as for the NAO, Screw them.

#4 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

We should just start over. Forget all our arguments, forget all our rivalrys, and just stay in whatever team we want, or even stay solo. Just keep the vine friendly for everyone, we aren't here to start a fight. We're here to live out our dreams or being a superhero or villian. That shoudln't be something to fight over.

#5 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the biggest problem is people taking the rpg's out of the rpg's. A good example is the NAO vs VV thing.

#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

simly put the vina has changed.

when i fist came on here it was a welcoming place to be, everyone was helpfull and friendly about welcoming new comers to the board

the vine isn't like that anymore, people are arguing amoungst themselves, blatently ignoring the rules set up by the staff and generally making the vine a hostile place for everyone.

i can honestly say that if i cae upon the vine lately, as a new comer and looked at the forums to see if this would be a friendly place to come and chat about comics, i wouldn't stay.

the only reason i am staying is because i actually have some good friends here amoungst all the infighting and bitching.

i have tried several times over the past week to get people to calm down and stop the bitching and infighting.

me, along with Last Arrow, Magneto and Gambler have made a concentrated effort to try and keep the peace in several threads in hope that people will actually take it seriously and calm down.

this has had no effect. to be completely honest i am actualy sick of the way people are fighting, swearing and bitching at each other. this site is not just for 18's and over, there are young people on the site as well and i'm sure they don't want to be looking at the amount of stuff that goes on here.

i can say for certain that this is not what the creators had in mind for the forums when they first created them

with my 2cents over i'll ge going back to my coffee and cigarette in the vain hope that some of you will actually come to your senses and make the vine a friendly place to visit again, if it does stay like this i wouldn't be surprised at all if a lot of the regular's on this forum started dissapearing.

(a quite pissed off) Methos

#7 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Well said.

As a newbie in VV, I can't help but wonder what the problem is.

#8 Posted by Owen_Porter (83173 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman621 says:

"I think the biggest problem is people taking the rpg's out of the rpg's. A good example is the NAO vs VV thing."

The NAO was created as an arch-enemy for the VV, I should know, I made it. It has since become something different and its hard to adjust.

#9 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (645 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems fine to me.

#10 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

now I feel like a really bad person....after reading Methos' opinion. I'm kinda ashamed.

#11 Posted by Owen_Porter (83173 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf says:

"now I feel like a really bad person....after reading Methos' opinion. I'm kinda ashamed."

I'm not.

#12 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

The original spark is gone perhaps the only anwers is to start over

#13 Posted by Owen_Porter (83173 posts) - - Show Bio

Mighty Magneto says:

"The original spark is gone perhaps the only anwers is to start over"

Really? because of an argument?

#14 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Mighty Magneto says:

How do you start over?
#15 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Mighty Magneto says:

How do you start over?
#16 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Mighty Magneto says:

toasts his coffee to mags.

i know you'll all be horrified to read this, but for once i'm siding with magneto

M

#17 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (645 posts) - - Show Bio

Mighty Magneto says:

Guys. It's just a couple of threads on a forum. I think you might want to reassess your priorities here.

#18 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf says:

"We should just start over. Forget all our arguments, forget all our rivalrys, and just stay in whatever team we want, or even stay solo. Just keep the vine friendly for everyone, we aren't here to start a fight. We're here to live out our dreams or being a superhero or villian. That shoudln't be something to fight over."

I agree.......but not in the way of like making whole new characters.....just well exactly what i said

#19 Posted by GL Bertron (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

I probably owe some apologizes, I tend to be a little bit of a jerk. Okay, a big jerk. I just wish that there was a way to type sarcasim. That and Not have people taking everything serious. that can be a pain too.

#20 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

ScoodleDaddle says:

"Mighty Magneto says:

Guys. It's just a couple of threads on a forum. I think you might want to reassess your priorities here.

"

Ditto.

#21 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

Prurience Man says:

"ScoodleDaddle says:
"Mighty Magneto says:
Guys. It's just a couple of threads on a forum. I think you might want to reassess your priorities here. "
Ditto."

Talkin about the teams not the site

#22 Posted by Buckshot (18867 posts) - - Show Bio

#23 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Mighty Magneto says:

"Prurience Man says:
"ScoodleDaddle says:
"Mighty Magneto says:
Guys. It's just a couple of threads on a forum. I think you might want to reassess your priorities here. "
Ditto."

