Is the new Moon Knight series a good start?

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Anjales_II

I always saw Moon Knight as nothing more than a Batman rip off, but him getting the spotlight here on CV, I'm starting to consider giving him a shot, and I am will to change my mind about him. For someone who is new Moon Knight, where should I start? Does the new series work for new readers?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@anjales: Yea you can start here if you want. Also I would point out that Moon Knight is really nothing like Batman.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

The new series is a great place to start for new readers. I'm glad you're curious about the character and willing to give him a shot. Hopefully you'll take it further and read up on some of his older stories so you can see why so many comic fans appreciate him so much.

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Definitely.

And no Moon Knight has nothing in common with Batman aside from the cape.

This.

Before I even knew anything about Moon Knight,or before I read anything with him in it,I always dismissed him as a lite Batman rip-off,but he's really nothing like Batman.

They are just both dark street levelers,but that's really it. And that's nothing really copyright by Batman.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah, this would be an alright time to hop aboard the Moon Knight train; Warren Ellis' series is very good.

I'd also recommend these Moon Knight runs:

2006 Moon Knight run, by Charlie Huston

Essential Moon Knight Vol. 1-3

Moon Knight: Fist of Khonshu

He's had other good runs too, but these are some of my favorites.