Talkin about the teams not the site"

Either way, Mags. You've never struck me as a quitter.

#24 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (645 posts) - - Show Bio

Mighty Magneto says:

"Talkin about the teams not the site"

Yeah, I know. My statement still stands.

#25 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

What about the simple solution of forgetting whatever happened to cause all this?

#26 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay before I go to bed. I agree. I think we should all just wipe the NAO and VV clean, start over with it, be friends again and stop fighting. As one who likes peace and sweetness but who has been known to join in occasionally, I won't stay if this place stays as it is for much longer. I have stress enough in my life without adding to it in my free time.

#27 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

Not quitting anything just reforming is all

#28 Posted by Owen_Porter (83173 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I just say something? The VV and the Outlawz are were 98 percent of this takes place, but it always works its self out, people keep saying the kids and newbies, theres a whole lot more to the vine then those two threads. Like I keep saying, the Outlawz were made as a RIVAL for the VV, it was going fine, sure there were arguments but $#@! happens, now its changed into something new and thats fine, but this notion that because memebers of the VV and Outlawz get heated and because of it newbies are scared off is BS, how many times does a newbie come on and there first post is a blast at Mags?

#29 Posted by GL Bertron (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

So what caused all this.

#30 Posted by Owen_Porter (83173 posts) - - Show Bio

I did.

#31 Posted by GL Bertron (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

Who were you arguing with this time?

#32 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

GL Bertron says:

"Who were you arguing with this time?"

Me, and it made me cry.....oh, wait......never mind.

#33 Posted by Owen_Porter (83173 posts) - - Show Bio

Who knows, I have a good idea what was going on but its not important, that person isnt important.
Post Edited:2007-05-15 20:40:01

#34 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

ok, now that we have forgotten about it, can we get on with the teams?

#35 Posted by Owen_Porter (83173 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf says:

"ok, now that we have forgotten about it, can we get on with the teams?"

Go for it.

#36 Posted by GL Bertron (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay. If Cap UK is here. I blew off the arguement from yesterday, but I should have been serious. Sorry for being a douche bag.

Methos if you were Cap UK I can see where I need to quit being so crazy all the time.

#37 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

GL Bertron says:

"Methos if you were Cap UK I can see where I need to quit being so crazy all the time."

huh?

what?

when?

huh?

M

#38 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know what you're talking about, whistles

#39 Posted by GL Bertron (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

methos says:

"GL Bertron says:
"Methos if you were Cap UK I can see where I need to quit being so crazy all the time."
huh? what? when? huh? M"

I got into it the other day with Cap UK in an OOC post. He wouldn't follow the rules and kept complaining and even came into another thread to catch me. You said that you were a new character for a little while, I just didn't know who you were.

#40 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

See, I've been a member of the VV for a whole... what, 24 hours now?

I'm wondering if I looked at someone the wrong way or something.

#41 Posted by GL Bertron (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably not you man. Just keep up the good work in the VV RPG.

#42 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

GL Bertron says:

"methos says:
"GL Bertron says:
huh? what? when? huh? M"
I got into it the other day with Cap UK in an OOC post. He wouldn't follow the rules and kept complaining and even came into another thread to catch me. You said that you were a new character for a little while, I just didn't know who you were."

the only other character i use is Edward, and thats only for the Anita blake submissions and pictures because they are a lot more adult that my other ones

M

#43 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

We'll see how my first and a half outing goes before anyone doles out the pats on the back.

#44 Posted by GL Bertron (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahh cool. I should still PM Cap and properly apologize though. I was kind of brutal.

#45 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

GL Bertron says:

"Ahh cool. I should still PM Cap and properly apologize though. I was kind of brutal."

roflol...

ok, now i'm intregued... what did you do?

M

#46 Posted by GL Bertron (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

I told him if he couldn't follow the RPG rules then he should just get the f* out of the RPGs.

#47 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

GL Bertron says:

"I told him if he couldn't follow the RPG rules then he should just get the f*** out of the RPGs."

oh god...

i'll have a chat with him next time he's on :)

M

#48 Posted by GL Bertron (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna PM the little guy now.

#49 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like it would be in poor taste to post in the VV battle thread at this point.

#50 Posted by Owen_Porter (83173 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the worst is over.